Maps

PietroFarci
1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 18
I would like to advise you one thing for battlefield 1, I would recommend that you put all the paid maps totally free, because no one is playing them anymore and you cannot play with the paid maps, you can only play with the free ones, and maybe put the maps paid for free would grow the community as it once did, so it looks like I spent money for nothing on expansions that can't be used, I really like battlefield 1 hope you would take my advice because I really want to play those awesome maps, and people seeing that they are all free would come back as nothing, I know it would not be fair for those who like me bought them, but I don't care, I'm interested in just playing with them😰
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• IIPrest0nII
    2580 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The topic moved to Battlefield 1 section.
  • HugoPlayNow
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd second that vote!  I miss some of those maps but didn't stop to think why they are not being rotated in.  

Jeez, the game has been around for so long, why not extend it's life?  It's still the only game I play.  Way more fun than BFV...and any other FPS I have.
  • bent.toe
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Typical EA to split the community.
  • PietroFarci
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Emh, what am I supposed to do now anyway? Do I have to wait for them to reply or if they have accepted my proposal, wait for an update in the game? 🤩😅
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14763 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    bent.toe said:
    It's not "Typical EA" It is a problem of DLC in its own right.

I'll let you in on a little something here,  This is NOT new to gaming,  And definitely NOT an EA thing either...

I purchased AVP back in 2010 ( EA didn't develop that,  FYI..  Rebellion did ) ,  That game had 3 expansion packs,  All were map packs..  Guess what,  If I were to fire that game up now,  Sure..  there would be a few players left,  But only playing the vanilla maps..

Bad company 2,  Again..  Around 2010,  Has a Vietnam expansion,  Can barely play it due to lack of players who have BC2 but do not own the expansion.

Aliens Colonial Marines,  Also had DLC map packs,  Even if there were players ( which there are rarely now ) I still couldn't play them because *drumroll*...  Most players didn't purchase the map packs.

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4808 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'll let you in on a little something here,  This is NOT new to gaming,  And definitely NOT an EA thing either...

I purchased AVP back in 2010 ( EA didn't develop that,  FYI..  Rebellion did ) ,  That game had 3 expansion packs,  All were map packs..  Guess what,  If I were to fire that game up now,  Sure..  there would be a few players left,  But only playing the vanilla maps..

Bad company 2,  Again..  Around 2010,  Has a Vietnam expansion,  Can barely play it due to lack of players who have BC2 but do not own the expansion.

Aliens Colonial Marines,  Also had DLC map packs,  Even if there were players ( which there are rarely now ) I still couldn't play them because *drumroll*...  Most players didn't purchase the map packs.

Yeah. Agreed. But here is the thing. EA can’t be. Getting much revenue from BF1 DLC. It’s tiny.

So why not get some goodwill from the player base that they let down so badly with BF5?

Open it up. Even on a limited time period till the next game releases..........
  • ronybaloney
    360 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    bent.toe said:

Maybe EA/DICE should break the mold?
    Just because everyone does it, doesn't mean it's a good thing. I mean, why not throw the loyal player base a bone and just make all the maps free so the game can live on a bit longer? Let new players experience the full glory of this masterpiece so it gives a great impression of the Battlefield franchise. Building loyalty is a good thing. But what do I know?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14763 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    ronybaloney said:
    Maybe EA/DICE should break the mold?
    Just because everyone does it, doesn't mean it's a good thing. I mean, why not throw the loyal player base a bone and just make all the maps free so the game can live on a bit longer? Let new players experience the full glory of this masterpiece so it gives a great impression of the Battlefield franchise. Building loyalty is a good thing. But what do I know?
    I don't think DICE has any control over that,  they just create the content.

EA on the other hand,  The best you're going to get is special offers or promotions where the DLC is sold with a % off the RRP.

EA's done this before anyway,  BF1 revolution edition ( base game + ALL DLC )  has been on sale a bunch of times,  Most recently on steam.