Stepping on some toes now. (Talking about players of BFV)

losthunter340
127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Me and my friends I use to play with really are asking ourselfs sometimes about the skill lvl on BFV players...

There is too often you get into a team that have no clue whats going on in the game, dosent matter what rank they are, there comes in many forms so to say.
What do I mean with all of this?
1. Alot of players dont have any game sense what so ever it feels like, sometimes everyone runs around like headless chickens and just going to the closest objective they can instead of thinking in a more tactical/logical way.
2. The team is so slow to react to what the enemy team is doing. Lets talk Paficic storm for an example, D is a popular spot but sometimes your team or the enemy team is focusing too much in holding it making it easy for the other team to capture every other objective and then lose the game due to this simple reason becuse they will not react or see that the enemy team is capping their backline. Having  your backline is acually very important, having those you know the enemy is probably not behind you and even if they are its only 1-2 squad instead of alot of squads due to having a objective to spawn at. Also if you have your backline, try to flank to get your enemies backline, if they are on D defending like crazy, go for their backline and sooner or later then will need to take that back and D will probably we capped by your team. I dont know how many times me and my squad have done this and turned around games and won it due to this simple things.
3. Players dosent play their classes right, this happens alot. 3.1Assaults should try to go for tanks or planes depending on their setup but often you see tanks playing with the other team becuse its only one assault trying to take the tank out or there is none assault trying to do anything at all.. Its really frustating when sometimes your team have 60-70% assaults but their tanks havent died at all but if assaults do their job right the tanks are not a big issue... 3.2 Medics, some medics dont care for resses at all, as a medic you are there to support your team with smokes/revives to keep bodies up on objectives areas or also when pushing, keeping your teammates up instead of just thinking you can do it on your own is one of the key to win the game and save a ticket. 3.3 Support, acually, I havent much to say about support class, many of those I have seen have acually done a preatty good job. 3.4 Recon, I have seen so many snipers just trying to get around to get free kill instead of helping your team out with cover on objectives and sometimes you get too many snipers in one game and you lose becuse everyone are camping and if you see that there might be too many snipers in one game, think of changing your class for that game.
4. Tanks! Some players who take tanks are just camping and getting free kills and are to afraid about their KD instead of helping your team winning by using your tank in the right way to help the infantry while they also help you to survive (hard combo to get right but it works if doing right.)
5. Communication! What!? Does this game have a chat? And a squad voice?! WHAAAAT!? Some players are acually trying to give out info in chat or to your squad about important info but some have just turned off the chat and the squad voice... Why? Its an team game and you wont win it solo. If players read chat they could get alot of important info about what the enemies does, I try to point it out in chat if a objective soon will be under attack or if the enemy are flanking somewhere.. Also I have acually meet some really nice and good teamplay teammates that use voice and that makes your squad 100% better tbf. (shoutout to Tbag Platoon and others with no platoon tag that I use to play with!).
6. Players dont "Q"/mark players when they are down, I dont know how many times I have tried to revive a squadmate and they are not Qing the player who killed them or even when they sit in a corner and the downed squadmate see the person he dont Q the enemy, its more important to look where I am and look if I am coming over or not...
7. Its so often you are tagging a downed teammate that you are coming to them and they just bleeding out anyway, even sometimes when you are like 5-15 meters away from them but you stay to revive someone else befor him and they just bleeds out..

Dont get me wrong, there is some really good players in this game, what do I mean with good players? Skills are certain one of it but also just having the teamplay, calling out where enemies are/Qing where they are doing alot, trying to save their squadmates even if it can cost them their own life, I dont know how many times I just go for a ress where I could get killed easly and saved a squadmate and have got away alive (ofc some obvious revives should not be taken), having game sense in general for games like this and can acually think tactical is making you a very good player overall and even if you are not that great at aiming you will still get better on it over time.

I have surley forgot to mention something or dont explain it good enough but all I really want in this game is to have challencing rounds against the other team, I hate winning by alot and also losing by alot, when you have those even games with just 1-70 tickets apart you know it was a close game and if the losing team would just have done a littlebit better they could have won and if the winning team would have let up on what they did they could have been the losing team. With this thread I just hope that more players will think about what I have said in here becuse meeting more players that have the same mindset like you that some of other platoons I have meet against and in the same team are so much more fun due to the challence it gives and also gives a better gameplay experience for yourself.

I gonna end this thread to hope that all of you will have a good new year however you are planning on spending it. Have a good day!

Comments

• iigloo
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok....
  • iamwiener
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do you feel better now after writing this wall of text? I hope so because otherwise it would have been useless. I am convinced that none of the players you address will ever read this forum...
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with most of your points but it seems from your post that what you want this game to be is more of a mil-sim.
    The large majority of battlefield players want to play in a casual, fun environment with some tactics sprinkled in. BF5 went for more of that hardcore light approach which you're talking about and unfortunately it failed miserably. Not to mention all of the bugs and issues it has technically. Hence players leaving in droves.
    Hopefully BF6 goes back to his roots with what made the franchise successful in the first place.
  • DaMutha1
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with most of that as well. And it's why I spend half my time server hopping until I can find a semi-bearable team.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is there is a percentage of players that are involved in the game but are in no way playing it, it's just going on around them. I'm not talking about lack of ability but just not getting or doing what is you need to do. I'm sure the 3 kills a round recon is having fun though. You've just got to hope they are evenly spread.

Slightly related - my wish for BF6 is a quick chat option "try pointing a flare at an objective" that comes up in massive letters on all camping snipers screens.
  • Walrus_Hal
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with most of your points but it seems from your post that what you want this game to be is more of a mil-sim.
    The large majority of battlefield players want to play in a casual, fun environment with some tactics sprinkled in. BF5 went for more of that hardcore light approach which you're talking about and unfortunately it failed miserably. Not to mention all of the bugs and issues it has technically. Hence players leaving in droves.
    Hopefully BF6 goes back to his roots with what made the franchise successful in the first place.

First statement, second line.    I thought  DICE intended battlefield to be played that way rather than sweats fighting for tournament godhood.   I was watching an extremely good BFV player stream bf4 lockers yesterday.  He was good even against a bunch of AEK wielding bunny hopping sweats.  That kind of battlefield is not appetizing to me at all.  I would have gone negative by about -50.  I expect to be playing casual to rank 200 and beyond.
  • Plucky6922
    551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like I am the best player on a bad team, way too often.
    And I am not that great (I do try to play my class proper) , so that is never a good sign, meaning that we probably lost badly.

• Hawxxeye
    7963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like I am the best player on a bad team, way too often.
    And I am not that great (I do try to play my class proper) , so that is never a good sign, meaning that we probably lost badly.

Me too.
    I dislike being high on the team scores cause I see it as a sign that I am stuck on a particularly bad team. I am just a jack of all trades who is not that good with gunfights cause I prefer being still over ADAD spaming.
  • Skill4Reel
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is there is a percentage of players that are involved in the game but are in no way playing it, it's just going on around them. I'm not talking about lack of ability but just not getting or doing what is you need to do. I'm sure the 3 kills a round recon is having fun though. You've just got to hope they are evenly spread.

Slightly related - my wish for BF6 is a quick chat option "try pointing a flare at an objective" that comes up in massive letters on all camping snipers screens.

Agreed.  I have been saying for years with several Battlefield games that it seems like most of the people on the servers aren't really playing the game modes.  There seems to only be a handful of people on any 32 player team that are invested in controlling objectives and keeping their team ahead on the score board.  Everyone else is busy with their own personal tasks (assignments, achievements, challenges, or whatever) that has nothing to do with the overall team goal.  It is a huge problem with the multiplayer in this series that doesn't get discussed enough.   Since when is it asking too much for people to play the game mode that they joined?  I guess doing so would ruin their "casual" Battlefield experience. 
  • losthunter340
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Not at all I want it to be a mil-sim, I like the acrade style of the game, its still a teamgame how casual you are you choosing a class to play and you should still do what that class are suppose to do imo.
  • losthunter340
    iamwiener said:
    Do you feel better now after writing this wall of text? I hope so because otherwise it would have been useless. I am convinced that none of the players you address will ever read this forum...

You see it as useless, still ppl are discussing it in the thread.
  • iamwiener
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    iamwiener said:

Did someone reply with "thx for pointing that out... I wasn't aware of it"?
  • Magikf1ngers
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with a good majority of the OP's comment.  That's why, for the first time since 2002, I don't have a version of Battlefield on my computer.  Unless 6 has some HUGE changes, including things like non-AWS servers at minimum, the ability to rent/host your own server or host your own server ideally, as well as HC mode, and ditch the idea of the asinine Battle Royale nonsense as well as knee sliding - I won't be coming back.  I truly enjoyed Battlefield until 4, and then Hard Line, BF1, and V have progressively driven me away with, basically, the dumbing down of the game. 

Couple that with the lack of any effort by most players to play as a team towards objectives - it's ruined the game for me.  Y'all can throw all the slings and arrows at me you want about it, but that's how I feel.  I stay in touch with the community because I still have hope that eventually it'll circle back around - but for now, it's just been moving further and further away from what it used to be.  

If the players would actually play as a team, work together - I could tolerate most of the rest of the issues.  
  • losthunter340
    iamwiener said:
    iamwiener said:

Did someone reply with "thx for pointing that out... I wasn't aware of it"?

Nope but if you are not a snowflake you see that ppl agree that this is a problem. Seems I hitted you on some toes there, no offence to you ;)
  • CSO7777
    2025 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Either all players are zerging mindlessly, people are camping for good KD (and getting a low number of kills) or they are running around solo-style trying to make youtube-worthy kill-streaks.

But it has been like this for some time, since BF4 (at least), a team with just a few good squads often wins the games.

And unfortunately it becomes very frustrating when you feel like you are the only one trying to play the game as intended.

I don't know what Dice can do about it, the game design is made for team-play and it often falls apart because there are not enough team-players in a match. They need to either encourage team-play even more or make it less important, the latter sounds bad, but perhaps team-play is not possible anymore...
  • Lootussoturi
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2
    CSO7777 said:
    Either all players are zerging mindlessly, people are camping for good KD (and getting a low number of kills) or they are running around solo-style trying to make youtube-worthy kill-streaks.

But it has been like this for some time, since BF4 (at least), a team with just a few good squads often wins the games.

And unfortunately it becomes very frustrating when you feel like you are the only one trying to play the game as intended.

I don't know what Dice can do about it, the game design is made for team-play and it often falls apart because there are not enough team-players in a match. They need to either encourage team-play even more or make it less important, the latter sounds bad, but perhaps team-play is not possible anymore...
    When communication is broken (and lacking), teamplay is just a dream. Edit: Non-VOIP comms must be improved for the next game and inclusion of mandatory boot camp which educates players while playing the game.
    Post edited by Lootussoturi on
  • Hawxxeye
    7963 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2

Not at all I want it to be a mil-sim, I like the acrade style of the game, its still a teamgame how casual you are you choosing a class to play and you should still do what that class are suppose to do imo.
    I just however wish that it was made more important to have the right position in the map to gain a tactical advantage instead of being super mobile, super accurate while constantly moving to throw off the aim of others.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A majority of games are bad at all games. It's just the way it is. Just accept and move on.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I Don't know what to suggest for dice to make teamplay more enticing,   more points?  Quicker levelling up? 

The thing is team, squad and objective play get massive points and guarantee a good score but still lots don't bother.

I'll never get it tbh. Everyone can play how they want and all that rubbish but why buy a Battlefield game and not do the things the Battlefield games are designed for? I'm guessing many have finished the Sniper Elite campaign and need a new single player experience.