Exchange\Trade skin. Why is the same exchange hanging for the 2nd week? And 30 days operations

SteIIio_Kontos
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
Is it really that hard to fix. And everything worked fine until the operations disappeared. Then they were returned, but they forgot to fix the exchange. And about operations (duration 30 days) seriously?

Comments

• Ronin9572
    1428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Think the person that takes care of that is on holiday
  • SteIIio_Kontos
    Ronin9572 said:
    Think the person that takes care of that is on holiday
    Seems like the truth. I'm more than sure that there is business ... for 2 minutes. And these operations are for a month. This is HELL!
  • ronybaloney
    339 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You think that's bad? Conquest weekly rotation has been the same for going on 6 weeks!
    And what's really bad is on US West servers, everyone, I mean EVERYONE just plays quick match, so if I want to play conquest with really low ping, I have to play the same 5 sucky maps over and over and over again. I mean, I would kill for just a vanilla map rotation. Instead, I have to play US East (apparently still some people who use server browser) which raises my ping dramatically. :s
    C'mon DICE yer killin me!
  • Ronin9572
    Seems like the truth. I'm more than sure that there is business ... for 2 minutes. And these operations are for a month. This is HELL!

Originally they lasted 3 wks, that was fine than when alot of ppl played. And we just went a few weeks with no Operations campaign. I'm glad that at least someone turned it on, least it's something to play for Op's battlepacks. Could be worse set of maps like Eastern Storm or Fronts whichever it is. Those servers only last a few days than they are empty.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4771 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. You give away your game on PS5, to get new players to come and build loyalty after the BFV debacle and then 'forget' the basics..........its laughably poor
  • bleachee
    991 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You think that's bad? Conquest weekly rotation has been the same for going on 6 weeks!And what's really bad is on US West servers, everyone, I mean EVERYONE just plays quick match, so if I want to play conquest with really low ping, I have to play the same 5 sucky maps over and over and over again. I mean, I would kill for just a vanilla map rotation. Instead, I have to play US East (apparently still some people who use server browser) which raises my ping dramatically. :s

Oh man that is bad. Since I'm US East I was irritated that all weekly rotation servers in North America are US West. But I didn't think about what you US West folks are stuck with. Cause you're right. US West has been nothing but 1915 for a while.

Let's hope we see some changes soon. If our shadow support is at an end, I hope Dice at least makes all maps open to play.
  • JudasCaesar
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    thank god we have quite a few populated admined servers in NA (PC), 2 west coast and 4 east coast split between all maps and base maps.  i'd go crazy playing the same 4 maps over and over again.
  • ronybaloney
    339 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bleachee said:
    You think that's bad? Conquest weekly rotation has been the same for going on 6 weeks!And what's really bad is on US West servers, everyone, I mean EVERYONE just plays quick match, so if I want to play conquest with really low ping, I have to play the same 5 sucky maps over and over and over again. I mean, I would kill for just a vanilla map rotation. Instead, I have to play US East (apparently still some people who use server browser) which raises my ping dramatically. :s

Oh man that is bad. Since I'm US East I was irritated that all weekly rotation servers in North America are US West. But I didn't think about what you US West folks are stuck with. Cause you're right. US West has been nothing but 1915 for a while.

Let's hope we see some changes soon. If our shadow support is at an end, I hope Dice at least makes all maps open to play.

Yes, that's been very strange that all the weekly rotation traffic has been funneled to US West. I've never seen that scenario before.
    I can only hope it's an anomaly, because it's really been awful. Hopefully by next week they can get rid of lousy 1915 and throw us a beautiful "mixed" map rotation to make up for all the pain and suffering the last several weeks. :)
  • RossP317
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still no change to Exchange or Weekly Rotation :(
  • Ronin9572
    RossP317 wrote: »
    Still no change to Exchange or Weekly Rotation :(

I know in some countries employee's have like a month or more off. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Happy New Year!
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I do believe the BF1 servers are now run by the DICE-interns only...
    So if something gets broken they have to get a superior to look at it... and that can take some time... 
  • OskooI_007
    1417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 7
    He'll be back any day now. I'm guessing early next week, tuesday.
    Post edited by OskooI_007 on
  • SteIIio_Kontos
    How stupid it is! I am sure that for this all it takes 30 minutes to set everything up and everything to work further! After all, the process itself is automated! Is not it so! Only in the case of some kind of server maintenance, a failure may occur, and everything will break again. But again, this can be fixed in 30 minutes. Excellent Dice ratio ((
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4771 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How stupid it is! I am sure that for this all it takes 30 minutes to set everything up and everything to work further! After all, the process itself is automated! Is not it so! Only in the case of some kind of server maintenance, a failure may occur, and everything will break again. But again, this can be fixed in 30 minutes. Excellent Dice ratio ((
    Good to know that you understand the inner workings of the software, middleware and hardware infrastructure at DICE. You are quite the expert. 
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes... how hard can it be? I´m pretty sure there is an build-in drop-down menu somewhere so that a dev simply has to click which items are on rotation. Should not take more than 5 minutes max -
  • Forkbeard84
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If it takes them longer than 30 minutes to change items in the exchange list, they are terrible, bad programmers.

It should be a very simple task.
  • SteIIio_Kontos
    Good to know that you understand the inner workings of the software, middleware and hardware infrastructure at DICE. You are quite the expert. 
    Yes, I do not understand this, but I need it! Here it is already obvious that everything is simple! Or would you also tell me that when the exchange was every week + operations, then PERSONALLY a DICE employee, MANUALLY switched every week?
  • OskooI_007
    1417 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's monday and there's new pistol skins in the exchange.
  • SteIIio_Kontos
    It's monday and there's new pistol skins in the exchange.
    Yeah! Finally!
  • Forkbeard84
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well the exchange got updated this morning but now Ops rotation?  Hopefully they'll get that fixed soon.