The planes and AA need more balance. Here are my suggestions!

FujiwaraSenpai
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Now the AA and fligerfaust are so overpowered that it is risky for pilots to dogfight against enemy planes. So pilots are just farming infantries and tanks with rockets and don't want to dogfight. So I think it is necessary to do some adjustments to the planes, AA and fliegerfaust.

1. reduce the range and damage of all stationary AAs and AA Tanks.
2. reduce the damage and range of fligerfaust 
3. reduce the damage of plane rockets.
4. slightly increase the damage of plane bombs. (The damage of the bombs was nerfed in 7.0 update so players are not willing to use planes with bombs)
5. do some adjustments to the specialization trees. Mustang P51D's super charger should not replace quick repair and P51k's flares should not replace quick repair. (My suggestions: 

Comments

• spychodelics
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1. DMG of sAA and mAA should be double then it is right now - Range should be cut down to at least half it is right now. It needs to be deadly as hell. 
    2. FF should not be a "one-hit-kill" to fighters. the 91 dmg it was making before the update was good enough. At least 2 players needed shoot down a the fighter. 
    3. The plane rockets damage is good as it is, the accuracy needs to be adjusted. (no more "sniping") 
    4. The plane bombs on which planes? Pacific needs to be higher DMG, Bombs on Bombers on Fjell are good as they are. 
    5. It should be on both sides equally, why does one team have 2 rockets, quick  repair, and high altitude, while the enemy plane needs to choose?

And people not willing to take "Bomber" Fighters is imho not because the bombs do less damage then before. Its the range of the sAA and mAA at the moment which "forces" players to adapt. You can engage and kill a sAA with a fighter and rockets. The current range of the AAs makes it for 99% of the playerbase impossible to do that with bombs. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    There is really nothing else worth using over fighters with rockets on the sky these days.
    The bombs  had their 3p bombing distance nerfed to address the ez high altitude carpet bombing. They now need to take large risks if they want to get the intended result.
    The bombs had their blast nerfed to the point that they might be either rocks or huge sacks of flour (in the case of the 4000lb) on a parachute.
    The bombers are rightly so larger and slower targets that can be more easily aimed at and hit.
    The fighter variants that do not have rockets are also more or less now inferior to the fighter variants with the rockets.
    When was it the last time you saw a Spit VA, G-2 and whatever the P51 without rockets is called?
    A fighter with rockets can strike at the ground targets from much safer distances than the bombers/fighters with bombs can. People literally unload rockets and make a u turn back and repeat. When done right  (cause there are still lots of blueberries who still fly too close) this gives little to no chance to get them from the ground. Unless their team slacks off the AA, they remain also mostly in safe zones covered by friendly AA
    I believe that if there is any chance for any balance changes, both the rockets and the AA range need to be adjusted. Maybe also buff the pure fighter planes against fighters while making sure they are as weak as possible vs the ground in return. The other day when the enemy team did not had much AA I did  30-0 with just the G-6 rockets (and some autocannon fire) aimed at infantry and tanks in breakthrough hamada
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "Final-final balance"? Not sure if Dice touches this game ever again.
  • Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8

It will be ironic if the final balance will be like that which is basically a repeat of the final BF3 jet balance minus the countermeasures plus more ground damage.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have said that on may 2020 and nothing changed , add to that the non sence one shot fliger , air game play was destroyed.
  • spychodelics
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    I dont know why you felt the need to open another thread. 
    Maybe a moderator can merge them, we started here:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/205639/the-planes-and-aa-need-more-balance-here-are-my-suggestions#latest

Post edited by spychodelics on
  • EA_Rtas
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    As suggested I have merged the other thread concerning plane balance into this thread.
  • spychodelics
    EA_Rtas said:
    As suggested I have merged the other thread concerning plane balance into this thread.
    Thank you!
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 8
    Thanks for the merge. It helps things clean, I did not knew about that previous thread. It makes sense that this mess is not just concerning me.
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    460 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Balance the german and allied SAA and MAA to be on the same level... the bofors AA gun can do between 3 and 5 damage to a german puma while the german AA gun can only do 1 damage at any angle? Whats the reason behind this? Smoke rounds gives you higher penetration suddenly you can do at least 1 damage with those 20mm guns that just bounced off without doing any damage... the same smoke rounds can be shoot on the ground with "normal" range but when you want to use them against planes flying in the sky the range is reduced to like 50m... what are those incendiary rounds for? Not to fight planes, because incendiary rounds lack proximity fuses so that you can only hit planes with them at extremely low ranges... so the only use for the is to burn infys... so even the top tier skill tree perks are useless against planes... the german 43flak and the 20mm vierling feel to be on nearly the same power level in BF5 vanilla the vierling was deadly at close ranges and worse on longer ranges because it became inaccurate when beeing fired for a longer period of time... that was removed, now the vierling has no ups only the down of beeing extremely easy to spot...
    And redo the last range buff because it doesnt help to shoot down planes only scares away a big bunch of blueberrys now missing in my K/D...
  • Hawxxeye
    Yes Doktor, their insistence to create asymmetry in vehicles has only hurt balance
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    460 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, with proper RPM (should be 4 shots per second for the german MAA as the Bofors MAA shoots 2 per second, but ive counted so far 3.5 shots per second) and a proper adjusted cool down and "overheating" behavour for both of them would fix that problem... but so far ive measured a lack of 40dmg if you compare the german flak43 MAA with the allied bofors MAA... but to be honest never let your AA overheat and spare the last shot as it seems to take longer to be ready to shoot again... compared to a non overheated AA
  • xKusagamix
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Asymmetrical vehicles loadout did a great job at breaking balance for vehicle gameplay, both Tank and Plane are completely ruined, there will always be a team with better vehicle, either it a better Tank or Plane.

It's funny how BF1 vehicle is much more balance than all this mess. DICE clearly doesn't have a clue what they should do with BFV.
  • Hawxxeye
    Asymmetrical vehicles loadout did a great job at breaking balance for vehicle gameplay, both Tank and Plane are completely ruined, there will always be a team with better vehicle, either it a better Tank or Plane.

It's funny how BF1 vehicle is much more balance than all this mess. DICE clearly doesn't have a clue what they should do with BFV.
    There are plenty of rumors that unlike BF1, BFV as a WW2 game was forced on the team from high up to follow the bandwaggon from CoD with its recent ww2 game
  • SirBobdk
    5337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Why I’m not comming back after 5 months of absence. I look at the Forum once in a while to see if changes are being made, but Its still the same mess.
  • Hawxxeye
    SirBobdk said:

Why I’m not comming back after 5 months of absence. I look at the Forum once in a while to see if changes are being made, but Its still the same mess.
    The only thing that keeps me playing is cause I hang out with the rest of the clan this way, which especially right not is a good social outlet.
  • SirBobdk
    5337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    The only thing that keeps me playing is cause I hang out with the rest of the clan this way, which especially right not is a good social outlet.

A good clan/friends can make up for any bad game. None of my clan mates are playing. Even friends from older clans are gone. I think I would be playing if they were still around.
  • spychodelics
    SirBobdk said:

Yeah, still the same mess.
  • Hawxxeye
    SirBobdk said:

Yeah, still the same mess.
    It makes me want to do the meme that goes like "how do I reach these kids!!!" but with kids replaced by devs
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know if will be too much work, but I think AA should have shell drop or more drop than what exists if it even exists at all. 

same with aircrafts main guns.

I think players are experienced enough now to lead a bit with both anti air and strafing runs. 

by making AA shells drop would make it so AA operators would need to put more effort into aiming, and this will also act as a dual neft since it will automatically reduce the effective range and shell travel time. aircraft guns could also be a little stronger but also have bullet drop to allow for shorter and deadlier air to air encounters that aren't about tracking on flying bullet sponges, but properly leading bullet drop of short powerful bursts.

all of this would allow for planes to be more capable at evading, but still allow for AA to maintain a powerful presence.

rockets should absolutely be nerfed across the board, especially the x2 heavy rockets, and again-you make it so those rockets drop due to gravity after a certain range. the x2 heavy rockets should be ressuplied slower and possibly have lower velocity. 

it's almost as if all the issues with AA and rockets and why bombs are so unviable is due to how easy it is to connect rockets and AA shells from significant range without any drawbacks.