Is my PS4 pro GPU broken or should BF4 look like that

TommiHC
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 8
I just installed BF4 on my new PS4 pro and I am having terrible graphical issues with it. Everything is like flashing and shimmering if that is the correct term. Also weard diamondlike artifacts are showing. First I thought if it is my LG C9 OLED TV but then I tried it with my gaming PC monitor and it was all the same torment. I tried also 4 different HDMI-cables with no affect at all. So, is it my new PS4 pro GPU broken or should this be like that? I try to put some videos on below.

HC
Post edited by TommiHC on

Comments

• TommiHC
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here are some videos of the issue

• OskooI_007
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • TommiHC
    Supersampling is off. I've tried it on about all settings and its always the same. And my TV is not even supporting supersampling and its even more terrible on it.

So it shouldnt look like this on PS4? Is my GPU faulty?

• IIPrest0nII
    2537 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 8
    If it was a GPU issue then you would have similar effect across many games, not only Battlefield 4.  I think this is just how the game works on PlayStation 4 and probably on Xbox too.

Edit: As far as I remember I've seen many threads about this since the game was released and they all were about console version of the game.
  • OskooI_007
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The shimmering is probably due to the anti-aliasing method being used. It's just the way the game looks.
  • KorpusDraige
    2391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game came out in 2013 and never got any graphical/performance updates to look better on Xbox One X or PS4 Pro (a shame really). Looking at the videos, I don't see anything to indicate something happening to your PS4 Pro as it looks the same for me.
  • ThreeDog3212
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your PS4 Pro is fine fam don't worry.
    It's normal and only related to the console version. It looks worse on Xbox consoles. My guess is because of the low resolution of the game on consoles. As far as I believe from my own exprience on both consoles the game runs around 900p on PS4 or PS5 and 720p on Xbox One or XS and limited to 60fps.