Possibility to remove the emblem

TheBlackDeath23
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I noticed that in the game it is not possible to remove the emblem after selecting it. In the menu it is possible to remove player content, but however if I disable the emblems from the menu, other players will continue to watch it. It would be nice if the ability to remove emblems were implemented in the game. This has been in demand for a long time and by a lot of people, I hope this will be added in a future update.

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    I too I am stuck with my clans current emblem now.
    I cannot get rid of it without getting rid of my clan tag too or if the entire clan gets rid of it.

Honestly DICE, if we cannot have custom emblems we might as well not have any emblems

• Lootussoturi
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Custom emblem editor needs to come back for next game. It was part of personalisation which I believe many wasn't against and some misses it.
  • lnfaCt
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can remove the emblem with the app on your phone. Sounds weird but it worked.
  • Hawxxeye
    7959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    lnfaCt said:
    You can remove the emblem with the app on your phone. Sounds weird but it worked.
    It does not work if you are trapped to representing your platoon because the platoon tag and the platoon emblem come together as a package
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • The_BERG_366
    2816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It does not work if you are trapped to representing your platoon because the platoon tag and the platoon emblem come together as a package

Can't you just open a new platoon by yourself with the tag you want and with an empty box as an emblem?
  • OskooI_007
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You could do this as a work-around.

Create a new platoon with the same tags, but a different emblem. Nobody would know the difference.
  • Hawxxeye

Can't you just open a new platoon by yourself with the tag you want and with an empty box as an emblem?
    Would that not make me not be in the platoon list?
  • The_BERG_366
    2816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    Depends on what you mean by "platoon list". You can be in multiple platoons at a time, at least 5 if I recall correctly (I would assume there is a cap but no idea where that is). Anyways, you will appear as a member of all platoons but you can of course represent only one at a time (determining your tag and emblem).

I also have a platoon just for myself with the emblem I created with the battlelog editor back during bf4 times. I think the emblem isn't actually displayed anywhere on my solider or weapon in bfv though. I actually made the platoon for bf1...
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 6
    Depends on what you mean by "platoon list". You can be in multiple platoons at a time, at least 5 if I recall correctly (I would assume there is a cap but no idea where that is). Anyways, you will appear as a member of all platoons but you can of course represent only one at a time (determining your tag and emblem).

I also have a platoon just for myself with the emblem I created with the battlelog editor back during bf4 times. I think the emblem isn't actually displayed anywhere on my solider or weapon in bfv though. I actually made the platoon for bf1...
    I am grateful beyond words. This is a minor thing that had gotten me into a conflict with my platoon in the past. Now I can both represent the platoon with the same tag without that stupid non custom emblem stuck on my guns and vehicles.
    EDIT: never mind I talked with the leader and that is still no good cause we always need to represent. Thanks anyway.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm not sure if this would work,  But if the emblem you are using was created in Battlelog for BF3/BF4,  I could probably delete it,  but I don't know if the same system is used across all recent titles.
  • DaMutha1
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What am I missing here?  One of the big disappointments of BF5 was no custom emblems.   How are you seeing your platoon's emblem on vehicles and weapons?  Or are you talking about BF1 or BF4?
  • Hawxxeye
    edited January 7
    DaMutha1 said:
    What am I missing here?  One of the big disappointments of BF5 was no custom emblems.   How are you seeing your platoon's emblem on vehicles and weapons?  Or are you talking about BF1 or BF4?
    The platoons can choose one of the emblems available in BFV as their platoon emblem and it gets forced down to everyone representing the platoon on their guns and vehicles
  • DaMutha1
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    DaMutha1 said:
    The platoons can choose one of the emblems available in BFV as their platoon emblem and it gets forced down to everyone representing the platoon on their guns and vehicles
    Ah, thanks.   Not sure why a platoon would choose one of those generic ones, but whatevs.   I very much miss seeing my platoon's emblem on my tanks.
  • ragnarok013
    3948 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm not sure if this would work,  But if the emblem you are using was created in Battlelog for BF3/BF4,  I could probably delete it,  but I don't know if the same system is used across all recent titles.

LOLGotYerTags  the issue is that it would remove the emblem for the entire platoon whereas I read this as people just want the emblem changed for them.
  • The_BERG_366
    I am grateful beyond words. This is a minor thing that had gotten me into a conflict with my platoon in the past. Now I can both represent the platoon with the same tag without that stupid non custom emblem stuck on my guns and vehicles..EDIT: never mind I talked with the leader and that is still no good cause we always need to represent. Thanks anyway.

Ah OK :neutral: that's unfortunate

I find this kind of control that people want to enforce on others in a video game a bit disturbing tbh. A platoon should be about the friendship of the players and not about whether or not you clicked something in a menu. Especially considering that you would even put the right tag, effectively making almost no difference in hame whatsoever. but oh well..
    Just my two (possibly unwanted) cents. :joy:
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

LOLGotYerTags  the issue is that it would remove the emblem for the entire platoon whereas I read this as people just want the emblem changed for them.
    Jup and that's where it gets messy.

If it could be a straight up deletion of the emblem I'd be more willing to have a guinea pig.

Having thought about it though,  the only way I know is to either leave the platoon,  or change via the companion app so the whole deleting thing probably wouldn't work.
  • TheBlackDeath23
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lnfaCt said:
    Yes, but the companion app only applies to BF1. How can I remove an emblem from BF5?
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find this kind of control that people want to enforce on others in a video game a bit disturbing tbh. A platoon should be about the friendship of the players and not about whether or not you clicked something in a menu.

It's about representing your community/platoon - not about forcing control over people.

I guess we are just old fashioned in that we are still trying to hold on to the remnants of a close-knit community even though Dice and EA are trying their hardest to turn this franchise into an anonymous quick matchmaking AWS live service cash cow.

I don't understand why we no longer can't just remove the emblem altogether.