So is no one interested in a competition for real? I mean teams of full team warfare organized.

OHappyHippie420
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The title says it all. Is anyone at all interested? Are there enough players? Is it a waste of time?

Personally i would love to see an organized match of 64 players really going at it on the battlefield.

Money and prizes are cool and totally would be a part of the equation but think of the gameplay!!!

Would it not be war? Glorious hard pressed war held together by teamwork and decision. 

Any takers? Let's talk about it.

Comments

• PackersDK
    943 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2020
    To be honest, I think you will have a hard time arranging it through the forum.

You need to find 64 people in roughly the same time zone. On the same platform. Xmas is just around the corner and people are double busy. And it’s a 4 year old game, whos own competitive mode fell flat on its a.. years ago. 

Personally I would not go for any competitive game in 32v32. It is far to random. But to be fair, this stuff has never been my cup of tea anyway, no matter the team size.

Good luck with it, though. 
  • TheGM86
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Competitive Battlefield is one of those persistent jokes. Not like a Funny Joke. The bad kind.
  • Forkbeard84
    1985 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would be great fun but difficult to do unless you’ve got some serious persistence and organization skills.

I’ve seen many, including myself, fail at the seemingly simple task of just seeding a server and getting it started in this game.

So adding a competitive agenda to that will be very difficult to do.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4756 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are already plenty of sweaty servers out there with decent platoons on one team. Just join one of those.....
  • TheNoobPolice
    1667 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most people who generally play Battlefield play it as this kind of mass sandboxy war experience thing. Even though all the multipler in BF are competitive game modes, it's not being played as such.

Then you have FPS players like myself who like the Battlefield rhythm-game shooting mechanics who play smol modes more competitively, but really would generally prefer it if such gunplay just existed in a different franchise, it's just no such franchise exists, so we bastardise Battlefield into it.

Sounds like you are trying to combine the two, and I'm afraid no such market exists.
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are already plenty of sweaty servers out there with decent platoons on one team. Just join one of those.....
    But too often one team is organized and totally crushes the other team which consists mostly of low-level randoms. It is sweaty, but often it is just one team mass-murdering the other...

Getting in a balanced sweaty server is almost impossible.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4756 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    But too often one team is organized and totally crushes the other team which consists mostly of low-level randoms. It is sweaty, but often it is just one team mass-murdering the othe
    Getting in a balanced sweaty server is almost impossible.
    Sure - that happens a lot, but there are platoons out there still that make it work. For example, every night when ACES play, we now see SEXY, THUG and QRF platoons actively coming to the servers we are in for some friendly games. These games are sweaty and reasonably balanced. It works because there are good relationships between the squads and we know each other, so we operate respectfully. 
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Gotta love ´em SEXY-guys :smile:
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I may add... 16v16 is a pretty good number for a "competitive" experience...
    In BF4 we had Conquest small and if you look up 16v16 BF4 on YT you get litterally thosands of vids of various platoons that battle it out... Man I cannot count the fridaynights we had organized these games 6-7 years ago... Those were the golden ages of gaming...!

Unfortunately CQ small and Battlelog got butchered for BF1... ESB (Esport Battlefield) had only minor success in doing a similar CQ small experience... 
  • Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes.  32 vs 32 where the commander is the head coach and play maker that communicates with squad leaders as this person primarily monitors the map.  I would love to be a part of something like this simply for the enjoyment of the experience and consistent great matches that seem to almost never be found in random conquest (or any game type) server.  
  • JimiHempdrix42
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 14
    Im interested in competitive play, with full team Vs. team, with squads... i main support, and am low level (about 14 now) but plan to move forward and have many years in Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series games. my EA Tag is " JimiHempdrix42 "
    Post edited by JimiHempdrix42 on
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    edited January 12
    Im interested in competitive play, with full tam Vs. team, with squads... i main support, and am low level (about 14 now) but plan to move forward and have many years in Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series games. my EA Tage is " JimiHempdrix42 "  ... i only smoke hemp while playing racing games so no need to worry about a dumm stoner trying to be 1337.
    You sound delightful. I do not 'do green', or have a huge bottom, but I do often post dire_rear. 
  • JimiHempdrix42
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im interested in competitive play, with full tam Vs. team, with squads... i main support, and am low level (about 14 now) but plan to move forward and have many years in Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series games. my EA Tage is " JimiHempdrix42 "  ... i only smoke hemp while playing racing games so no need to worry about a dumm stoner trying to be 1337.
    You sound delightful. I do not 'do green', or have a huge bottom, but I do often post dire_rear. 
    is that suppposed to imply 1: i'm african american, or 'black' and/ or have a large backside? you do post dire-rear.

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    edited January 13
    I think you missed the joke.

However I do shrug when I see OG, 420 or KUSH in a name. You can pretty much assume they are 11.

Your name has some wit about it, so you can tell that you are adult.

There was no offence meant.
  • ragnarok013
    3948 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Greeny_Huwjarz and JimiHempdrix42  Guys disengage from one another if you cannot hold a polite discussion. This forum is for discussing Battlefield and related topics so please stay on topic.