edited May 2016
im afraid BF1 will be heavily based on battlefront
things im worried they're gonna re-do:
single player being mission/ tasks and survival
no server browser
no community server and matchmaking
vehicle pick ups
currency for purchasing weapons and gadgets

I guess hope for the best but still worried since they showed basically nothing from the actual game.

Comments

• ScalaViking
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield
    Me too, me too buddy. Though the thing i'm most worried about is no good mouse control.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You people are something else..i swear
  • NatsuTerran
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm worried about it because of Dice Sweden, not because of games like Battlefront or Hardline. People don't seem to get that those are side games that Dice has never put their entire heart and focus into. It has always been like this: Dice has a major Battlefield game that they support for several years, then they introduce side games that they barely put work into just to make a buck. These games, like Medal of Honor, Hardline, and Battlefront, are not intended to have longevity or quality as high as the main BF series.

Now, it is still yet to be determined if BF1 is a side game or the next major BF title. Dice LA is working on a shooter to release in 2017, so that might actually be the next major title, or that could end up being the side game. I think it will be more obvious as we get more info on BF1. If it starts looking like a BF4 reskin in a different environment, gameplay-wise, then we may just have another side game on our hands.
  • AngryDave-UK
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm pretty sure the DICE LA game would be the side game.
  • doctorrocktor
    1900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    you cannot compare bf with swbf,its only tales of battle pickups but if there is pickups it will be like in bf4.as for heros its a preorder you get the red barron plane i think which is nothing like swbf
  • xZeN_v5x
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Before seeing the trailer and a few minutes of extended footage, I was slightly concerned also in what direction they would take the game. To be as honest as possible, the team working on Battlefield 1 is going above & beyond taking the community feedback from past titles to ensure this game provides a innovative feel that focus on the Battlefield staples. I understand the valid point of people that not seeing multiplayer footage is very concerning, but we will most likely see more footage this month and have the hands on experience in June where a lot of questions will be answered.
  • Jal-89
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    > @AngryDave-UK said:
    > I'm pretty sure the DICE LA game would be the side game.

I can agree to that. This is a Battlefield made by DICE people that was there in all major Battlefield games. DICE LA is more likely to make a spin-off or a dlc. I think Battlefield 1 will be one of the major games in the series.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its been in development for almost 3 years now, That would indicate it being a major AAA title, not a side game.
  • LacedUpFormal
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You guys worry to much.. its battlefield just trust the Devs
  • THEPR3SIDENT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mean, has enough really been shown at this point to have this kind of fear OP? Let's wait and see more before we worry about these things.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yeah, despite the poor initial release of Battlefield 4, the game did set a bar for the following DICE games through the CTE. One of the big reasons Hardline and Battlefront flopped was because DICE asked for just as much for those games as they did for Battlefield 4, but while offering significantly less content.

Among with some of the issues the OP addressed, DICE is going to need to do their research to pack the game with a healthy dose of weaponry along with vehicles (and horses) that are extremely fun to use. Like, DICE should try to get about a dozen or so weapons in each class along with many more all-kit weapons (hopefully having like at least 70 or so weapons, not including gadgets, pickups, melee, grenades, or DLC weapons). Planes need to have good controls, and if they do, they'll make for extremely satisfying dogfighting (likely the best in the series). Tanks should be focused on teamwork, and rigorous teamwork should be rewarding with them. Anti-tank weapons, like the T-Gewehr and AT grenades, should be an interesting enough change from the former games while still remaining balanced. And so on. . .
  • DaSepp95
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    One thing in particular what makes me worry is that there is no longer a engineer as a playable kit.
    I hope this doesn't mean there will not be an option to repair vehicles.
    Witch could hint to a similar pick up system like in swbf.
    Also aoe stuff like flamethrowers an mustard gas is something that doesn't fit into a skill based game like bf.
    What I ask for is not 150 plus weapons and gadgets, but a way to grow as a player in different ways.
    I have a 2.1 all time kd in bf4 an 600 plus hours of game time and I still enjoy it and see many ways to improve upon my selfe.
    This is practically the only thing that I ask for.
    A deep game experience with lots of different ways to blow stuff up.
  • NatsuTerran
    It's confirmed that Medic gets medbags and a repair tool
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    It's confirmed that Medic gets medbags and a repair tool

We need a source when confirming things like this to avoid incorrect spread of rumor as fact on here
  • NatsuTerran
    Sorry. The leaked youtube video mentioned what I said about the Medic class. I suppose class changes could still occur, however.
  • DaSepp95
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah, because I saw a info video that did confirm the av options for assault, but the Youtuber stated that he does not no anything about repair options
    The video sadly Is in German so it probably won't be helpful
  • AegonBlackfyre21
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I was so excited for battlefront but that game is aweful. If bf1 plays like battlefront its a total deal breaker for me. The air vehicles in particular are horrendous and straight out of an arcade. If I want to barrel roll I expect to do it with the sticks like bf4 and not by pressing a button to do a prefabricated manuver.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It is true that after the launch of BF4 and Battlefront I would have a hard time trusting DICE to deliver a good clean and fun experience.

IF it where DICE LA i would probably have a pre order in already since they did a good job fixing up BF4 even if I didnt agree with everything they did.

Im just going to wait and see if DICE took anything out of LAs handbook, and currently have no reason to believe that any of Battlefronts features (or lack of) would make it into BF1 because they are different franchises. It would be like expecting DOOM to become an open world exploration and quest based shooter because Fallout 4 (yes i know its technically a different dev operating under bethesda)
  • kellar01
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    > @BadcuzTremysaid said:
    > You people are something else..i swear

well yeah tremmy i want a good game not a fan service.