Game instability: attack planes!

nBatarian
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hunter planes create too much imbalance!

Comments

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4813 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes - the attack planes have become an unbalanced mess. They are very tricky to take down, even when you works as a squad with LMG's......as they are almost impossible as the skilled pilots now take out the AA's all the time. 

The problem is that the reward for taking them out is almost zero, as they respawn a few seconds later. IMO the respawn timer for ALL vehicles should be longer to reward the team for taking them out. 

What happens now is that even organised squads just ignore them. 
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1952 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Greeny_Huwjarz ... If you ever feel annoyed by the AT-planes in BF1 please do me a favour... 
    1) Go to Youtube
    2) Search for Little Bird + BF4
    3) Enjoy footage of skilled pilots 200+ killstreaks in regular Conquest-matches... 

Even though BF4 had a variety of assisted (lock-on) and unassisted missilesystems to combat AIR-vehicles the whole system is unbalanced AF...

As we are not going to get any more updates in regards to planes in BF1 and you suggest a prolonged respawn-timer I would suggest to do either:
    - Give AT-planes or any planes a 50% decrease in health making them easier to shoot out of the sky
    - Give the infy players a wider arsenal of weapons to combat the planes e.g.:
    - The opportunity for support-players to put up mobile AA-guns (maybe make the 90sec. before selfdestruct)
    - How about a barrageballon? Give the info to put up these.. Pilot will be able to shoot them... But they would need a strafing run to fight the barrageballon before doing their thing on the unsuspecting infy-players.

I do believe this would decrease the 40-/50-killstreaks of skilled pilots to hopefully maybe 10 or less... 

• disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Doesn't take much effort to bring them down and it's fun to do *shrug*
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4813 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't take much effort to bring them down and it's fun to do *shrug*

If it was fun to do then pilots wouldn’t regularly be going 60-2. People don’t take them down because it’s not fun to do.
  • Forkbeard84
    2046 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s interesting how the AA rocket gun is rarely mentioned in these conversations. There are not enough people using the AA rocket gun. It’s got a proximity explosion when fired at a plane. It’s easy to aim and score a hit with. It’s mobile so you can find a safe place usually a little bit behind the lines to go prone and use it and you can move around so pilots cant zero in on your location. if you can get two assaults using them and a support re-supplying, then the attack planes wont be a problem. And of course one AA rocket gun works great if there are other people using LMG’s or AA guns or friendly pilots helping. One problem with the Aa rocket gun is you will sacrifice KD and score per minute and such. You won’t get many points using the AA rocket gun. It’s all about helping your team deal with planes.
  • TheGM86
    944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My favorite is when some blockhead thinks the Burton will help him. shout out to the madbads who start using using the AA rocket gun. you guys make it all worth it.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    It’s interesting how the AA rocket gun is rarely mentioned in these conversations. There are not enough people using the AA rocket gun. It’s got a proximity explosion when fired at a plane. It’s easy to aim and score a hit with. It’s mobile so you can find a safe place usually a little bit behind the lines to go prone and use it and you can move around so pilots cant zero in on your location. if you can get two assaults using them and a support re-supplying, then the attack planes wont be a problem. And of course one AA rocket gun works great if there are other people using LMG’s or AA guns or friendly pilots helping. One problem with the Aa rocket gun is you will sacrifice KD and score per minute and such. You won’t get many points using the AA rocket gun. It’s all about helping your team deal with planes.

Fair comment, but why bother when the pilot you sacrificed your KD and SPM for comes back 30 seconds later.

Better to just ignore them, play flags and accept that you will be strafed over and over by a guy that can’t maintain a 1.0 infy KD.
  • disposalist
    9011 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 25
    Oh is KD or SPM important? Oh ok ;^)

The smug satisfaction of downing 'pro' pilots beats stats e-peen every time for me.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz

The smug satisfaction of downing 'pro' pilots beats stats e-peen every time for me.

No. Winning matters. And you can have more influence taking flags than taking down planes that constantly respawn.......

The planes don’t win games. They can help, sure.....but it’s taking flags that wins games.
  • disposalist

No. Winning matters. And you can have more influence taking flags than taking down planes that constantly respawn.......

The planes don’t win games. They can help, sure.....but it’s taking flags that wins games.
    Of course, but a pro pilot can stop you having any armor at all, so... sometimes it's a valuable service to counter them.  Sometimes no armor = no flags.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz

Of course, but a pro pilot can stop you having any armor at all, so... sometimes it's a valuable service to counter them.  Sometimes no armor = no flags.
    As always, you speak sense, but I genuinely believe those circumstances are relatively rare as MOST pilots farm infy these days.......but sure, I've seen that happen. Sinai is the map where I see that scenario happen the most. 

• Forkbeard84

Fair comment, but why bother when the pilot you sacrificed your KD and SPM for comes back 30 seconds later.

Better to just ignore them, play flags and accept that you will be strafed over and over by a guy that can’t maintain a 1.0 infy KD.
    The plane takes two minutes (not 30 seconds)  to respawn in conquest.  And while I'm waiting for them to respawn, I'm not twiddling my thumbs, I'm capturing flags,  kding and spming.  As soon as I see that plane coming back, I'm whacking them with rockets again.  

Good pilots can make you sorry you ignored them.  And good pilots can make a difference in the ou0tcome of the game.

Yes.  I think so too.  

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    The plane takes two minutes (not 30 seconds)  to respawn in conquest.  And while I'm waiting for them to respawn, I'm not twiddling my thumbs, I'm capturing flags,  kding and spming.  As soon as I see that plane coming back, I'm whacking them with rockets again.  

Good pilots can make you sorry you ignored them.  And good pilots can make a difference in the ou0tcome of the game.

How long did it take you to take the plane down? While I’m sure you were being super effective in the 2 mins (10%) of a conquest game when the plane is down, perhaps if you were AS effective for all that time you were ineffective lying on your belly looking at the sky and dying from sniper fire, you might be capturing flags?
  • Forkbeard84
    edited January 26

How long did it take you to take the plane down? While I’m sure you were being super effective in the 2 mins (10%) of a conquest game when the plane is down, perhaps if you were AS effective for all that time you were ineffective lying on your belly looking at the sky and dying from sniper fire, you might be capturing flags?

I think we’ll just need to agree to disagree. Peace out.

Edit: When and where its a good idea to go after planes is very situational. Sometimes its a good idea, sometimes not. Initially I was just observing Aa rocket guns are good tools against planes. Thats it. But I had to correct you when you subsequently said planes respawn in 30 seconds. Not sure why you said that?

In any case Aa rockets are good tools for countering planes.
    Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    I agree with that. 
  • Ronin9572
    1457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If there's one thing I can't stand is a KD farmer in planes. I'll just stop what I'm doing and just flat out hunt these punks down! Im no stanger to the QF AA gun as this is the top vehicle I have kills on with one account and #2 behind horses on another account. The Attack plane is definitely the hardest to bring down especially with a competent pilot and gunner.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz

I think we’ll just need to agree to disagree. Peace out.

Edit: When and where its a good idea to go after planes is very situational. Sometimes its a good idea, sometimes not. Initially I was just observing Aa rocket guns are good tools against planes. Thats it. But I had to correct you when you subsequently said planes respawn in 30 seconds. Not sure why you said that?

In any case Aa rockets are good tools for countering planes.
    @forkbeard84 - are you sure the timer s 2 mins for a plane? I don't fly so I don't know, but I assumed it was the same for all vehicles, and tanks on A and E flags of Mont Grappa seem to almost insta respawn, so I thought it was the same. In any order, it's too short
  • disposalist
    It seems less because on some maps there are 3 spawns per team.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Thanks Disposalist - just to clarify, is it teh same for all vehicles, including horses? I am aware there is a bug on mixed map servers where the timer doesn't work correctly. 
  • disposalist
    Thanks Disposalist - just to clarify, is it teh same for all vehicles, including horses? I am aware there is a bug on mixed map servers where the timer doesn't work correctly. 
    I'm not entirely sure, but I've never noticed vehicle spawns very quickly. Certainly whenever I've waited for a vehicle after just losing one (not often, I swear!) it feels a long time.

Transport vehicles (armoured cars and motorcycles) are different. You have to 'spawn' them by standing near their spawn point (not *on* it or they won't spawn... very annoying when someone else stands on the spot) but you can spawn them again as soon as they are destroyed.

It definitely isn't that way for planes, tanks and cavalry.