Community Mission Failed :)

VectorRoll
45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Guess we failed at our Community Mission for Resupplies. :)

I am curious... How many of you actually knew we had one?

I have a feeling that most do not even notice them. I think that if they would notify us of the Community Missions the same way they do with Double XP that more would actually know about them. As of right now it seems the only way they tell people about them is in the Community Missions section within BattleLog and at times deep in a News Feed Article in BattleLog. So I seriously think that they should start listing the Community Missions in one of those Blue Text Bars we see at the top of the page like we do for Double XP. At the very least mention that a Community Mission is Active. It definitely will make more people aware of it, which I have a feeling that most do not ever notice them. :wink:

Comments

• Victor-_-TheStar
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not a surprise since people don't even drop ammo and i think this is the first community mission we failed as a community lol
  • MorningTimeCloud
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yea it would be good if something was highlighted when a community mission is active. The average person probably never even checks, even when its completed and they can redeem the award.
  • Victor-_-TheStar
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea it would be good if something was highlighted when a community mission is active. The average person probably never even checks, even when its completed and they can redeem the award.

Yea its a good idea but i blame the community at the same time doesn't matter what server or what map i play at. People seem lazy when it come to dropping ammo!
  • MorningTimeCloud
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's why i stand in front of them and jump over and over till they get annoyed and realize to throw ammo or health
  • VectorRoll
    That's why i stand in front of them and jump over and over till they get annoyed and realize to throw ammo or health

Oh was that you? LOL

Just Kidding... But yeah I see that a lot and have done it myself a bunch of times. I personally drop my Ammo Boxes all over the place, even go out of my way to give players some.

Anyways... This is one Community Mission I thought we would've achieved, just from all those Metro and Locker servers alone. They are the one place where we see Resupplies being used all the time and the amount of those servers running those stupid Maps 24/7 still amazes me. :lol: So this should've been a easy one to achieve. Sadly we failed to do so. So only thing I can think of is that people just didn't know about it and that all comes down to how it is advertised.

Hopefully DICE can learn from this and improve upon it. Especially for BF1 as I am sure we will have Community Mission there as well.
  • MorningTimeCloud
    Yea that's me lol...

There needs to be a tutorial before people can play showing them how to throw ammo, health, repair and revive.
  • Foot_Sergeant
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not a surprise since people don't even drop ammo and i think this is the first community mission we failed as a community lol

Hitting a drop button is so hard or maybe wasting the bullets :D
  • Dweldin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I was also disappointed that the CM failed. I was playing in Metro games and people were dropping medkits like crazy. No one dropping ammo. Knowing how some in the community are I thought they were protesting the mission by purposely dropping medkits! Oh well maybe next time if there is one.
  • VectorRoll
    Dweldin wrote: »
    I was also disappointed that the CM failed. I was playing in Metro games and people were dropping medkits like crazy. No one dropping ammo. Knowing how some in the community are I thought they were protesting the mission by purposely dropping medkits! Oh well maybe next time if there is one.

Well you might be disappointing by the current one as well. It is based on revives. How often do you see people doing that lately? LOL :lol:

On top of that, most people probably don't even know that it is active now as it is only advertised in that one spot in BattleLog. Which is the point i am trying to make with my thread here. No ticker no nothing other than the Community Missions Section of BattleLog which isn't out in the open is all we have to mention them. So go figure. :)
  • Maddayz
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Makes sense that it was failed since supports aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I personally rarely even bother asking them for ammo, I just wait until they die and grab their kit to throw an ammopack.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member

I think this is why DICE/EA thankfully allows gamers to retrieve supplies (ammo, medpacks) from Support class players on their own (i.e. not having to rely on Support gamers to drop supplies).
  • sohiieee
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2016
    Maddayz wrote: »
    Makes sense that it was failed since supports aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I personally rarely even bother asking them for ammo, I just wait until they die and grab their kit to throw an ammopack.

Jokes on you I run airburst + claymore. No ammo for you.