UPDATED: Community Broadcast - New EOR Matchmaking

Comments

• AmosBurton_GER
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    [content removed to conform to forum rules]
    Post edited by ragnarok013 on
  • KPNuts74
    760 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Manual switching worked fine in the previous games. Ironically BFV needed manual switching more than the older titles due to the asymmetry on the vehicle/plane progression. Those who were trying to level the newer US planes will know what I mean. I still have not maxed the ones without rockets on the US army (not Navy) side.There was also the more obscure problem of having a difficulty making a video on stuff like the scope glints before the community servers came with how it was random if the friend would end up on the other team  as intended.

You can manual switch on BFV on Xbox and makes things much worse. On the EU servers the top clans join pub servers and if on opposite team to friends they switch over. Its not just a case of 3 squads from one clan on one team but a lot of these clans link up and you end up with spawn camp boring quick games over in 10 minutes
  • GrosPoilAuCul
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of matchmaking players based on their skill level, why not simply make servers limit the ranks that can join it so players with low ranks can only join servers for low rank players and vice versa for high ranks.

The biggest issue I've seen so far is not that the teams are not well balanced, but rather that 2-3 players can own a whole server in a plane because they are rank 300 and the rest of the server is way below 100. Forcing new players and low rank players to play against experienced rank 200+ players is not fun and it's not a good way for them to learn either. It just makes them quit and leave the game because they keep getting owned over and over without any chance to improve.

All we want is a fair challenge.
  • Jarp75
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of matchmaking players based on their skill level, why not simply make servers limit the ranks that can join it so players with low ranks can only join servers for low rank players and vice versa for high ranks.

The biggest issue I've seen so far is not that the teams are not well balanced, but rather that 2-3 players can own a whole server in a plane because they are rank 300 and the rest of the server is way below 100. Forcing new players and low rank players to play against experienced rank 200+ players is not fun and it's not a good way for them to learn either. It just makes them quit and leave the game because they keep getting owned over and over without any chance to improve.

This has rather something to do with the fact that planes are simply overpowered in this game! I hope that EA/DICE does not follow the sad way that Activision chose with this atrocious Skill based match making and other weird mechanics that are implemented in COD games. Battlefield unfortunately has also mechanics implemented that "balance skill" such as reducing Aim assist or adding latency to players that do well (that´s at least what I experience in this game), but it´s not as bad as in COD.
  • Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    KPNuts74 said:
    Manual switching worked fine in the previous games. Ironically BFV needed manual switching more than the older titles due to the asymmetry on the vehicle/plane progression. Those who were trying to level the newer US planes will know what I mean. I still have not maxed the ones without rockets on the US army (not Navy) side.There was also the more obscure problem of having a difficulty making a video on stuff like the scope glints before the community servers came with how it was random if the friend would end up on the other team  as intended.

You can manual switch on BFV on Xbox and makes things much worse. On the EU servers the top clans join pub servers and if on opposite team to friends they switch over. Its not just a case of 3 squads from one clan on one team but a lot of these clans link up and you end up with spawn camp boring quick games over in 10 minutes
    This is not exactly manual switch but joining friends which has the requirement to have friends on the side you want to go.
    Indeed people can still stack the team. But without a proper team switch button, they cannot unstack it either (not without leaving the server at least)
    There were times where we wanted to split into  both sides on TDM (to keep the community server fair and alive) and it was too much of a hassle to do so in in the BFV style
  • KPNuts74
    760 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is not exactly manual switch but joining friends which has the requirement to have friends on the side you want to go.Indeed people can still stack the team. But without a proper team switch button, they cannot unstack it either (not without leaving the server at least)There were times where we wanted to split into  both sides on TDM (to keep the community server fair and alive) and it was too much of a hassle to do so in in the BFV style
    Incorrect, scoreboard, select random player on other team - if room in squad you can join anyone.
  • Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    This is not exactly manual switch but joining friends which has the requirement to have friends on the side you want to go.Indeed people can still stack the team. But without a proper team switch button, they cannot unstack it either (not without leaving the server at least)There were times where we wanted to split into  both sides on TDM (to keep the community server fair and alive) and it was too much of a hassle to do so in in the BFV style
    Incorrect, scoreboard, select random player on other team - if room in squad you can join anyone.

Then the Xbox version is a superior version
  • KPNuts74

Don’t know about that but team switch known thing on Xbox
  • Hawxxeye
    edited December 2020
    KPNuts74 said:

Don’t know about that but team switch known thing on Xbox
    If only we had it on PC too.
    Which switching teams can temporary make the round more imbalanced, it can give it exactly the push it needs for the weak team to collapse to the point that some good squads from the better team  will be distributed to the other side.
    In BFV PC, usually the team stack is bad enough to make one side feed bad but not enough to cause a rebalance which means that the same one team will keep winning over and over and over and over until the star players quit (unless it is a community server where there is no matchmaking replacements.
  • bigiain
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Operations in BF1 made team switching a bad idea unfortunately. Too many good players knew what side was going to have  a tough time. I don't even remember it being a problem before that.
  • 19Romulus84
    128 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At BFV, I also know when someone will lose, win or the game will be even. You know how much you play and you know the players. When I see that I have too many losers in the team and I know this game will be terrible, I go out and look for a different, more even game. Although the opposite is true, sometimes I like not to let my opponents leave my base and kill them one by one like ducks in a shooting range.
  • FX_terrorFX
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if this is what KILLED COMMUNITY games? This so called "End of Round experience", sure sounds like it is the culprit to me, but what do I know?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 15
    I wonder if this is what KILLED COMMUNITY games? This so called "End of Round experience", sure sounds like it is the culprit to me, but what do I know?
    The change was reverted,  fyi.

And it did not apply to community games, The EOR matchmaking was being tested ONLY on breakthrough,  in official servers only!
  • Hawxxeye
    The change was reverted,  fyi.

And it did not apply to community games, The EOR matchmaking was being tested ONLY on breakthrough,  in official servers only!
    Yeah, for me what kills community games is that most people have left the game, most of the rest do not know or look for community games and there is no way to opt in to join community games that are "ranked" from the match making.
    Certainly nothing to do with EOR in official BT servers
  • fragnstein
    854 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Let's say this idea was implemented from the start. When the first person to reach the rank of moving on to the next level server, they will be alone waiting for others to catch up. That sounds like a good way to kill a player base
  • KPNuts74
    fragnstein wrote: »

Let's say this idea was implemented from the start. When the first person to reach the rank of moving on to the next level server, they will be alone waiting for others to catch up. That sounds like a good way to kill a player base

Exactly.

For me it just needs a team balancer so (regardless of rank) the #1 & #4 squad get put on to one team in the next round whilst #2 & #3 gets put on to the other.

This will stop a servers being unbalanced for several successive matches with 500+ ticket difference results.