So what is everyone playing instead of BFV?

RipGroove99
274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2020
As much as I hate to admit it, BFV is dead, even more so over the last month or so. So are you finding any other FPS games out there that play similarly?

Other than the other Battlefield games, I've played a lot of SQUAD and Insurgency but neither seem to offer the medium/fast pace of Battlefield or the gunplay satisfaction. SQUAD's gunplay and realism is awesome but the firefights are too few and far between and they overcomplicated it when they started splitting squads into fireteams and something about Insurgency just doesn't do it for me, it's great for a quick blast now and then but that's about it.

I fear BF6 is going to just be a combination of all the bad things that have happened in the BF franchise such as TTK, lack of community aspects (servers, platoons, clans etc) and awful new matchmaking balancers so what other options we left with? Not a CoD fan at all BTW, that franchise went South after Black Ops 1.

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Since the topic is discussing what games other than Battlefield people are playing,  I've moved this to off topic.

• RipGroove99
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since the topic is discussing what games other than Battlefield people are playing,  I've moved this to off topic.

Fair enough, the point was to get the opinion of like minded BFV players though.
  • Lootussoturi
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Black Ops Cold War (despite the fact that I don't want Battlefield franchise to chase Call of Duty playerbase so desperately)
    2. Apex Legends (I am newcomer there)
    3. Rogue Company (I have took a break from playing that)

I would like to play Insurgency Sandstorm but it never came to consoles. I would play Siege but I hate toxic players abusing vote kick so I quit playing it entirely. Very hostile environment.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Fair enough, the point was to get the opinion of like minded BFV players though.
    BFV players have access to off topic too ;)

Buuuuut,  Besides BFV that I've been putting time into..

I've also been  putting time in on watch dogs legion,  Moreso now that a modder has released camera tools for the game to improve the functionality of getting awesome screenshots.

I've already completed the main story,  So now it's side missions and general messing around setting up pictures.

• RipGroove99

I've also been  putting time in on watch dogs legion,  Moreso now that a modder has released camera tools for the game to improve the functionality of getting awesome screenshots.

I've already completed the main story,  So now it's side missions and general messing around setting up pictures.

I've never played a Watchdog game actually.
  • RipGroove99
    1. Black Ops Cold War (despite the fact that I don't want Battlefield franchise to chase Call of Duty playerbase so desperately)

I would like to play Insurgency Sandstorm but it never came to consoles. I would play Siege but I hate toxic players abusing vote kick so I quit playing it entirely. Very hostile environment.

That's a shame, I thought Sandstorm was going to go over to console at some point. I've played a fair bit of it on PC but for some reason I don't find myself getting drawn back to it that often.
  • LOLGotYerTags

I've never played a Watchdog game actually.

You're missing out,   Whilst unoptimised for the most part,  They have a decent story mode.

In fact watch dogs 1 and 2 were free a few months ago on the epic store.

I'm on a mix of games though really,  I don't really dedicate all of my time on Battlefield,   I also play flight simulator a fair bit ( wake island looks beautiful on MFS2020 ) 
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Been playing Warhammer Vermintide 2 for the 4 months now. It's probably the first coop game that hooked me in and I just can't stop having fun.
    Way more enjoyable compared to the mess called BFV.
  • IIPrest0nII
    2540 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2020
    I've taken a break from Battlefield V and now I play Destiny 2. This is the only game I play daily till Cyberpunk 2077 at least. I don't know if I'll come back to Battlefield until the next game.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I want to play this just to run around London. I better be able to pull up to all of the Mr Fogg’s locations.
  • SecondAmendmnt
    321 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020
    BF4 on PS5
  • HugoPlayNow
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I went back to BF1 since you guys here showed me how to adjust the server finding data.  Now I can find matches!
  • RipGroove99
    I went back to BF1 since you guys here showed me how to adjust the server finding data.  Now I can find matches!

Hang on, what adjustments?
  • Lootussoturi

That's a shame, I thought Sandstorm was going to go over to console at some point. I've played a fair bit of it on PC but for some reason I don't find myself getting drawn back to it that often.
    I read that Xbox got pre-orders at one point and then developement got delayed/cancelled. I haven't followed news that are they still developing it for new generations. I don't know how big potential tactical shooter console market is for NWI but I guess there's demand for mil-simish shooters. For me trying out something fresh is what I am looking forward to. As long as it has multiplayer.
  • LOLGotYerTags

Possibly how to filter games using the server browser filters?
  • OskooI_007
    1417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2020

Things like this in server browser.

- Click 'Reset Filter'
    - Click 'Free Slots' to 'none'.

Then click 'Full Filter' and select regions like Europe and America to see full servers.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tried playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my Xbox one, which is the old XBox one and it's not pretty so back to BF1 until I find a Xbox series X.
  • RipGroove99
    Tried playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my Xbox one, which is the old XBox one and it's not pretty so back to BF1 until I find a Xbox series X.

I'm holding off getting Cyberpunk because although my 1080ti/7700k will deliver 100fps+ at 3440x1440 Ultrawide on most games with all Ultra settings I've read that I'll only see around 40fps at medium settings on Cyberpunk.

I couldn't play RDR2 on Ultra either, it's annoying because I was hoping to already have built a new PC by now but I'm still waiting on 11th gen Intel CPUs to be released (yes I know AMD is currently 'better' but I live and die by the team blue sword).

On the plus side by the time the CPUs are released I'll probably be looking at the 3080 ti/super or whatever for the GPU (if they don't all sell out instantly 😡).
  • Noodlesocks
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have you ever given Planetside 2 a try? It's the closest to Battlefield that is currently available that I can think of in regards to gameplay. It's sci fi and a MMOFPS so it can feel a bit... too large scale but I can't really think of much else that quite comes close to that niche which Battlefield fills.

Haven't really been playing many FPS myself lately. Mostly been playing Warhammer 40K Gladius and will soon be playing through the Shenmue games like I do every Christmas. This year I'll have Shenmue 3 to play through now that it's on steam =)
  • RipGroove99
    Have you ever given Planetside 2 a try? It's the closest to Battlefield that is currently available that I can think of in regards to gameplay. It's sci fi and a MMOFPS so it can feel a bit... too large scale but I can't really think of much else that quite comes close to that niche which Battlefield fills.
    Haven't really been playing many FPS myself lately. Mostly been playing Warhammer 40K Gladius and will soon be playing through the Shenmue games like I do every Christmas. This year I'll have Shenmue 3 to play through now that it's on steam =)

No I haven't actually, maybe I'll give Planetside a look then.