my mouse is being confused by the game as a controller

huds0ncta
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
i can't do anything in game with my mouse but keyboard works fine and the mouse works fine while i alt tab or other game. in game the mouse doesn't appear but left and right click does something. Never used a controller for my pc or any console joystick whatever only mouse and keyboard.

Comments

• elderwarriors
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    First make sure you are NOT using a wireless mouse. If you mouse works in everything else then, obviously, it is something in the game. Get into the setup menu and check in game controller settings. Probably something in there that is not set correctly. For example: "on foot" settings may have "in aircraft" keys set. Turn all the other keys off except the mouse keys for "on foot". Hope that sounds right.
  • CSO7777
    2023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First make sure you are NOT using a wireless mouse. If you mouse works in everything else then, obviously, it is something in the game. Get into the setup menu and check in game controller settings. Probably something in there that is not set correctly. For example: "on foot" settings may have "in aircraft" keys set. Turn all the other keys off except the mouse keys for "on foot". Hope that sounds right.
    Of course a standard wireless mouse is awful for gaming, but a modern wireless gaming mouse works very well these days (actually as good as a wired).

The game doesn't know how the mouse is connected (wired/wireless), this is handled by Windows and should not be an issue in any way.