BF1 should not have 3D spotting/Doritos

kellar01
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
That would make it SO MUCH BETTER
or even make the "classic" server preset the default in BF1

Comments

• MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove a staple of the Battlefield series? You understand you're in the minority, right?
  • OGLSpade
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I vote to keep the doritos, makes it easier to hit targets that you can barely see in the distance.
  • NatsuTerran
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I completely agree. The doritos destroy authenticity and the feel of gameplay. It makes aiming at longer ranged targets much easier than it should be. It is also a major reason why aircraft are seen as so powerful and why so many people complain: Because infantry cannot just hide from them using foliage and such.

It shouldn't be easier to hit targets that you can barely see in the distance. It's actually one of the few things other shooters have over BF. I want to shoot at people, not icons.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If DICE is truly sticking to the roots aspect there will be no 3d/2d spotting. The first 2 titles never showed the enemy on either map (mini/full). The technology to do such things wasn't available. The most we got when using "binoculars" to spot was a map grid location of the spotter on screen. The location of the spotted was used for artillery (Howitzers, mortars etc). And the location point was static. No tracking.

e.g. www.youtube.com/watch?v=bylqMRCE654
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Lol I can't wait to see BF1 with 3D spotting. It would be like DICE to be that hypocritical.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    > @S1ngular1ty said:
    > Lol I can't wait to see BF1 with 3D spotting. It would be like DICE to be that hypocritical.

It might happen in a "normal" based preset with Classic being the default. Normal would be renamed to Assisted or Softcore.

regardless I doubt BF1 will have 3d spotting or doritos.
  • xZeN_v5x
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think they will find a balance of what works best especially with feedback from EA Play in June. It would be a nice change though to have it follow the earlier titles.
  • Rev0verDrive
    > @zen025 said:
    > I think they will find a balance of what works best especially with feedback from EA Play in June. It would be a nice change though to have it follow the earlier titles.

Well with all the vehicles and weapons only being part of the time, then why not the other aspects.

They may break authentics here and there and slip in some weird 2142/Phantom stuff, but that's about it.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    > @Rev0verDrive said:
    > > @S1ngular1ty said:
    > > Lol I can't wait to see BF1 with 3D spotting. It would be like DICE to be that hypocritical.
    >
    > It might happen in a "normal" based preset with Classic being the default. Normal would be renamed to Assisted or Softcore.
    >
    > regardless I doubt BF1 will have 3d spotting or doritos.

I love it....

Classic
    Hardcore

and

Assist Mode - 3D Spotting - Health Regen

"Vanilla" is now called "Assist Mode"
  • Rev0verDrive
    edited May 2016
    Lol. How can anyone take a game seriously as an esport potential with sooooo many crutches in it's default preset? They won't.
  • NatsuTerran
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah, if there's 3D spotting that might be the single reason that causes me to not get the game at all. I thought WW1 was a war about established front-lines facing off. I don't see any reason for the soldiers to call out a single lone enemy who is just standing in his trench with the rest of the enemies. All it does is make the game's shooting feel watered down and easier.
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'd say DICE should get rid of 3D spotting for the most part, but not entirely. The Scout class should have binoculars that'll allow for 3D spotting of enemies. It'd make the Scout's role of spotting MUCH more important.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    I'd say DICE should get rid of 3D spotting for the most part, but not entirely. The Scout class should have binoculars that'll allow for 3D spotting of enemies. It'd make the Scout's role of spotting MUCH more important.

I like this idea to a point... but then I realize that recons would do even less than they do now.
  • Rev0verDrive
    > @ThePoolshark said:
    > MegaloDorian wrote: »
    >
    > I'd say DICE should get rid of 3D spotting for the most part, but not entirely. The Scout class should have binoculars that'll allow for 3D spotting of enemies. It'd make the Scout's role of spotting MUCH more important.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I like this idea to a point... but then I realize that recons would do even less than they do now.

You don't play much HC do you? It's also dependent on the kit.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    HC is even worse, it was only LMG and sniper campers last time I played it
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is how I think Spotting should work.

If I spot someone it should be a vicinity area spotting. So anyone within 50 feet of me can only see what I spotted. Thus I am yelling and calling out where the enemy is to the people around me. I play a lot of paintball and and even then calling people out within 50 is hard to communicate without radios.

If The enemy is also within my 50 feet vicinity and I tab someone for spotting, I should ping on the map for the enemy. If my teammates can hear me so can they. However in this case I only ping on the map and then vanish so the enemy knows that someone is near by.

If I spot someone and I no longer have visual on him then he disappears off the map. Unless someones has acknowledged my spotting and they have carried on the visual after I duck back down. No more of this spotting and the person remains on the map even behind cover. Visual contact only.

To me this is the perfect way how spotting should work.

Snipers can't spot because they have no way of communicating to anyone in the front lines or to tanks etc..
  • Vespervin
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe remove the doritos but have them show up on the map?
  • MegaloDorian
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Whale, Mr. Pooly Sharky, I feel that DICE should work out the Scout class to be most viable at a certain range of ranges. The problem with like the last five Battlefield games is that DICE makes the snipers a one-shot kill at close ranges (as if they're meant to be shotguns), but players still sit in the hills way too far away from the action. There should be more encouragement for the Scout class to play at ranges outside the general effective range of the other classes, but not too far out to the point where they're just taking ineffective potshots. We're talking probably like 150-300 meters or whatever is most reasonable among DICE and the community. So, maybe 3D spotting will still only work out to a specific range (300 meters possibly), justified by how well they can "identify" the enemy with the available magnification.

The following is kind of a topic for itself, not so much here, but. . .

The bolt-action rifles need a good overhaul in multiple aspects. I think the most important part, however, is the damage model. The older Battlefield games were a bit closer to how sniper rifle/bolt-action rifle damage "should" be done. As in, they should have a flat damage model at all ranges. However, the catch is that they'd have a "bell-curve" chest (upper-half of the torso, or maybe just the heart area if that's still too much) multiplier. Let's say if a bolt-action rifle does 80 flat damage. Its chest multiplier will start at 1.00x, but it'd make its way up to 1.25x between 150 and 300 meters before dropping back down to 1.00x at, say, 400 meters. That'd be a lot of coding, but this adds incentive to be at relatively long ranges, but not in the hills.
  • RaspicaBlue
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    About the minimap spotting, I really think enemies that appear on the minimap should be just red dots. Not even moving ones, just dots that appear where they're last spotted or where they last shot guns. Then the Scout class actually has the ability to turn them into moving red triangles with their spotting.
  • trhashbrownies
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think what zombie said could be a good middle ground. Personally wouldn't mind seeing no spotting at all, communicate with your teammates with a headset to let them know if you saw someone.