Stepping on some toes now. (Talking about players of BFV)

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Those "fire 5000 bullets" ones are a pain,  But no need to do it in a live game wasting a slot.

Just hop into combined arms solo and just prone like an mmg hero and keep yourself resupplied with an ammo crate :D
  • Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Those "fire 5000 bullets" ones are a pain,  But no need to do it in a live game wasting a slot.

Just hop into combined arms solo and just prone like an mmg hero and keep yourself resupplied with an ammo crate :D
    Or you can customise the JU88A to have the 12 LMGs and spam them at enemy bases or at nothing,  lots of bullets used pretty fast
  • MammiBoo
    431 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think a big part of it is the whole attrition mechanic,  you don't regen to 100% if you sit in cover like you did in past games.

So fewer are willing to push for the W in BFV as they die far more frequently.

There are rounds I've gone negative ( speaking of k/d here ) for example 5 kills and 12 deaths,  but I've been near the very top of the scoreboard from doing team actions such as 
    • Repairing
    • Taking out armour
    • Building fortifications ( mainly tank traps  & resupply stations,  health and ammo stations ) 
    • Using flieger to take out enemy bombers 
    • Healing 
    • Reviving
    • Dropping ammo near chokepoints

What really grinds my gears are medics no more than 10m away just looking at your body when they could either chance a rambo revive,  or throw smoke down and get you up in relative safety.

I'd rather have the chance to be rambo revived and get out of there than to be left there to bleed out,  even rambo reviving can pay off if its done right.

Then we have those support playing teammates where you stand next to them literally SPAMMING  'request ammo' and they just stand there.. inanimate,  And then on top of that,  Some teammates have the audacity to complain in chat that you're not killing planes or armour or even enemy infantry..  

This actually happened to me last night,  And my response was "WITH WHAT?  I have no ammo and supports ARE NOT dropping ammo,  what am I supposed to kill them with?  Harsh language?"

Scouts not spotting

DICE has done their best with trying to make downed teammates more visible to medics,  But it's still not enough in my eyes.

I've almost given up expecting any semblance of teamplay,  Its a nice surprise when it does happen but it doesn't happen often enough.

BFV is extremely frustrating to play with all the above mentioned,  But that's just BF in general IMHO.

The same frustrations were felt by me in past titles and it was always those above points being the root cause of my frustrations. 

In an ideal world players would jump in,  pick their class and use the class specific abilities to help the team and not themselves.
    The problem lies in balancing system which is atrocious. Bad balancing will make a bad player the worst, and a subpar player looking like an average player, it depends where you are placed.

Yesterday I got balanced three times my team with randoms, no friends( 20 players) against a full platoon with 32 players. That platoon had like 10 players(2 complete squads) and another friendly platoon.

This kind of balancing is absolutely garbage.

So the FOX guys are pilots and tankers above average and the games were like my team was hiding in the bushes getting bombed, no one hopped in a plane, nor taking a FF, or MAA, they just were covered in fear.

No one aside me dogfight those, and even if I killed 7 pilots(all of the top dogs) I have never had anyone supporting me. 
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1346863169215553920?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT

So a glorious pubstomp.

After those guys left, the server from near empty got full, so instead of a decent game, with some skill involved, the enemy team had no decent pilots, so I destroyed 21 vehicles with G6 and had a 40k/d.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1346905920162390400?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT

So both games shown here, are the cause of the worst of BF game imagined, because of no balance system that is actually working.
    BFV feels and is a cheap game. No glory, no sense of achievement. And of course I have no problem with team stacks on rent a server but on official ones, balance the dmn server based upon skill.
    We are in 2021 and the worst players in the server are down by 12 players when game started...

• Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo said:

I think a big part of it is the whole attrition mechanic,  you don't regen to 100% if you sit in cover like you did in past games.

So fewer are willing to push for the W in BFV as they die far more frequently.

There are rounds I've gone negative ( speaking of k/d here ) for example 5 kills and 12 deaths,  but I've been near the very top of the scoreboard from doing team actions such as 
    • Repairing
    • Taking out armour
    • Building fortifications ( mainly tank traps  & resupply stations,  health and ammo stations ) 
    • Using flieger to take out enemy bombers 
    • Healing 
    • Reviving
    • Dropping ammo near chokepoints

What really grinds my gears are medics no more than 10m away just looking at your body when they could either chance a rambo revive,  or throw smoke down and get you up in relative safety.

I'd rather have the chance to be rambo revived and get out of there than to be left there to bleed out,  even rambo reviving can pay off if its done right.

Then we have those support playing teammates where you stand next to them literally SPAMMING  'request ammo' and they just stand there.. inanimate,  And then on top of that,  Some teammates have the audacity to complain in chat that you're not killing planes or armour or even enemy infantry..  

This actually happened to me last night,  And my response was "WITH WHAT?  I have no ammo and supports ARE NOT dropping ammo,  what am I supposed to kill them with?  Harsh language?"

Scouts not spotting

DICE has done their best with trying to make downed teammates more visible to medics,  But it's still not enough in my eyes.

I've almost given up expecting any semblance of teamplay,  Its a nice surprise when it does happen but it doesn't happen often enough.

BFV is extremely frustrating to play with all the above mentioned,  But that's just BF in general IMHO.

The same frustrations were felt by me in past titles and it was always those above points being the root cause of my frustrations. 

In an ideal world players would jump in,  pick their class and use the class specific abilities to help the team and not themselves.
    The problem lies in balancing system which is atrocious. Bad balancing will make a bad player the worst, and a subpar player looking like an average player, it depends where you are placed.

Yesterday I got balanced three times my team with randoms, no friends( 20 players) against a full platoon with 32 players. That platoon had like 10 players(2 complete squads) and another friendly platoon.

This kind of balancing is absolutely garbage.

So the FOX guys are pilots and tankers above average and the games were like my team was hiding in the bushes getting bombed, no one hopped in a plane, nor taking a FF, or MAA, they just were covered in fear.

No one aside me dogfight those, and even if I killed 7 pilots(all of the top dogs) I have never had anyone supporting me. 
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1346863169215553920?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT

So a glorious pubstomp.

After those guys left, the server from near empty got full, so instead of a decent game, with some skill involved, the enemy team had no decent pilots, so I destroyed 21 vehicles with G6 and had a 40k/d.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/psn/1346905920162390400?handle=ElitesT_PeasanT

So both games shown here, are the cause of the worst of BF game imagined, because of no balance system that is actually working.
    BFV feels and is a cheap game. No glory, no sense of achievement. And of course I have no problem with team stacks on rent a server but on official ones, balance the dmn server based upon skill.
    We are in 2021 and the worst players in the server are down by 12 players when game started...

It reminds me of this joke scoreboard from BFF

• tempo_rarity
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Underdogs ,
    It must've been a lot of FUN to take down all of those "top dogs" in the way that you did .

Dear Top Dogs ,
    It must've been a lot of FUN to (finally?) have competent underdogs come after you . 

. . . 

A newborn Hawk learns how to climb trees BEFORE it learns how to fly from them .
    At first , its prey laughs .
    Afterwards , they all cry .
  • Hawxxeye
    Dear Underdogs ,
    It must've been a lot of FUN to take down all of those "top dogs" in the way that you did .

Dear Top Dogs ,
    It must've been a lot of FUN to (finally?) have competent underdogs come after you . 

. . . 

A newborn Hawk learns how to climb trees BEFORE it learns how to fly from them .
    At first , its prey laughs .
    Afterwards , they all cry .
    The top dogs however have the option of holding back a bit if they want to.  They can for example not use the gun they got the most muscle memory with, not only fly rocket fighters, etc.
  • KPNuts74
    760 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Alot of players dont have any game sense what so ever it feels like, sometimes everyone runs around like headless chickens and just going to the closest objective they can instead of thinking in a more tactical/logical way.
    If my team are at least pushing some objectives I feel lucky.
  • GenCuster
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Just hop into combined arms solo and just prone like an mmg hero and keep yourself resupplied with an ammo crate :tired_face:

I put myself in a corner and quietly I was wasting my 5000 bullets.....
    At one point two players from my own team accused me of being a cheater because I was shooting into a wall... without realizing the K/D....or 3 D count for me, and 0 Kill to enemies..
    It’s sad what brings you to complete certain absurd tasks, which you still have to finish within a few hours, without obviously giving a help to your team, not everyone has the day off to play.

• spychodelics
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:

Just hop into combined arms solo and just prone like an mmg hero and keep yourself resupplied with an ammo crate :tired_face:

At one point two players from my own team accused me of being a cheater because I was shooting into a wall... without realizing the K/D....or 3 D count for me, and 0 Kill to enemies..
    It’s sad what brings you to complete certain absurd tasks, which you still have to finish within a few hours, without obviously giving a help to your team, not everyone has the day off to play.

To be honest i really dont care about any of the assignments, i just play the game it is intended to be played. And from my observation i need 3-4 normal rounds to fullfill the assignments without doing a specific task. This comes as a pro when you play combined arms as it is meant to be played. And not to only play medic when an assignment requieres it. 

• Hawxxeye
    GenCuster said:

To be honest i really dont care about any of the assignments, i just play the game it is intended to be played. And from my observation i need 3-4 normal rounds to fullfill the assignments without doing a specific task. This comes as a pro when you play combined arms as it is meant to be played. And not to only play medic when an assignment requieres it. 

By "playing combined arms the way it is meant to be played" do you mean checking what the team needs more of and selecting that class/vehicle?
  • spychodelics
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    MammiBoo said:

Had the same without the Clan on the other side.
    Post edited by spychodelics on
  • spychodelics
    edited January 8
    Hawxxeye said:
    GenCuster said:

By "playing combined arms the way it is meant to be played" do you mean checking what the team needs more of and selecting that class/vehicle?
    Kind of, like our round on Pacific yesterday. Joined, saw a pilot in the enemy team making 15:1, took a plane (which for me is and should be no.1 counter to another plane) tried hunting him. Killed him two times. While my fellow wingmans did the rocket, reload, rocket routine without helping their team or me. If  the 2 sAA and the bunch of Fliegers on his side wouldnt have been present he wouldnt have gotten this stats. 
    "Fighting" him in the air made it crystal clear that he only knows the "rocket, reload, rocket routine". Which i dont blame him for, even when my ingame chat somehow suggested i was salty. I simply wanted to state this for me fellow wingmans that they can atleast try to hunt him. 
    At no point did my wingmans make an attempt to shoot down another plane. This is the thing that makes me the most angry. 

Also the diversity, i know people who only play 1 role and 1 role only and while they choose to play medic with their type2a they dont bother to revive you. Or support who is proned outside the objective next to his supplycrate and dont make an attempt to move into the objective. 
    k/d is always the no.1 priority for those players. Battlefield should be a game where k/d does not matter at all. all that should matter is playing the objective. 

I try to choose something to support them with the right class.  But when you have a squad of 4 people it makes no sense to play 4x sniper. Micro / Marco, i try to support my squad first, most of the time is my squad the best squad, so helping my squad most of the times helps the whole team. We play the objective, we win the game.  
    Post edited by spychodelics on
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 8
    Hawxxeye said:
    GenCuster said:

Kind of, like our round on Pacific yesterday. Joined, saw a pilot in the enemy team making 15:1, took a plane (which for me is and should be no.1 counter to another plane) tried hunting him. Killed him two times. While my fellow wingmans did the rocket, reload, rocket routine without helping their team or me. If  the 2 sAA and the bunch of Fliegers on his side wouldnt have been present he wouldnt have gotten this stats. 
    "Fighting" him in the air made it crystal clear that he only knows the "rocket, reload, rocket routine". Which i dont blame him for, even when my ingame chat somehow suggested i was salty. I simply wanted to state this for me fellow wingmans that they can atleast try to hunt him. 
    At no point did my wingmans make an attempt to shoot down another plane. This is the thing that makes me the most angry. 

Also the diversity, i know people who only play 1 role and 1 role only and while they choose to play medic with their type2a they dont bother to revive you. Or support who is proned outside the objective next to his supplycrate and dont make an attempt to move into the objective. 
    k/d is always the no.1 priority for those players. Battlefield should be a game where k/d does not matter at all. all that should matter is playing the objective. 

I try to choose something to support them with the right class.  But when you have a squad of 4 people it makes no sense to play 4x sniper. Micro / Marco, i try to support my squad first, most of the time is my squad the best squad, so helping my squad most of the times helps the whole team. We play the objective, we win the game.  
    I was also trying to get him from bellow with the AA speced tank and FF. I wish I had realized you were flying and I would had come to assist on the air.
    Back on the subject. An important step back in BFV is that they made the Assault almost good for everything by making it both assault and engineer (minus the repair tool) at the same time with weapons that cover every niche within ~100m + almost all the AT and AP explosives in the game. It is not a good way to teach players that each class has its ups and downs and that they should adapt to the situation.
    It also makes me salty as when I am on a tank and a large portion of the enemy team is ready with AT launchers even if they did not even considered they would be facing any armor in the near future.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • trip1ex
    5292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Hawxxeye said:
    GenCuster said:

sad thing is they originally went that route in BF1.  OR at least they originally didn't count kills as ticket bleed in Conquest.   Never understood the back track on that except obviously they got scared at the initial complaints.  Of course they managed to keep in the worst part of the new Conquest system which was counting tickets up per flag owned instead of majority bleed which led to fewer comebacks.

• KPNuts74
    760 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    sad thing is they originally went that route in BF1.  OR at least they originally didn't count kills as ticket bleed in Conquest.   Never understood the back track on that except obviously they got scared at the initial complaints.  Of course they managed to keep in the worst part of the new Conquest system which was counting tickets up per flag owned instead of majority bleed which led to fewer comebacks.

It’s an FPS. Of course KD and kills are important.
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    KPNuts74 said:

As you say it is an FPS-game and kills are fundamental for the game (and should matter).

BF is "war", the games objective is to kill the enemy and conquer their flags.

Having a low KD is not fun for most people, if you just get killed over and over again it becomes pretty frustrating. Players can still use KD to measure improvement (or the opposite) in their gameplay.

And if someone likes to have a very high KD with a very low KPM then so be it. These players have always been in BF-games.

Of course the game should encourage objective play as much as possible, but that has nothing to do with KD.
  • KPNuts74
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    As you say it is an FPS-game and kills are fundamental for the game (and should matter).

BF is "war", the games objective is to kill the enemy and conquer their flags.

Having a low KD is not fun for most people, if you just get killed over and over again it becomes pretty frustrating. Players can still use KD to measure improvement (or the opposite) in their gameplay.

And if someone likes to have a very high KD with a very low KPM then so be it. These players have always been in BF-games.

Of course the game should encourage objective play as much as possible, but that has nothing to do with KD.

Nonsense. The only way I know how to take (or defend) an objective is kill the enemy. These players who believe running to an objective and hiding in a bush is good play need a wake up call.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    460 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "These players who believe running to an objective and hiding in a bush is good play need a wake up call."
    ---------------
    Why not? 1 Guy can bind 2 or more players to stay at the objective side and keep them busy looking for him... if he can do this for 1 minute its a great move as those 2 or more players dont take the next objective or do anything useful elsewhere...
  • losthunter340
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:

KD dosent matter really, do ppl want a good KD? Yes, but if you are just camping to get a good KD you are just bad. Points mostly shows how good you are in the current game you are in.
    Can you have 0-0 in stats and still dominate the scoreboard? Yes but its hard.
    Can you have negative KD and still dominate the scoreboard? Yes.
    Acually, if you play the game right and also your class right you will be on top of the scoreboard, its that simple.

Just imagine that you can have all this, good KD, good scores and acually playing your class to benefit your team. Then you are more then over the avarage player in BF atm just to the fact that so many are like zombies in the game.
  • KPNuts74
    edited January 9
    KD dosent matter really, do ppl want a good KD? Yes, but if you are just camping to get a good KD you are just bad. Points mostly shows how good you are in the current game you are in.
    Can you have 0-0 in stats and still dominate the scoreboard? Yes but its hard.
    Can you have negative KD and still dominate the scoreboard? Yes.
    Acually, if you play the game right and also your class right you will be on top of the scoreboard, its that simple.

Just imagine that you can have all this, good KD, good scores and acually playing your class to benefit your team. Then you are more then over the avarage player in BF atm just to the fact that so many are like zombies in the game.

I never said at the expense of other positive contributions. My aim in each game of Conquest is to win, get best squad, be MVP and have a KD higher than my overall.