High CPU usage during map loading

re-2
29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited January 13
Also during gear load out, and end of mission screen. My fans start to run at full speed, the gpu usage drops to 35%, cpu to 80% or higher and the temp to 85c+. I know this is ok for an i7 8700k, it doesn't seem right. I saw a video on how to insert a cfg file to the BF folder. It worked for a while. Also I changed the power setting in the nvidia control panel to max performance. Now it's started up again. Anyone know of any solutions?

gpu:2080 Ti
cpu:i7 8700k 5ghz, delid water cooled.
motherboard Asus z390 E
16 gigs RAM

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    14670 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    From what I can gather,  it is normal for gpu usage to drop during map load as all you are seeing is the map image during loading.

Your temps hitting 85c is concerning,  Is there a possibility that your overclock and delidding has resulted in thermal damage and as a result the temps are now on the verge of exceeding the maximum upper temps? 
  • JD_W0LF
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    re-2 said:
    Also during gear load out, and end of mission screen. My fans start to run at full speed, the gpu usage drops to 35%, cpu to 80% or higher and the temp to 85c+. I know this is ok for an i7 8700k, it doesn't seem right. I saw a video on how to insert a cfg file to the BF folder. It worked for a while. Also I changed the power setting in the nvidia control panel to max performance. Now it's started up again. Anyone know of any solutions?

motherboard Asus z390 E
    16 gigs RAM

Same issue here since last update, and specifically newest nvidia drivers even... loading the game freezes/stutters, and now EVERY time I load a new map for that instance of running BFV, it does the same when I first spawn in. Stuttery mess, freezing as the camera zooms in, high CPU usage and temps until it "calms down" and returns to normal as I start playing the game.

For me this is with a i9-9900k which obviously ran the game just fine, and still does once it's "calm" just like before... but every time I start the game it stutters and freezes up the menus, every map change stutters and freezes up for load in and first spawn. Every. Single. Time.

I "only" have a GTX 1080 but it's always ran the game fine in the past. I get up to 150 fps when it's maxed out to get me there. I started capping to 120 to save headroom just in case the issue might be that but it doesn't matter what I do. The game was just broken somehow.
  • TrueWebby
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I've got a i9-9900k also with a 2080ti. Battlefield 5 either after a windows/nvidia update lags like hell when first started up or when loading a map, the fps goes to nothing  and then gradually gets smoother over 1 to 2 minutes and then I can play fine until next map.
  • TrueWebby
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On a similar note I also play battlefront 2 and I've noticed a similar issue there, seems 2080ti does not like frostbite engine at the moment.
  • UltraMG42CamPeR
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 15
    re-2 said:

motherboard Asus z390 E
    16 gigs RAM

I have similar setup. My 8700k runs at 5ghz, too cooled with Corsair H100i v2, my mobo is z390-f, 16 gigs 3200 dual channel, gpu asus rog strix 2080 and my cpu temps dont go above 80c even if I play 2-3hrs nonstop. Your 85c+ seems a bit high 
  • re-2
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
     I forgot to mention, my  cpu usage and temps are fine during the game. It's only at the end screen and loadout where the problem is. during the game it's around 76% usage and 75c, usual for a BF game. The user.cfg file I saved in the BF folder basically let the game know how many cpu cores and threads there are. It did help, maybe I have to take it out and save it again.
    Here it is if anyone wants to try it:
    In Notepad:

Thread.Processor 6
    Thread.MaxProcessorcount 12
    Thread.MinFreeProcessorcount 0
    Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
    GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessor.count 12

Save this and name it "user.cfg" and save it to your BF V folder.

I found this on youtube. The cpu stopped spiking to 80%. I'll let you know if it works again.

Sure enough it's working. After an update it stopped. The cpu usage spikes to 80% and the temp rises but both quickly return to normal. No if I could make my bullets register all the time....

Post edited by re-2 on