Stepping on some toes now. (Talking about players of BFV)

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2
    A majority of games are bad at all games. It's just the way it is. Just accept and move on.
    While there's some truth to what you posted,  I think DICE needs to do MORE to encourage team play.

It's literally the main reason I've stuck with battlefield for so long,  The feeling of accomplishing a win by helping revive / spot / drop health or ammo / repair friendly armour and destroying enemy armour and Air vehicles.

I was in a game with losthunter earlier and he saw my team message asking friendly planes and assaults to take out enemy planes and armour.

It speaks volumes about the mindset of players when you literally have to beg your team to try to help you fight for the win 

It shouldn't be too much to expect players know how to play a specific class,  what their strengths and weaknesses are.

I Don't know what to suggest for dice to make teamplay more enticing,   more points?  Quicker levelling up?  

Something needs to be done though,  Games where players play purely for themselves just makes it frustrating af for the players who play for the overall team effort.

More points for spotting, healing, reviving, resupplying, smoke-screening and repairing would be good.
    Spotting is in a decent place now and I have seen recons who focus on flare spamming in clustered maps to  rise on the top of the meters.
    Killing needs to give less total points to make it a less prominent stat.
    If more people are made to feel more rewarded by doing supportive tasks there might be fewer people who opt to just snipe from the border of the map in response to a disappointing team
  • MintySSD
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love it when all the squads cap the objectives together then you just seem to run around in a Circle taking back objectives you lost.

Hopefully next BF game you can see what squads are caping what objectives. So you can order your squad accordingly.
  • tempo_rarity
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The ever-shifting list of timely Duties-n-Deeds for ANY Soldier actively involved in winning a successful campaign in BFV is a little bit mind-boggling .
    The numbers of Players able to skillfully 'Jack-of-all-Trades' this Duty merry-go-round list are pretty low , as too are those who 'specialize' exclusively in one duty or another .
    This leaves an unevenness in the 'Duty Awareness /Ability to Act' potentials of any Team (slightly different from 'skill' and maybe a higher form of 'Situational Awareness') .
    It leaves a rather large majority of any Team as mathematically 'pending' as far as their potential contributions towards Winning goes .

It makes joining a random round of BFV (most shooters really) a bit like being grouped into the Landing Craft in 'Saving Private Ryan' .
    Some of these Soldiers in here with you are real Killers who are already peaking over the boats edges to see who they'll go after first .
    Some are whimpering and maybe even crying wondering exactly how and when they'll be dying .
    Some are puking  :D 

The rounds starts (that boats door falls open) and shockingly it's Math and Chance that gets first crack at reducing your numbers .
    The Gunners waiting on the beachhead aren't aiming as much as they're spraying , but their bullets are still cutting down the skilled and the clueless alike regardless .

The only thing YOU know as you safely make your way up to cover is that everyone else who is lucky enough to join you is at least as good at ducking as you are .
    What else they might hopefully be good at is about to be discovered by you . . .

At the very least of these hopes ; engaging into what YOU know YOU have to do ; is your hope that these 'lost' on your Team are at least good at mimicry   ;) 
  • 123loreni
    304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MintySSD said:
    I love it when all the squads cap the objectives together then you just seem to run around in a Circle taking back objectives you lost.

Hopefully next BF game you can see what squads are caping what objectives. So you can order your squad accordingly.
    better ray tracing and gore for BF6!
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MintySSD said:

I think the freedom of BF is one of its problems (sandbox). This is one of the great things about BF, but also often makes the game-play un-organized.

I wish they could keep the feeling of freedom in the game, but still "restrict" the freedom of players just enough to make them play more organized. But how this should be done I don't really know (like limit spawning points, what-ever).
  • spychodelics
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

More points for spotting, healing, reviving, resupplying, smoke-screening and repairing would be good.

This change has to come with a scoreboard without kills and death, since this is the biggest problem of the players only looking on their k/d. 
    I would love to see, that SPM would be the only indicator of "skill". 
  • Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

This change has to come with a scoreboard without kills and death, since this is the biggest problem of the players only looking on their k/d. 
    I would love to see, that SPM would be the only indicator of "skill". 
    I generally do not like the idea of numbers measuring contribution but certainly SPM is a better measure of contribution than k/d.

• maskedocelot
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My experience of outpost was that squads tended to stick together and pick a position and stay there defending it. So experimenting with making less positions on conquest spawnable and seeing how peoples gameplay changes might be worth doing.

I do wish they'd poll/survey people lower down scoreboards or with less time played and find out if there are actually things that stop people getting involved though. My read on the minimap dots for BFV is that people have no confidence in their ability to stay alive and so actively segregate themselves from the game by hiding/staying away from objectives, it's probably the quasi hardcore design and I don't remember seeing people act that way in previous games. But I'm only guessing and maybe they do just enjoy it.
  • bigiain
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My experience of outpost was that squads tended to stick together and pick a position and stay there defending it. So experimenting with making less positions on conquest spawnable and seeing how peoples gameplay changes might be worth doing.

I do wish they'd poll/survey people lower down scoreboards or with less time played and find out if there are actually things that stop people getting involved though. My read on the minimap dots for BFV is that people have no confidence in their ability to stay alive and so actively segregate themselves from the game by hiding/staying away from objectives, it's probably the quasi hardcore design and I don't remember seeing people act that way in previous games. But I'm only guessing and maybe they do just enjoy it.

I'd agree, there have always been people who hang back to snipe, but it feels like in BFV a lot of players went out of their way to avoid encounters altogether. I'd assume that a big part of that is visibility, TTD and no spotting, but I also wonder about the rotating modes. On the smaller modes you can see that a lot of players have almost no idea what they're doing.

The big worry for Battlefiled is that it might just be a lot of players have learned to play this way in COD and battle royale games. 
  • spychodelics
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It could hurt their precious k/d. 
    Let us face it. 
    The common BF player nowadays wants to hop in, make as much as kills as possible, no matter the cost for the other mates or the outcome of the game. 
    The changes DICE made in that concern are imho the wrong ones.

But i see the biggest problem in the playerbase. The playerbase is not willing to learn the mechanics, they seem not to be used to "Hop on the horse again after falling down". 
    The only progress the playerbase seems to be interessted are some stupid "assignments" which i must say are also most of the time contraproductiv. 
    Some days we have an assignment "50 revives", these days i dont need to search for a medic, he searches for me. 
    Some days we have "give ammo for 5000 points", the we get flooded with ammo crates.... 

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This actually happened to me last night,  And my response was "WITH WHAT?  I have no ammo and supports ARE NOT dropping ammo,  what am I supposed to kill them with?  Harsh language?"

Bonus for the Aliens quote.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Bonus for the Aliens quote.
    You know it!

• Hawxxeye

This actually happened to me last night,  And my response was "WITH WHAT?  I have no ammo and supports ARE NOT dropping ammo,  what am I supposed to kill them with?  Harsh language?"
    I have actually  seen a lot of people trying to take down tankers, pilots and great gaming chair users with Harsh language.
    I still wonder what they hope to accomplish that way

• ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I have actually  seen a lot of people trying to take down tankers, pilots and great gaming chair users with Harsh language.I still wonder what they hope to accomplish that way

Catharsis?
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 4
    ElliotLH said:
    I have actually  seen a lot of people trying to take down tankers, pilots and great gaming chair users with Harsh language.I still wonder what they hope to accomplish that way

Catharsis?
    I think they only positively reinforce the other party to keep doing what they do.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they only positively reinforce the other party to keep doing what they do.

They more than likely do unfortunately. If a...erm...premium gaming chair owner is doing something for effect then it'll just spur them on.
  • losthunter340
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mainly play Medic and I always try to go for everyone I see, then when I am down myself I can see 5 medics near me but noone of those goes to revive those who are downed and I get really frustated about it!

LOLGotYerTags said about Medics: "DICE has done their best with trying to make downed teammates more visible to medics,  But it's still not enough in my eyes." The system can always be better but I still think its acually really good and if you are a good medic you acually "see" more then the casual medics who plays and are to scared about reviving due to KD or whatever reason there is! Adding more stuff on the screen for medics as it is atm would probably make the experience more frustrating but then again it seems some more "aid" could be needed for alot of players!

If you look here: https://gyazo.com/00baa97e17dbb8f9711a51b841ab82fe
    You can see preatty easly what class I play the most, I dont have those "top 0.4% and 0.6%" for beeing scared, play the class right and you can always support your team and the key to take over an object for example are "BODIES", having the most bodies alive on one object make you capping it, this is something everyone knows so while you need to trust your team (hard to do 95% of the time but atleast I use to play with friends I can trust doing their best to defend me while reviving ppl) while reviving players on the site to more efficient capping a flag is really important for an medic to do. Ofc you cant save everyone but atleast your job is to try!

Something I can find really annoying while playing medics is that you "Q"ing someone and they bleed out when you are almost next to them and also while reloading a smoke next to them and they cant w8 those 3-5 second it takes to reload a smoke in your gadjet its really frustating due to you could have set yourself in a really bad spot just to acually try to save that player. The biggest problem about this is probably due to so many medics dont going for revives etc and they dont wanna w8 for something that never use to come so I get why they do it but they should be more aware of if someone have "Qed" them so they know help is on its way!

Key to victory are teamplay and when you have a team that achive that you are really happy and then its dosent matter if you losed the round with 1-80 tickets left for the enemy team becuse then you have had a good balanced game.

• HugoPlayNow
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think weekly objectives hurt the game.

"perform 20 revives"  Great..now every one is a medic.

• tempo_rarity
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ HugoPlayNow
    I was ready to fully agree with you but then I realized that it wouldn't be a full agreement , so then I wondered why .

While it seems that engaging in Weekly Objectives does hurt the Game , at the same time they may also be somewhat helping the Game .
    It's sort of like a 'Pay now , Reap Later' deal . . . perhaps akin to bodybuilding's 'No Pain No Gain' .

I mean , I still despise the Player who stood near my AA and Ammo station and decided to achieve the 5000 Shots Fired 'objective' by shooting rocks behind me .
    C'mon dude! I'm listening for plane engines!
    But hey , that Player ought to be really good with what that particular gun does by the end of that objective , right?
    If I needed them for a firefight , I'd rather they brought that gun .

The same should ring true with this 20 Revives objective (which is at least a far better example of a real 'objective' than firing 5000 Shots)
    This one should at least make for some minor improvements in battlefield medicine as more Players decide to try out the Medic class .
    If we get even a few Rambo's or Ace's preferring this new-to-them Live-Or-Die Deity role , we all win . 

so . . half agree  ;)