I hope that lesson was taken and you will include class limit in BF6

Exequtore
1433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 6
Pretty much standard in 2020 in any non arcade shooter. It was a standard in Battlefield too untill you have killed a private servers. Since you are increasing a player count, I will not purcharse your game to play with a hundred of snipers on the server. Team deathmatch can be without limits, so those who "I hAvE pAid For a GaMe aNd I WiLL pLaY hOw I waNt To" can be separated from a player base which plays the objective in the objective based modes. If you have any doubts about it look at "Squad" - low budget indie game where your core player base has migrated.
Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    That's your prerogative.

However,  with that said,  Sniping is a part of battlefield just as tanks are also a part of battlefield.

You can't limit or remove one to please a few disgruntled players.

Most of the time,  in my own personal experience,  you only really get a lot of snipers on your team if your team is not doing team actions such as healing or reviving.

Often you will see many switch to sniping when all flags have been lost and you are locked in a spawntrap.

I used to main scout back when bfv launched so I'm quite adept at sniping,   obviously not as good as some players but I can hold my own fairly well playing as a scout.

These days I pick the class that I feel performs well on a per-map basis.
  • 123loreni
    304 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about better gore, ray tracing and better physics?
  • Exequtore
    1433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's your prerogative.

However,  with that said,  Sniping is a part of battlefield just as tanks are also a part of battlefield.

You can't limit or remove one to please a few disgruntled players.

Most of the time,  in my own personal experience,  you only really get a lot of snipers on your team if your team is not doing team actions such as healing or reviving.

Often you will see many switch to sniping when all flags have been lost and you are locked in a spawntrap.

I used to main scout back when bfv launched so I'm quite adept at sniping,   obviously not as good as some players but I can hold my own fairly well playing as a scout.

These days I pick the class that I feel performs well on a per-map basis.

Few digruntled players what a bold statement lmao

Squad has a class limit and 95% positive reviews on Steam.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Exequtore said:

Few digruntled players what a bold statement lmao

Squad has a class limit and 95% positive reviews on Steam.

Um.. Good for squad then?

Squad doesn't have 64 concurrent players
    Squad doesn't feature large scale maps with tanks,  helicopters ( such as bf2/bf3/bf4/bfh ) and other battlefield centric game mechanics.

WW3 tried to be Battlefield,  And it is largely dead,  why?  

Because if you want the battlefield experience,  you would generally go and play battlefield.

Squad is a completely different ip with different game mechanics.

With all due respect,  If you like squad so much,  why are you trying to turn battlefield ( which is a casual multiplayer ) into squad ( which is aimed more for mil-sim players ) ??

Surely if squad ticks more boxes for you than battlefield,  Then you should be playing squad,  right?

• Exequtore
    Actually Squad has 100 player servers and it features large scale maps with vehicles. Core of its gameplay has been based on BF2 and then further improved. Big chonk of the Battlefield population has moved there. No offense, but have you been living under a rock last year? Even Jackfrags and other content creators are spending their time there waiting for BF6. It only lacks awesome Frostbite engine and destruction model, but everything else is so much Battlefield, real BF. I don't want to turn BF into Squad, I want Battlefield to be a Battlefield, without holding to some artifical bad balancing decisions to not defile the holiness of Battlefield temple while doing some really bad changes that nobody was asking for (BF1/BF5).
  • LOLGotYerTags
    edited January 6
    I prefer "battlefield" battlefield,  not a third party mashup attempt at trying to replicate battlefield.

Again,  if you like squad,  all the more power to you.

I'm still playing a mix of bf3,  bf4,  bf1 and bfv,   those are keeping me busy until the next title comes steamrolling in like the armoured train from bf1.

Hopefully this time round nothing will derail it.

That said,  I'm looking forward to "ready or not" 

Think of the old original S.W.A.T games but reimagined in unreal engine 4.
  • Noodlesocks
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I prefer "battlefield" battlefield,  not a third party mashup attempt at trying to replicate battlefield.

Again,  if you like squad,  all the more power to you.

I'm still playing a mix of bf3,  bf4,  bf1 and bfv,   those are keeping me busy until the next title comes steamrolling in like the armoured train from bf1.

Hopefully this time round nothing will derail it.

That said,  I'm looking forward to "ready or not" 

Think of the old original S.W.A.T games but reimagined in unreal engine 4.

Squad was developed by the developers of the popular Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2 with the intent of creating a commercial product in a similar vain. It was never trying to replicate Battlefield.

---

As for the topic at hand, I don't agree with class limits and believe the game should remain the casual middle ground of First Person Shooters. That being said I have felt for many years that the class system could do with a bit of an overhaul. I genuinely hope they remove sniper weapons from the class pool and leave them as limited pick up weapons similar to the powerful sniper weapons from Battlefield 4.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    See,  I've never played project reality on bf2 so I can't comment on whether I would have liked the mod or not.

That said,  I'm looking forward to the next bf and with promises of it being "larger" than any previous game,  im wondering if it'll be 64v64,  128v128,  or even higher 
  • sonnov7
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That dude is a rogue!! If you have a decent platoon you can get around snipers easy smoke works well y out r medics get you right back into the action. Besides I love taking out those snipers in 200+m shots with my G43 rifle with high velocity bullets ( it’s like melee killing someone and saying got your tags lol)