Unplayable lag in Battlefield 4.

blaackwatch
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited January 3
Hi folks, I am hoping you can help answer this. I recently decided to pick up BF4 again. However at the moment I am suffering major lag, stuttering and rubberbanding. It only happens in BF4 all my other games are spot on. I have allowed it through my Windows Firewall etc and tried all the "normal" things I can think of.
My Rig is more than able to run the game as it is a big step up from my 2015 rig.
Ryzen 5600X
32GB DDR 3200
RTX 2070 Super
2TB M.2
500SSD
2TB HDD
Fully water cooled under custom loop.
Fresh install of Windows 10.

Before some one says internet speeds I am getting 137mbps down and 55mbps.

Could someone please help as this is doing my nut in.

Comments

• KorpusDraige
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Only thing I can think of is asking if you're using wifi to play? I know when I tried playing on wifi Battlefield 3 and 4 had awful lag (freezing in place), where other games felt much better in comparison. 300 down 20 up internet for me.
  • OskooI_007
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    Does BF4 show connection error icons on right side of screen when lag happens?
  • elderwarriors
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You said a fresh install of Windows. I have found that any changes you have made in the registry,  regrading the operating system or modem/router settings, will default BACK to standard with a new install or for that matter a scheduled update.

Programs that ran in the background as default will also restart. If you have made modifications of this sort before your reinstall then you will need to go back and re do them or check that they still apply.

Who else is on the internet line the same time that you are on ?

My advice is to do your speed tests from a more distant server. As an example, I am on TELSTRA FTTP, getting around 55 down and 18 up, I am in Sydney, NSW, but I do the test using the Brisbane, Queensland, server. Every time you do a test, no matter what time of day or night, it should be the same.