Difficult to promote community servers?

Hawxxeye
7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited January 9
When I look at the community server list, I find almost only hardcore style configurations.
I intended to try sometime later  to start a community server with the 3 CQ maps air maps where it is US vs GER. (just higher score limits and faster respawns with all else on default)
Is there any place in the internet where people promote their community servers to reach out to other players who might be interested in certain rotations?

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't think it'll help you much man, as it seems pretty dead, but there is a Reddit sub at r/BFVCommunityGames.
  • tempo_rarity
    1443 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any curious passerby on CS Street who've happened to wander into someones newly-opened shop there will likely tell others about it if their experience was pleasant .

Foot traffic on this newly-opened-for-business Street is currently light unfortunately , and there's a lot of 'Back In 10 Mins' signs in the windows of most of those shops .
    I would avoid that . If the shop is always closed pretty soon I don't even look in the window .

Like making yard sales look busy , a suggestion might be to populate new shops with a small cadre of like-minded souls as the owner and just go at it in the way they intend .
    Those peering in the window at the kerfuffle will likely like what they see , and pretty soon the owner may be busting down the wall of a neighbor for a needed expansion  ;)   
  • Hawxxeye
    7958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Don't think it'll help you much man, as it seems pretty dead, but there is a Reddit sub at r/BFVCommunityGames.

Wow the last post made was 1 month ago. This subreddit is more dead than Julius Caesar
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Wow the last post made was 1 month ago. This subreddit is more dead than Julius Caesar

It really is and it's a shame as the idea was nice.
  • KPNuts74
    760 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The last decent rental server solution for BF was on Hardline
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4756 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was always destined to fail as servers are not persistent.   Pathetic is a great word.   
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are for people who already have the community.

You will struggle to fill a game without knowing you are going to fill it before you start.
  • CrashCA
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And now Community Games page does not load