How to dramatically improve KD Ratio - UPDATED WITH PS5 Results

Comments

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4813 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    Three days ago I bought a reclined sofa. Before I was sitting  on a  wooden chair in front of my LG gaming monitor 140 hz 24 incher about 1m in front of my monitor.
    My specs are:
    regular PS4 that sounds like a jet taking off;
    dualshock v2 brand new;
    hdmi 2.1 gold plated 4k cable;
    powerline adapter 1200 mbs Tp link;
    power surge cyberlink;
    monitor above;

Three days I played on my sofa, with feet up high, at about 1,5m away from the setup;

The consistent and amazing results are:

Got rekted from any angle by knee sliders especially playing BFV tactical conquest and Hellriegel forest BF1; In 3 days my K/D dropped from 4,33 to a 4,23;

Had tough times piloting in any given game BFV, BF1 and BF4. The angle of my body towards my gaming monitor is not okay, this means DO NOT BUY black friday sofas!

I got pubstomped playing alone against clans;

I tankgewehered sum muromets and attack planes because somehow waving my feet, meant proning easier so I could bushcamp like a pro; Sofa is like an extent of a hardcore sniper.

Summarize:
    My sofa is bad, perhaps that's why my K/D dropped;
    Sofa is good for snipers so If you are a hardcore sniper buy that;
    My gaming monitor on console hasn't helped me, in fact in 2 years of gaming, seeing perfectly how I died behind cover 80% time, makes things even worse;

Do not buy stuff when black friday.

I was discussing only yesterday with a few friends how long it would be before someone from the FF would come and try to derail the thread with some tedious nonsense. The general consensus was that the post would last no longer than 3 days before someone in FF would do it. And right on cue, here you are.

This thread was written to provide some value to the community and so far it seems to have been pretty well received.  So why don't you take your tedious trolling elsewhere. As usual you have nothing of any value to add.

P.S. - You don’t need to be playing AGAINST clans to be pub stomped, as can be evidenced by the attached photo. Congrats on your 24th place.

[Removed, let's leave out the stat shaming ~Rtas]

Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • fisknyllet17
    1766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    Three days ago I bought a reclined sofa. Before I was sitting  on a  wooden chair in front of my LG gaming monitor 140 hz 24 incher about 1m in front of my monitor.
    My specs are:
    regular PS4 that sounds like a jet taking off;
    dualshock v2 brand new;
    hdmi 2.1 gold plated 4k cable;
    powerline adapter 1200 mbs Tp link;
    power surge cyberlink;
    monitor above;

Three days I played on my sofa, with feet up high, at about 1,5m away from the setup;

The consistent and amazing results are:

Got rekted from any angle by knee sliders especially playing BFV tactical conquest and Hellriegel forest BF1; In 3 days my K/D dropped from 4,33 to a 4,23;

Had tough times piloting in any given game BFV, BF1 and BF4. The angle of my body towards my gaming monitor is not okay, this means DO NOT BUY black friday sofas!

I got pubstomped playing alone against clans;

I tankgewehered sum muromets and attack planes because somehow waving my feet, meant proning easier so I could bushcamp like a pro; Sofa is like an extent of a hardcore sniper.

Summarize:
    My sofa is bad, perhaps that's why my K/D dropped;
    Sofa is good for snipers so If you are a hardcore sniper buy that;
    My gaming monitor on console hasn't helped me, in fact in 2 years of gaming, seeing perfectly how I died behind cover 80% time, makes things even worse;

Do not buy stuff when black friday.

I was discussing only yesterday with a few friends how long it would be before someone from the FF would come and try to derail the thread with some tedious nonsense. The general consensus was that the post would last no longer than 3 days before someone in FF would do it. And right on cue, here you are.

This thread was written to provide some value to the community and so far it seems to have been pretty well received.  So why don't you take your tedious trolling elsewhere. As usual you have nothing of any value to add.

P.S. - The FF don’t need to be playing AGAINST clans to be pub stomped, as can be evidenced by the attached photo. Congrats on your 24th place.

[Removed]

FF make up the numbers at the bottom end of the leaderboard in most games. Perhaps you all need new sofas?

That looks like my name almost blotted out at the bottom. Thanks for including me in whatever this is. 

edit: I misread. Not my name. Still not ok though.

[Removed link ~Rtas]
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4813 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fisk. I’m sorry to hear that.

There is of course an easy solution. Perhaps if you don’t like the responses to trolling, you could have a conversation with your friends about not initiating it?

I’m not the source of your problem. Your FF friends create this environment.

This post is a great example. I write a detailed post to provide assistance to the community and it gets deliberately derailed by one of your FF members.

I’d be perfectly happy if you guys just stayed away from my posts on a permanent basis. That would be a good long term solution?
  • SmokeD_BabooN
    504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There is of course an easy solution. Perhaps if you don’t like the responses to trolling, you could have a conversation with your friends about not initiating it?

This post is a great example. I write a detailed post to provide assistance to the community and it gets deliberately derailed by one of your FF members.

I’d be perfectly happy if you guys just stayed away from my posts on a permanent basis. That would be a good long term solution?
    Very nice naming and shaming image. Is that game where I played 5 MINUTES right? Yeah I remember that game.

Now on topic Greeny.

I am amazed how many people you trolled with your nonsense again.

You see XBOX ONE and PS4 have a theoretical maximum refresh rate of 60 FPS. This means they are hardware capped unlike PC's where if you go for a high end rig and with a 240 hz MONITOR like an LG ultragear(the successor of my current monitor) the image will be consistently better i WOULD SAY night and day.

Therefore for those 60 FPS any TV with game mode or monitor that boosts an average 60HZ are perfectly fine. You can have an 144 HZ gaming monitor of course, like me, but there are no major differences that can be translated into a better gaming. Aside protecting your eyes and perhaps no sense of flickering. It is a placebo because you know those THEORETICAL 60 fps are in theory. Now, a video gaming card that can output a better image costs as much as a consolol. Fact.

Also a fact is PS4 has in  MP games LOWER FRAMERATES -LIKE 30-40 fps, AND SERVER side things are even worse. BF4 for example has 2 type of servers 30 hz AND 45 hz, where those of 45 hz, are servers THAT LAG A LOT. You dont know that because you played only failone. And heard news about BF4.

Consolol are limited by hardware specs and by the servers. The difference is the theoretical maximum rate is not achievable in online MP. 

The new consolol fails named PS5 and whatever Xbox have a theoretical 120FPS. This means probably they would run decent at about 60 FPS, which is not much, it is actually pretty bad for MP gaming. LEVOLUTION, FOG,explosions etc, so many things going.

For next black friday I am willing to buy a table top, I wanna place my ds4 controller like you use for XIM mouse. I have heard amazing and consistent results coming from you, and I imagine sitting with my feet high in a recliner and my sweaty hands on that controller. Waiting for an excel sheet, but I have high hopes about that, my kd will increase with 25% afterwards.

Stay tuned. And in case you missed my point input/output is not the same. If output device is bad the input device could be top dog the result will still be bad. There is a connection in between those, like a love affair and sometimes you need more than a cable.

• TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn’t realize that I needed to sell our sofa until today...
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    edited December 2020

Very nice naming and shaming image. Is that game where I played 5 MINUTES right? Yeah I remember that game.

Now on topic Greeny.

I am amazed how many people you trolled with your nonsense again.

You see XBOX ONE and PS4 have a theoretical maximum refresh rate of 60 FPS. This means they are hardware capped unlike PC's where if you go for a high end rig and with a 240 hz MONITOR like an LG ultragear(the successor of my current monitor) the image will be consistently better i WOULD SAY night and day.

Therefore for those 60 FPS any TV with game mode or monitor that boosts an average 60HZ are perfectly fine. You can have an 144 HZ gaming monitor of course, like me, but there are no major differences that can be translated into a better gaming. Aside protecting your eyes and perhaps no sense of flickering. It is a placebo because you know those THEORETICAL 60 fps are in theory. Now, a video gaming card that can output a better image costs as much as a consolol. Fact.

Also a fact is PS4 has in  MP games LOWER FRAMERATES -LIKE 30-40 fps, AND SERVER side things are even worse. BF4 for example has 2 type of servers 30 hz AND 45 hz, where those of 45 hz, are servers THAT LAG A LOT. You dont know that because you played only failone. And heard news about BF4.

Consolol are limited by hardware specs and by the servers. The difference is the theoretical maximum rate is not achievable in online MP. 

The new consolol fails named PS5 and whatever Xbox have a theoretical 120FPS. This means probably they would run decent at about 60 FPS, which is not much, it is actually pretty bad for MP gaming. LEVOLUTION, FOG,explosions etc, so many things going.

For next black friday I am willing to buy a table top, I wanna place my ds4 controller like you use for XIM mouse. I have heard amazing and consistent results coming from you, and I imagine sitting with my feet high in a recliner and my sweaty hands on that controller. Waiting for an excel sheet, but I have high hopes about that, my kd will increase with 25% afterwards.

Stay tuned. And in case you missed my point input/output is not the same. If output device is bad the input device could be top dog the result will still be bad. There is a connection in between those, like a love affair and sometimes you need more than a cable.

1. You played for 5 minutes? Would you like to see a copy of the game report pulled from BF Tracker? ;-) Let me assure you that I'm happy to supply that too, Trust me, I kept it for exactly this purpose. I think I made my point clearly, but will happily put that up too if you want to suffer further embarrassment see it. 

2. On topic. You are making the assumption that the basis of my argument and results are purely centred around a refresh rate. Nowhere did I make that claim. As I posted elsewhere (if you had been paying attention) I actually suspect that the majority of the performance improvement is down to a combination of factors, for example, proximity to the screen.

The reality is that I have seen (and continue to see) considerable performance benefits. There is nothing 'nonsense' about that. It's a a fact. It's in the data. You are spouting options, My thread is about facts. Clear tangible evidence. 

Let's talk about your facts since you like to dismiss mine. You say that your KD dropped from 4.33 to 4.23 playing infy with a Hellreigal. Can you confirm the account your were playing on as I see no evidence of you EVER achieving that sort for output as an infy player. Perhaps given teh nature of the thread, where I have shared the details of my performance data, we could do the same for your test? 

This claim seems to not stand up to any scrutiny at all. Did you make that up just to troll? Shall we discuss your actual infy KD? Or was the number as factual as your claim that you played in that round for 5 minutes when you finished 24th? 

I get clear measurable benefits from using a monitor. I've proven it. If anyone has a problem with the methodology, then cool - I'll have that debate. But I think its a solid test and noone here has come up with any reasons why the test is not a reasonable one. The benefits that others get might well be different, but I would be very surprised (based on my data AND the anecdotal evidence of others) that others would not get a positive outcome too. 

Now, we all know why you are here. It's to troll. Why don't you pop along now and see if you can find your thrills elsewhere. Leave the intelligent debate to the grown ups. 
  • fisknyllet17
    1766 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Greeny: I have no problem with that at all. 

I want to write a lengthy reply but I don't have the time. The fact of the matter is though that the forums are something different to us than what it is to you and vice versa. The game (from as far as I can tell) is something different to us than what it is to you and vice versa. I know that's vague and I wouldn't mind explaining it some time. This is the best I can do at the moment between meetings, diaper changes and life happening at the moment. You'll have to take my word for it. My reflection is that arguments between us (FF and Aces) are pretty pointless though because of our positions when it comes to what the forums are and what the game is - are far apart. 

I don't know if any of this made sense. My english is failing me.

On topic, I just bought a new tv. The result of your experiment played a part in me choosing a size for that tv, opting for a smaller tv instead of a bigger one.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz

I want to write a lengthy reply but I don't have the time. The fact of the matter is though that the forums are something different to us than what it is to you and vice versa. The game (from as far as I can tell) is something different to us than what it is to you and vice versa. I know that's vague and I wouldn't mind explaining it some time. This is the best I can do at the moment between meetings, diaper changes and life happening at the moment. You'll have to take my word for it. My reflection is that arguments between us (FF and Aces) are pretty pointless though because of our positions when it comes to what the forums are and what the game is - are far apart. 

On topic, I just bought a new tv. The result of your experiment played a part in me choosing a size for that tv, opting for a smaller tv instead of a bigger one.
    Fisk - you have always been a decent, level headed guy and I know there is a lot of respect for you in the community and in the ACES platoon too. I know that you know you are ALWAYS welcome to join us in party or in games.

I agree that the disagreements are pointless and for my part, I only ever respond to the trolling I receive. It's very easy for the situation to stop. It's not on me.  

Thanks for the feedback on the TV - you didn't need to do that. Please let us know how you get on. Did you get one with a gaming mode? 
  • fisknyllet17

Fisk - you have always been a decent, level headed guy and I know there is a lot of respect for you in the community and in the ACES platoon too. I know that you know you are ALWAYS welcome to join us in party or in games.

I agree that the disagreements are pointless and for my part, I only ever respond to the trolling I receive. It's very easy for the situation to stop. It's not on me.  

Thanks for the feedback on the TV - you didn't need to do that. Please let us know how you get on. Did you get one with a gaming mode? 
    Thank you, that was nice to read and if there are no FF'ers online then I do not mind joining on Woody, as he is the only Ace I have on my fl apart from eh...eyebooger or some such. I usually get killed alot by crypticalentity (?) who seems to have my number down cold.

I wish that I could politely write the same about you in the FF community/remnants of community - but you and I both know I would be lying. I do not have a problem with you however.

Well, that's a half truth isn't it? About the disagreements. Of course the trolling is unnecessary and I understand a need to stand up for yourself. But if a predictable response can be elicited through trolling then the appeal of trolling is so much greater. It takes two to tango? Yes? I coach kids to walk away from situations every day, that it takes the bigger person to walk away from provocation.

Here's where I'd like to get into a philosophical discussion but I think it's better to do so in a party, so let's do that in the future.

Sorry, I need to clarify. I was unaware of your experiment but I reached the same conclusion. Without empirical evidence of course. That 65 inches was better than 75 because it would make it harder to take it all in at a glance (current TV is 50'). I did yes, the Sony xh90 or x900h. Not the best tv in the world but not the worst. In Swedish we say "lagom" to describe something as satisfactory adequate to suit ones needs. It get's installed tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes. My eyesight is poor so "a few extra inches wouldn't go amiss". That last part may or may not be a quote from my wife.

• EA_Rtas
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Alright everyone, I've removed the link to the screenshot. Leave out the stat shaming, there's zero need for it.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz

Earlier in this thread, I laid out my methodology and performance benefits from upgrading my hardware from a decent tv to a decent gaming monitor, with a 20% improvement in my K/D. 

At the same time, I’ve also been tracking my detailed performance stats to see what impact if any, adding the PS5 into the mix might have. 

I won't bother going back through the methodology again, but my base line(stable) key stats were:

KD - 3.11

Kills per game 29.7

Deaths per game 9.3

Average daily skill - 541

In the period since upgrading to a new monitor AND using PS5 (over 400 games) these stats have now increased to:

KD - 3.85 - a consistent increase of 24%! 

Kills per game 34.1 - a consistent increase of 15% - nearly 5 kills per game! 

Deaths per game 8.6 - a consistent decrease of 8%

Skill - 557 - an increase of 16 points

Summary:

The new hardware provides substantial performance benefits in their own right. I’m amazed by the performance increase, which I put down to more stable frame rates, better graphical fidelity and better visibility. The input lag variation between my TV and Monitor is not very substantial. 

Needless to say, these results are personal results, but I see now reason why these sorts of benefits would not be gained by anyone else, and anecdotally, the few guys that I play with that also now have PS5s, are also reporting significant gains in performance. 

• Ronin9572
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited December 2020
    Earlier in this thread, I laid out my methodology and performance benefits from upgrading my hardware from a decent tv to a decent gaming monitor, with a 20% improvement in my K/D. 

At the same time, I’ve also been tracking my detailed performance stats to see what impact if any, adding the PS5 into the mix might have. 

I won't bother going back through the methodology again, but my base line(stable) key stats were:

KD - 3.11

Kills per game 29.7

Deaths per game 9.3

In the period since upgrading to a new monitor AND using PS5 (over 400 games) these stats have now increased to:

Summary:

The new hardware provides substantial performance benefits in their own right. I’m amazed by the performance increase, which I put down to more stable frame rates, better graphical fidelity and better visibility. The input lag variation between my TV and Monitor is not very substantial. 

Needless to say, these results are personal results, but I see now reason why these sorts of benefits would not be gained by anyone else, and anecdotally, the few guys that I play with that also now have PS5s, are also reporting significant gains in performance. 

Thanks for doing this. I had really planned on waiting a year or so before upgrading to the PS5. But now I'd like to get it soon as I can. With the load times and performance benefits that's a big bonus! Plus I was finally able to upgrade my internet after battling with Spectrum for 2yrs now.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Ronin9572 said:

KD - 3.11

Kills per game 29.7

Deaths per game 9.3

Summary:

Thanks for doing this. I had really planned on waiting a year or so before upgrading to the PS5. But now I'd like to get it soon as I can. With the load times and performance benefits that's a big bonus! Plus I was finally able to upgrade my internet after battling with Spectrum for 2yrs now.
    Thanks Ronin - its a pleasure to be able to help. 

On a separate point, if you don't have your console or PC connected via cable rather than WiFi, then you re also really hampering yourself. Even a connection via a Powerline provides great benefits over WiFi. 
  • Ronin9572

On a separate point, if you don't have your console or PC connected via cable rather than WiFi, then you re also really hampering yourself. Even a connection via a Powerline provides great benefits over WiFi. 

I switched to a LAN cable years ago. Even that made a difference when it came to playing and getting better. I also have a UHD 4K TV with a game mode. The only reason I bought the tv was it was better for gaming than watching tv. I'm planning on getting a heavier duty shielded LAN cable soon to see if that helps. Now that my internet speed is increased from 30/3 to 100/10 has lowered my ping a few points and seem to be getting better hit markers as well. PS5 will have to wait till after Christmas though, kids 1st!
  • ElliotLH
    9851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Most definitely. I've been too lazy to use my extender or run my loooooong cable to the hub and it's icons aplenty when I play.

Doesn't seem to hamper me too much as I can excel at being average no matter the connection haha
  • CSO7777
    2091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:

I switched to a LAN cable years ago. Even that made a difference when it came to playing and getting better. I also have a UHD 4K TV with a game mode. The only reason I bought the tv was it was better for gaming than watching tv. I'm planning on getting a heavier duty shielded LAN cable soon to see if that helps. Now that my internet speed is increased from 30/3 to 100/10 has lowered my ping a few points and seem to be getting better hit markers as well. PS5 will have to wait till after Christmas though, kids 1st!
    Don't waste money on shielded LAN-cables. This can perhaps make a difference when running 10Gb ethernet, but when using 1Gb ethernet it will make no difference and CAT5e is enough. Normal CAT5e runs 1Gb ethernet perfectly up to at least 100 meters (unless the cable is damaged or you are in very "electrically noisy industrial" environments - which is very extremely unlikely in home use).
  • Ronin9572
    edited December 2020
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Don't waste money on shielded LAN-cables. This can perhaps make a difference when running 10Gb ethernet, but when using 1Gb ethernet it will make no difference and CAT5e is enough. Normal CAT5e runs 1Gb ethernet perfectly up to at least 100 meters (unless the cable is damaged or you are in very "electrically noisy industrial" environments - which is very extremely unlikely in home use).

Thanks for the tip! I currently run a CAT6 and have 100MB download and 10Mb upload speed. So your saying this is enough.
  • CSO7777
    2091 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:

Thanks for the tip! I currently run a CAT6 and have 100MB download and 10Mb upload speed. So your saying this is enough.
    CAT6 is fine and very well 'shielded' from interference. CAT6 is needed when running 10Gbit and is rated for running 10Gbit up to 50 meters.
  • Ronin9572
    CAT6 is fine and very well 'shielded' from interference. CAT6 is needed when running 10Gbit and is rated for running 10Gbit up to 50 meters.

Thanks for the info. I had just found the packaging from the cable just before I logged in now. Now I remembered I got the CAT6 because I knew if eventually upgrade my internet.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But how does one dramatically improve KPM?