Strange low GPU usage with 3080

DjjBigDaTa
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 11
hi,

recently i upgraded my gpu to the 3080 and sice then i'm suffering from low gpu ussage( around 60%)

to save you some questions:

1. my cpu is 19- 10900K @ 4.9GHZ
2. everything is on high performance in the card's settings
3. im playing with dx12 with 2k monitor abd maximum setttings
4. future frame rendering is enabled
5. it happens only in this game, all the otther games on my pc are pushing the card to 97% stable
6. temps of both the cpu and gpu are good
7. all drivers are up to date

even when im upscaling the resolution to 130%, i have barely 80% usage in the game

adding photo to illustrate:

https://imgur.com/a/YsWxbJn

Post edited by DjjBigDaTa on

Comments

• BeastofBourbon84
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Since you are already running at 120fps with 60ish gpu usage my first guess would be fps limiter either in the game itself or rivatuner/nvidia driver?!

The fact that upscaling increases gpu usage also supports this.
    What happens when you upscale to 200%?
  • DjjBigDaTa
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 11
    Since you are already running at 120fps with 60ish gpu usage my first guess would be fps limiter either in the game itself or rivatuner/nvidia driver?!

The fact that upscaling increases gpu usage also supports this.
    What happens when you upscale to 200%?

there is no fps limit...the strange things is when i look to the sea or the sky in the map and gets 200fps and also the gpu usage increases
    \
    and also in the main menu(which also has 3d graphics to load, the  card is stable on 99%...the usage is low only when the round starts)
  • OskooI_007
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Screenshot shows DX11 mode.