Anyone else having a weird problem with sound recently?

RipGroove99
274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 6
PC btw

Part way through a match my sound keeps randomly changing, it suddenly just switches to something that sounds a bit like War Tapes (it's not actual War Tapes but sounds similar). Then after a random amount of time it just switches back to normal??!!

I don't know if this is a BF problem or a problem with my setup but none of my setup settings have changed are are very unlikely to change mid game while I'm not even in Windows.

I use a Sound blaster sound card and decent stereo headphones and my sound card software is always set to the Neutral sound profile. And all my windows sound settings look fine (Audio enhancements off). It's like something is changing the sound profile temporarily, it sounds a bit like when your ears pop or need to pop, it's just a weird change.
Post edited by RipGroove99 on

Comments

• Plucky6922
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am on PS4 Pro, but yeah, something happened with my sound after the community game update.
    I play with War-Tapes Surround, have been since launch, never had much issues with footsteps or anything.
    Now, friendly players are sometimes super loud, while enemies are quiet, almost silent.
    I can hear a player 50 meters away, kicking rocks, but can't hear the enemy tank moving/firing 10 meters away.
    Some rounds are fine, while others rounds, I can't tell where anything is at.
    Really sucks, since I rely on hearing, since my vision is not the best.
  • RipGroove99
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's weird.
  • Hawxxeye
    7959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have another issue since the launch of the game where randomly the sounds bug and it plays only a tiny fraction of the start of each sound effects then cuts out
  • SICIOUS
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yes PS4 slim same problem with sound. cutting in and out