Near imposible Breakthrough maps: Aerodrome and Al Marj encampment

Hawxxeye
7959 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
In almost every time I have been in these maps in breakthrough, they are a landslide victory for attackers in the case of Aerodrome and the defenders in the case of Al Marj.
Aerodrome which has been in the game from the launch, have gives the attackers on the first sector 5 tank slots. These tanks can safely pound the defenders for the entire around while staying mostly out of bounds. The attackers have like only 1 tank slot on the last 2 sectors + the scorestreak vehicles. By the time the round is on the final sector, the attackers can just start pounding the last objective with JB-2 until they take it.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, Al Marj has a nearly impossible to take Alpha objective on the first sector: This objective has the most tactically placed MG nest in the history of the series since I started playing in BF3. That MG next has bot  stationary MG and slot for more people to place their portable MGs. The stationary can cover every single point of entry available to the attackers and shred them to pieces. Plus the attackers get not even a single tank to help them push this sector, just a halftruck that is a bazooka spam magnet. The defenders on A can also use kampfpistoles to constantly spam frag grenades on all the entrances if there are enough ammo boxes down. Almost always the round will end on the first sector unless the defenders really fail at holding Alpha
Was the experience in those maps on that mode the same for others?

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, Aerodrome is unwinnable for defenders. The map is entirely dependent on whether or not the attackers waste their tanks. Could really do with some AT guns on the first and second sector.

Al Marj I've seen a lot of games go past first sector but only had one game where attackers have won. Taking B and keeping the half track alive should certainly be priority for first sector.

I'd say Marita is a lot worse than Al Marj. Most games I've seen get stuck in sector 2 and the map has so few tickets that by the time it does reach the third sector, there's often so few tickets left to fight over it.
  • Plucky6922
    550 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It all depends on the teams.
    Seen some attackers win in about 10 minutes.
    Seen some attackers not get to capture the first sector.
  • soupy48
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It all depends on the teams.
    Seen some attackers win in about 10 minutes.
    Seen some attackers not get to capture the first sector.

This has been my experience also.
    Aerodome is not a lost cause for the defenders. As always, its about teamwork.