Is casual, hobby level, yet fun gaming (still) aviable in Battlefield?

2»

Comments

• Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you for the differnet kind of answers, personally I think the time for the casual, weekend gamer playstyle is mostly over in pvp games, and will slowly die out in multiplayer pve ones, since gaming is focused on competitive and tryhard play, measuring who is better, and even you don't give a damn about it, many of the people in your games will, wich creates a chasm in the playerbase. Imagine it like you doing any sport on an amateur level, and you have to play each time against a professional sportsman, this is how I feel in Battlefield, and other pvp games right now.
    I have no idea what you are talking about here.  It is almost like you are describing a different multiplayer experience that isn't Battlefield. 
  • JimiHempdrix42
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    i try to find One primary setup that is effective and within my areas of knowledge, and then find Another, in-case that isn't working, even if solo-queueing.

I main support and though my Mortar Barrages have gotten me shot in the back a bit lately, i still find (for me) the Lewis Suppressive with optic and 2.0x magnification to be my Primary Loadout. AB and HE are different, and in the jungle, AB won't work.

Best idea (the way i started with Multiplayer Gaming) is to find a decent clan that isn't too sweaty and too good for you(?) but that works well with you and has good communication. Everyone needs to have standards, and good chemistry should be one of them. I joined a few clans when i first thought i was learning the game (R6 Rogue Spear at the time) and i actually aces a 2v1(me is1) againnst them in a try-out.

Challenge Cruxial Clan (x3c), TTK, IKAIKA, were just a few.
  • ronybaloney
    339 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love this Bam!
    Put a smile on my face remembering when I first started this game.
    BF1 was my first FPS as well and although I am still not good at the game, at first I was t e r r i b le !!!! I'm talking 1 kill/ 25 deaths per round the first 6 months I played lol. Just keep at it. Pick a gun you like and get good with it. I'm a firm believer that ANY gun ( well, almost any) can be effective and competitive once you get good with it. My advice is stick with support and medic at first. Help your team with heals/revives/ammo/repairs. At least that way you are helping your team even though you are getting slaughtered. You will get better. Keep at it and just have fun!
    p.s. I remember when I first started, I thought I was getting kills when it was actually my teammates getting the kills. Post round scoreboard shows me with no kills.....Whaaaaaaaat?? :o:'(:p
    I'll never forget that first "cha-ching!!" of my first real kill. To this day I just loooooove that lovely sound.
  • Forkbeard84
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love this Bam! Put a smile on my face remembering when I first started this game.BF1 was my first FPS as well and although I am still not good at the game, at first I was t e r r i b le !!!! I'm talking 1 kill/ 25 deaths per round the first 6 months I played lol. Just keep at it. Pick a gun you like and get good with it. I'm a firm believer that ANY gun ( well, almost any) can be effective and competitive once you get good with it. My advice is stick with support and medic at first. Help your team with heals/revives/ammo/repairs. At least that way you are helping your team even though you are getting slaughtered. You will get better. Keep at it and just have fun!.p.s. I remember when I first started, I thought I was getting kills when it was actually my teammates getting the kills. Post round scoreboard shows me with no kills.....Whaaaaaaaat?? :o:'(:p
    I'll never forget that first "cha-ching!!" of my first real kill. To this day I just loooooove that lovely sound.

I think you and I could have been noob twins. Your experience starting out sounds very similar to mine. I remember feeling kind of good when i finally got my kd up to 0.5. Lol
  • ronybaloney
    339 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love this Bam! Put a smile on my face remembering when I first started this game.BF1 was my first FPS as well and although I am still not good at the game, at first I was t e r r i b le !!!! I'm talking 1 kill/ 25 deaths per round the first 6 months I played lol. Just keep at it. Pick a gun you like and get good with it. I'm a firm believer that ANY gun ( well, almost any) can be effective and competitive once you get good with it. My advice is stick with support and medic at first. Help your team with heals/revives/ammo/repairs. At least that way you are helping your team even though you are getting slaughtered. You will get better. Keep at it and just have fun!.p.s. I remember when I first started, I thought I was getting kills when it was actually my teammates getting the kills. Post round scoreboard shows me with no kills.....Whaaaaaaaat?? :o:'(:p

I think you and I could have been noob twins. Your experience starting out sounds very similar to mine. I remember feeling kind of good when i finally got my kd up to 0.5. Lol
    Lol. My k/d is still embarrassing.
    I'll never be able to break free of those many many months at .1 and .2  k/d.
    But Honestly, I don't care too much. Lot's of times I have a martyr playstyle. For instance, I'm a big fan of the stationary AA guns. I love to shoot down planes. As you know, manning these things for any length of time is a pretty much a suicide mission.
    But I know keeping the skies clear is a massive help to my team. I will literally get killed over and over but I will keep respawning, repairing the gun and and filling the skies with flak.
    Who cares if I go 10/20? I know taking out 5 or 6 planes and keeping countless more have to fly off for repairs is much more valuable to the team than my 20 deaths are a detriment. I'll do the same thing as assault sometimes going after tanks. Guess I'm kinda weird that way. Taking out big targets is fun, regardless of k/d.
  • the_yakuza17
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just have fun and enjoy the BF1 experience since there's no game like it right now. Keep in mind, those players with the 3+ k/d and 100+ kill games are only able to achieve those numbers because of the less experienced, less skilled players they play with and dominate. If they were put in a full game with only players with an equal skill level as themselves, I bet most would quit since they wouldn't be able to dominate. 
  • Swam1_Bam1
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just have fun and enjoy the BF1 experience since there's no game like it right now. Keep in mind, those players with the 3+ k/d and 100+ kill games are only able to achieve those numbers because of the less experienced, less skilled players they play with and dominate. If they were put in a full game with only players with an equal skill level as themselves, I bet most would quit since they wouldn't be able to dominate. 

I think exactly the same, if you take out the noobs, there will be much less kills, and the KD ratio would be much more even. For example winning with 60 to 5 would become winning with 21 to 19, something like that.
  • trip1ex
    5301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    casual ebbs and flows depending on the stack.