BF1 should not have 3D spotting/Doritos

Comments

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3884 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    since they didnt have Doritos back then maybe the players will be shaped as saltines...lol
  • Girtablulu
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    3D Spotting is okay but not how it's working as it is now in BF4, just take some ideas from BNS
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    > @ThePoolshark said:
    > HC is even worse, it was only LMG and sniper campers last time I played it

Depends on the server and the map I suppose. I see wookies sure but it isn't a very large majority. Honestly I see more DMR's than anything else.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd hope to at least see 3D spotting be limited for air units. Maybe infantry wouldn't be shown for pilots, but tanks and other air units would still be marked. I always thought 3D spotting ruined the balance between air units and infantry.

I wouldn't mind to see it be removed completely, though. I thought it worked in Bad Company, but the pilots in BF3 made me feel a lot more sour about the system. It also diminishes the fun of ranged gunplay for me, since I always end up relying on it. I've long since gotten into the habit of "spotting" nothing to find enemies.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2016
    > @xxxCoOlBr33zExxx said:
    > since they didnt have Doritos back then maybe the players will be shaped as saltines...lol

Doubtful. There'd be a lot of bans based on chat comments. "Shoot the Crackers".

edit ... that's a very very strict filter we got on here.
  • Termineko
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield
    If 3D spotting is allowed in BF1 which it should not they should make the enemy show up ONLY on the minimap and not have a dorito or what ever to show you where they are through normal view to make it more realistic but they could have a class to make it to where they can see them with normal view with a helmet or something but personally I don't think that would workout it's not realistic.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    lol, what? You can't say a delicious snack food? I guess we can just say brands. Saltines, Ritz, etc.
  • Rev0verDrive
    I added the edit, and then it showed. /shrug
  • MagyarMatt
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The doritos need to stay purely because it is an effective visual communication tools. Not everyone is in game chat. Not everyone speaks the same language therefore it is a quick way of letting your team mates know where you have spotted the enemy.
  • Rev0verDrive
    > @MagyarMatt said:
    > The doritos need to stay purely because it is an effective visual communication tools. Not everyone is in game chat. Not everyone speaks the same language therefore it is a quick way of letting your team mates know where you have spotted the enemy.

It's a crutch.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I bet the people saying get rid of this are campers that want to sit in one spot the whole entire time. Just relax its a damn video game
  • Rev0verDrive
    > @Wolfyp77 said:
    > I bet the people saying get rid of this are campers that want to sit in one spot the whole entire time. Just relax its a damn video game

Set in a time period that didn't have the capable technology. Regardless campers are going to be campers. They still camp in BF2/3/4.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Then the game better not have kill cams or stats because they didn't have that either
  • Rev0verDrive
    Lol, those are UI/Analytic elements. Kill cams are stupid regardless.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Mentioning kill-cams... I really hope they are shorter and a lot different from what they are right now in Battlefield 4.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd enjoy seeing kill-cams similar to Call of Duty/Crysis, especially if the camera follows certain objects such as rockets and long ranged bullets. Not much of a fan of highlighting the player that killed me. I think it's more interesting to know how he killed me rather than what he did after-the-fact.
  • Sir-Smithsonian
    Let's do away with the mini map too. I don't think they could see a map in the bottom left hand corner of their eyes
  • NatsuTerran
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    > @Bertominus_Rex said:. I've long since gotten into the habit of "spotting" nothing to find enemies.

This bothers me so, SO much. No matter how much they try to fix spotting, this will always remain a viable tactic, and it is so freakin irritating to just keep mashing on the spot button every two-three seconds to find enemies.

But Zombie's suggestion seems like a good compromise if it comes to it. I would also add that the player who issues the spotting should not be able to see doritos that they marked themselves, and that doritos should leave the HUD much sooner.
  • Das_reboot1918
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    3d spotting is not a "staple". It is a crutch for idiots. Bf1942, Bf2, Bf2142, Bf vietnam etc did NOT have this noob feature and it has not place. It eliminated any stealth play at all and I hope it is gone forever.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2016
    I think it should stay, but be reduced in frequency

BF4 went overboard on the spotting mechanics. Super wide cone upon release, bases auto 2d spot nearby enemies, looking at an enemy automatically 2d spotted them for your team regardless of distance, UAVs, side mount attachment that spots for you and of course thermal sights that highlight enemies

I think all classes should be able to "2D Spot" but only scout(I am gussing this is the equivalent of recon) should be able to mark enemies with a 3D triangle and they should not be visible through obscuring objects

This is assuming of course, 3D spotting is even a thing in this game, HUD overflow the way its been in BF3/4 might actually serve to hurt the art direction of this game as technology is not as advanced