This Week in Battlefield V

RAM.... 8GB is not enough.

MlDHEAVEN
459 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
In DX11 on my setup i ran the game with medium settings, AA completely off, textures on high, using 1.8GB Vram which is below my cards max capacity.
CPU hovering around the 80% mark rarely moving from it. However after playing 3 matches my performance was steadily declining from that nice 60-120FPS, dropping to 10FPS and stuttering here and there, noticed BF1 is using only 86% of my RAM and my page file is over 20GB!!!!!!!!! BF1 is using 20GB of my page file, which means it is using my HDD as RAM.

Clearly 8GB RAM is not enough.

However i went and tried DX12, it is amplified more with DX12, it uses more system memory, i got 30FPS at the same settings gradually dropping to 1FPS then i got device hung and game crash.

Comments

• Lightmiker
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Man, it's just a memory leak. I have 16 GB and game eats all of it in a 5-6 rounds played in a row.
  • XxXKoganderXxX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It works fine couple rounds. Just restart the game and it will be fine again for couple rounds.
  • BigF33t_13
    6676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's a memory leak. There was a pretty good leak in the alpha. I've maxed out at 7.1gb so far in the beta.
  • MHbluey
    739 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    GTA 5 taught me 0ne thing - 16 gigs or bust
  • Kwietniu1988
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    its enaugh, Q9550 P5Q Deluxe and 8GB of DDR2 here, and i have some settings at ultra, and 30-50 fps so easy :D but with 60% of texture scalling.
  • Robustian
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    The game hasn't been optimised yet, so requirements are usually quite high for the beta. I imagine the actual requirements to be similar to those of Battlefront, as it runs off closely the same engine with similar graphical textures.
  • JaCK5t3R1900
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    i have 8gb and it runs fine, but occasionally every 1 or 2 games i get a couple of seconds worth of stuttering
  • RGBIFY
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    it is as mentioned a memory leak. I recommend getting a ram cleaner and after each round clean the memory and the file cache. that's whats been working for me!
    The program im using is cleanmem (just google pcwintech cleanmem)
    If you dont trust me with that program thats all good. I get it, the internet is a shady place.
    But know it IS a memory leak. Best of luck to you man!
  • TronaldDump45
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BiggyD1313 wrote: »
    It's a memory leak. There was a pretty good leak in the alpha. I've maxed out at 7.1gb so far in the beta.

Almost same here..i have 12 gb and when it max to 7.2 i just restat the game after im good for 5 to 6 rounds
  • RaRaAv1s
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    Although it's OTT, Makes me glad to have 32Gb of RAM and never have to worry about it.
  • blakst0rmy
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have 16gb of ram and I'm only getting 2-3 games without it crashing . Otherwise it plays fine at 80-144 fps. I am playing on full ultra 1080p. I'm not getting slows in my frame rate but just freezes and crashes. Is this the same problem?
    i7 [email protected]
    16gb ram
    2x gtx780
  • -Han-Yolo-x
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    It is enough. More than enough. The beta is not optimized at all, like all beta.

• BigF33t_13
    6676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    8gb is working fine for me. It's topped out at 7.1gb at it's highest.
  • The_Druuge
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I do actually think PC Gamers should prioritize getting 16gb of RAM if they are looking for something to upgrade. Build guides and boards still emphasize 8gb is "all you need" but with Win10 x64 there's a tangible benefit to having the extra headroom. More and more companies are all about dem background process...

In the case of BF1, I haven't noticed a memory leak yet but I haven't been looking. Runs pretty smooth on my 970 + 4790k. I was actually surprised when I switched to DX12 and the performance seems to be better than DX11 on my setup. Without Vsync, it stays at around 80/90 fps on Ultra.
  • karcyon
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RGBIFY wrote: »
    it is as mentioned a memory leak. I recommend getting a ram cleaner and after each round clean the memory and the file cache. that's whats been working for me!
    The program im using is cleanmem (just google pcwintech cleanmem)
    If you dont trust me with that program thats all good. I get it, the internet is a shady place.
    But know it IS a memory leak. Best of luck to you man!

At what interval do you set cleanmem though? Do you leave it at default which is 15 minutes?