Give British soldiers the ability to equip a Canadian flag patch.

BadumBattlefield
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 2016
Canada was still considered a part of Britain for the war. So give players the option to add early Canadian flag patches to their soldier.

This would add Canada as a nation in the most efficient way.
Post edited by BadumBattlefield on

Comments

• Crispy_Pinguin
    1598 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Canada was still considered a part of Britain for the war. So give players the option to add early Canadian flag patches to their soldier.

This would add Canada as a nation on the most efficient way.

lol we as belgians also did our big part, yet we don't even have a mention...
  • CaptainHawsehole
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    600px-Canadian_Red_Ensign_1868-1921.svg.png
    It's true that this flag would look pretty cool.
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited June 2016
    600px-Canadian_Red_Ensign_1868-1921.svg.png
    It's true that this flag would look pretty cool.

I have one of those hanging from my house. I love the Red Ensign. The Maple Leaf flag is a nice flag as well. Very unique.
    The Red Ensign tells you more though.
  • DingoKillr
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This would add Canada as a nation on the most efficient way.

Wait for the French DLC, then you could change the colour of the uniform and flag and have a instant Belgian Army? ;)
  • CaptainHawsehole
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Wait for the French DLC, then you could change the colour of the uniform and flag and have a instant Belgian Army? ;)

Yeah I've found it quite strange that there is no details of a map featuring the Belgian defenders. And the uniforms were different, it wouldn't be a simple matter of replacing a skin here. Canadians would be much simpler to implement than Belgians. We're talking patches, which we know are a thing in the game, and cap badges.
  • DingoKillr
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Yeah I've found it quite strange that there is no details of a map featuring the Belgian defenders. And the uniforms were different, it wouldn't be a simple matter of replacing a skin here. Canadians would be much simpler to implement than Belgians. We're talking patches, which we know are a thing in the game, and cap badges.
    Belgian
    TRANS_belgians_1914-18.gif
    Look at the last solider.

French
    World-leaders-gather-to-note-start-of-World-War-I.jpg
  • CaptainHawsehole
    edited June 2016
    So one design out of 9 is similar? You're not making much of a point. We're sidetracking RedGuy's thread however.

It's pretty safe to say the canadian patches will be in as we've seen the ANZAC and Indian uniforms.
  • DingoKillr
    edited June 2016
    The 9 are changes from 1914 to 1918. Every countries uniform changed over that period.

I was at least looking at get a faction in.
  • BadumBattlefield
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump pls papa dice
  • CaptainHawsehole
    edited June 2016
    I have one of those hanging from my house. I love the Red Ensign. The Maple Leaf flag is a nice flag as well. Very unique.

Tells you more of what? Imperialism and the provinces?
    To be fair, I find it pretty but unrepresentative of the Canadian reality of the time.
    It is the only one that makes sense in the setting however. :)
  • BadumBattlefield
    Bump please dice
  • redzuluzulu0096
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited June 2016

Tells you more of what? Imperialism and the provinces?
    To be fair, I find it pretty but unrepresentative of the Canadian reality of the time.
    It is the only one that makes sense in the setting however. :)

The Union Jack shows our roots as a Dominion of the Empire and the Coat of arms shows the common backgrounds of the European settlers. Harp for Irish/celtics, Fleur de lys for the French, etc etc...
    I know some people take issue with the Union Jack, but then again the Queen is still our Queen. I had to swear the Oath of Allegiance when I served and every document I handled had 'c. Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada" on the bottom of every page.

The one I have is this version of the Red Ensign:
    1000px-Canadian_Red_Ensign_1921-1957.svg.png

Although this one wasn't the standard until 1921
    The one you posted would have been the WW1 era. I got them mixed up. My bad.

Where in Canuckistan are you from, good sir?
  • CaptainHawsehole
    edited June 2016
    Hail from Montrelabad. To the risk of seeming a bit of a Québec cliché, she may be your Queen, but I'll be damned if I recognize her as any such thing. Unlike what you might think tho, it's not any sort of nationalistic sentiments that motivates that inclination but a deep seated dislike of monarchies as a whole and of hereditary privilege.

If they add custom emblems, you can be sure I'll be re-creating the patch of the 22nd Battalion.

The_distinguishing_patch_of_the_22nd_%28French_Canadian%29_Battalion%2C_CEF.jpg
    cf6ce967c564631ce3487c6fb9a8eaf1.jpg
  • redzuluzulu0096
    Hail from Montrelabad. To the risk of seeming a bit of a Québec cliché, she may be your Queen, but I'll be damned if I recognize her as any such thing. Unlike what you might think tho, it's not any sort of nationalistic sentiments that motivates that inclination but a deep seated dislike of monarchies as a whole and of hereditary privilege.

If they add custom emblems, you can be sure I'll be re-creating the patch of the Royal 22nd. I guess that was a given. :)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/24/The_distinguishing_patch_of_the_22nd_%28French_Canadian%29_Battalion%2C_CEF.jpg

Right on. I'm from Newfoundabad al Labrador
    I'm a quarter french. My grandpa on my mom's side was from Trois Riviere. Quebec is beautiful.

I'm going to be doing the Royal Newfoundland Regiment patch for sure. It's my avatar. Hopefully there'll be a Somme map of some sort. Beaumont-Hamel would be cool, but I'm guessing it's unlikely.

Hereditary privilege is pretty out of touch in the modern era. I do agree.
    Did you know the early high kings of Scotland were elected? Celtic law had no concept of primogeniture (1st son is next monarch).
    MacBeth was overthrown because the English backed a son of a former king of Scotland and invaded.
    The basically forced the concept on the Scots.
    Anyhow, just a tid bit of useless info.
  • CaptainHawsehole
    It's actually funny. As a final paper in university, I wrote a piece on the Royal Newfoundland Fencibles of 1812!
  • redzuluzulu0096
    It's actually funny. As a final paper in university, I wrote a piece on the Royal Newfoundland Fencibles of 1812!

Right on. The Fencibles did some crazy stuff during that war. I'm sure you already know this, but they captured two US warships in a night raid. One was the Scorpion. Because of this many of the current Royal Newfoundland Regiment members get a scorpion tattoo on their right forearm.

• CaptainHawsehole
    edited June 2016
    Right on. The Fencibles did some crazy stuff during that war. I'm sure you already know this, but they captured two US warships in a night raid. One was the Scorpion. Because of this many of the current Royal Newfoundland Regiment members get a scorpion tattoo on their right forearm.

I think the most extraordinary thing is the range of assignments they received. Not only were they infantry and marines but were often also competent sailors and saw service as such too.

Off topic, but fascinating!
  • CDN-Crockett
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

War of 1812! w00t
  • CDN-Crockett
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm trying to find a maple leaf done in 11 layers, anyone?

I'm in our capital city of Ottawa, or is it toronto? I forget..... :)

EDIT: Not sure how attach my emblem's pic.
  • CDN-Crockett

This would add Canada as a nation in the most efficient way.

I'd love to see Captain Roy Brown in the game!