Console Only Crossplay?

lambo3500
5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi Folks,

Wanted ask the Battlefield community what their opinions is on crossplay for BF6? More specifically, if anyone is hoping for a console only crossplay setting. Maybe its being exaggerated, but there are so many claims of the cheating on PC for battlefield, that I personally want crossplay only between XSX and PS5. 

Comments

• Shy_pipo_ape
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see both next-gens + PCs and last-gen consoles + PCs being able to crossplay. Have a friend who would be interest in buying next Battlefield if it has crossplay since he cannot stand playing FPSes on console. We already play Warzone and Apex because of that and wait for new entries entering next phase of online experience. Having multiple settings with little player population would make things too complicated.
  • Forkbeard84
    2042 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It would definitely need to be only console crossplay. If crossplay were added for PC, the pc players can easily have serious hardware and performance advantages over the console.

Console playeres be gettin wrekt in crossplay with pc.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Yeah I wouldn't want to be mixed in with PC players, mostly due to the issues with cheating that PC players experience.
    It would definitely need to be only console crossplay. If crossplay were added for PC, the pc players can easily have serious hardware and performance advantages over the console.

Interestingly I've seen a few posts from PC players lately, like the AHQ Apex boards, saying console users have an unfair advantage due to aim assist.
  • Shy_pipo_ape
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    Yeah I wouldn't want to be mixed in with PC players, mostly due to the issues with cheating that PC players experience.

Interestingly I've seen a few posts from PC players lately, like the AHQ Apex boards, saying console users have an unfair advantage due to aim assist.
    It might be that aim assist helps in close range engagements but on long range PC players have easier time, especially sniping.
  • ElliotLH
    9842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    It might be that aim assist helps in close range engagements but on long range PC players have easier time, especially sniping.

That's my understanding as well to be honest. I have seen some posts from PC players claiming it lets console players lazer them across the map and so on, but I don't think it's really the case.

Couldn't find the post I was thinking of but this is an example of the kind of thing I mean: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Crossplay-on-off-please/m-p/9747575/highlight/true#M121681
  • Forkbeard84
    ElliotLH wrote: »

That's my understanding as well to be honest. I have seen some posts from PC players claiming it lets console players lazer them across the map and so on, but I don't think it's really the case.

Couldn't find the post I was thinking of but this is an example of the kind of thing I mean: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Crossplay-on-off-please/m-p/9747575/highlight/true#M121681

Thats an interesting point about aim assist being an advantage. Even within that link you posted there is debate about how much advantage there is.

I am no hardware expert just a plug and play console player. But my gut says the PCs will have the advantage. Not only due to their mouse and keyboard but because of all the graphics and processor upgrades they can purchase. Because PS5 just came out, it currently maybe has pretty competitive speed and graphic performance to pcs but that will change as pc players upgrade to the latest technology while the ps5 stays frozen in its configuration.
  • OskooI_007
    1436 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    PlayStation has the most options when it comes to crossplay. Unlike Xbox which forces crossplay with PC cheaters.

So I fully intend to buy BF6 on PS5 and disable crossplay with PC for sure. I might be willing to crossplay with Xbox, but in my experience Xbox servers are more laggy than PlayStation servers.
  • ElliotLH
    edited February 6

Thats an interesting point about aim assist being an advantage. Even within that link you posted there is debate about how much advantage there is.

I am no hardware expert just a plug and play console player. But my gut says the PCs will have the advantage. Not only due to their mouse and keyboard but because of all the graphics and processor upgrades they can purchase. Because PS5 just came out, it currently maybe has pretty competitive speed and graphic performance to pcs but that will change as pc players upgrade to the latest technology while the ps5 stays frozen in its configuration.

Definitely not a hardware expert either but I do feel that PC players would have the advantage outside of CQC too. While I enjoy my Xbox immensely I do know that PCs can have much more power, and as you mentioned you can always upgrade a PC whereas you can't with a console.

I guess that when native mouse and and keyboard on console becomes more widely supported in games it'd make aiming more level at least, plus it'd take the aim assist issue out of the equation.
  • Forkbeard84
    edited February 7
    ElliotLH said:

Definitely not a hardware expert either but I do feel that PC players would have the advantage outside of CQC too. While I enjoy my Xbox immensely I do know that PCs can have much more power, and as you mentioned you can always upgrade a PC whereas you can't with a console.

I guess that when native mouse and and keyboard on console becomes more widely supported in games it'd make aiming more level at least, plus it'd take the aim assist issue out of the equation.
    So a kind of console advantage in cqc because of the controller?  It does seem like the controller would be better at spray and pray cqc.  The joysticks I guess?

I'm kind of  hoping native m+k does not come to console at least in fps games.  Its because I enjoy the controller because you dont get desk locked but if everyone is running m+k it will be harder to be competitive with a controller. 
  • DaizerNation
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lambo3500 said:
    Hi Folks,

Wanted ask the Battlefield community what their opinions is on crossplay for BF6? More specifically, if anyone is hoping for a console only crossplay setting. Maybe its being exaggerated, but there are so many claims of the cheating on PC for battlefield, that I personally want crossplay only between XSX and PS5. 
    They are the same company as APEX legends. in APEX Cross Play is between Consoles only.. (PS&XBOX) unless there is someone in your party playing on a PC. then its free for all kind of thing. would love if they kept the same module 
  • sonnov7
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One day their will be a time when ps5 and ps6 players both playing /sharing online servers for certain game modes 64/64 players could be do able but ps5 players can only play in servers with ps6 players if ps6 players and ps5 players are both playing playing a certain game mode of a limited player capacity amount ps5 looks like it will max at 128 ps6 maybe be that we could have 250 player caps (BF2143) imagine 500 or 1000 at a time...I think the next FPS to have largest player caps of 1000+ Could possibly be the next best FPS in terms of the in depth of game play you could have with such a number imagine a 492v492 bf game which has 4 games running at the same time in a larger game hmmm...
  • Noodlesocks
    3748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should release the game with native keyboard and mouse support on consoles and anyone using keyboard and mouse on console will be matched with PC players while everyone using controller (including on PC) will be matched with other console players.
  • lambo3500
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should release the game with native keyboard and mouse support on consoles and anyone using keyboard and mouse on console will be matched with PC players while everyone using controller (including on PC) will be matched with other console players.
    This helps almost entirely from an input advantage, but it doesn't necessarily stop console players having to deal with cheating on PC.
  • PSJackman4
    479 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would love to see cosplay with xbox and playstation. BUT I do NOT want to see cross play with PC. If I have learned anything from Warzone and even Fortnite, PC and console cross play matches DO NOT work. 
  • BASSMEANT_RAW
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Gotta fight everyone to find out whos best

All thse machines and streaming make it real hard to cheat now, especially a game like BF

old skoolers know when someone is dealing dirty. catch you on vid and doxx dat ****. 
  • Forkbeard84
    Gotta fight everyone to find out whos best

All thse machines and streaming make it real hard to cheat now, especially a game like BF

old skoolers know when someone is dealing dirty. catch you on vid and doxx dat ****. 
    If only that were true.  Cheating is rampant on in Battlefield games on pc and EA will do nothing about it. They'll collect a complaint report from you and throw it in the trash.  

You might know someone is cheating but actually being able to do something about it is another matter.
  • BASSMEANT_RAW
    you must not have **** with clan gaming too much

there's worse things in life then a ban. 

being labled a known cheater ina competitive scene is a 1 way ticket with or without the consent of the company.

god help you if FF is on.
  • emerson1975
    613 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why would console players who pay subs want to play against pc players who have the ability to cheat and play for free lol
  • BASSMEANT_RAW
    just depends on what the competitive scene is like. if 2 groups are willing to play straight up and honest and one happens to be best of the best on console and the other is best of the best on pc... that's a match worth watching. 

if folks don't cheat.

can y'all not cheat these days?

• Jessusc
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish they give us console crossplay even with last gen consoles