Weekly Debrief

Adult content?

mckrackin5324
219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
edited June 2016
Battlelog forums never required you to own the game to participate. This one does.

Doesn't that mean that you have to be an adult by default to participate here?

I'm all for language filters to weed out hate speech and such but this filter is just silly. Auto deleting words and even groups of letters that are commonly used on any given kindergarten playground.

I'm told it's being adjusted...we'll see.

wtf
bs
crap etc...

Comments

• mckrackin5324
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I see c...r...a...p is still too dirty for here. lol
    Test some of your commonly used words and phrases.
    Only stuff that was specifically allowed on Battlelog though.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They do seem to be a bit heavy handed in their forum censorship. Maybe they'll tone it down a bit when they revamp the forums later.
  • mpls_big_daddy
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I came here for the live, nude dancing. Thanks for disappointing.
  • mckrackin5324
    I came here for the live, nude dancing. Thanks for disappointing.

I'm trying Big Daddy.lol
  • mckrackin5324
    They do seem to be a bit heavy handed in their forum censorship. Maybe they'll tone it down a bit when they revamp the forums later.

Braddock is working on it. At least some of the abbreviations are working now.
    Would really like to see a list of ridiculous edits posted here...to help with the toning down of the filter.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no problem with the language filter. IMO adults don't need to sound like kids trying to impress each other with all the curse words they know. Anyone who can't make their point without spewing four-letter words probably doesn't have much of a point to begin with. It's one thing to use colorful language in reference to politicians or sports teams you dislike, but this is a public forum, not your living room.
  • ugdpy
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2016
    I have no problem with the language filter. IMO adults don't need to sound like kids trying to impress each other with all the curse words they know. Anyone who can't make their point without spewing four-letter words probably doesn't have much of a point to begin with. It's one thing to use colorful language in reference to politicians or sports teams you dislike, but this is a public forum, not your living room.

+1
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Exactly this.
    This filter is not just meant to appease the young like some may think - This is a public forum, and we expect people to talk here like grown up men, and I highly doubt that without a filter this place will be the home of a productive and friendly community. I for example will never take a person seriously if he cannot write anything beyond profanity.
    The filter in its current state is still being tweaked as some words that shouldn't be filtered have been censored. It will take some time to fully integrate it correctly, but overall I believe it's safe to assume that it is working as intended.
  • mckrackin5324
    Avarik wrote: »
    Exactly this.
    This filter is not just meant to appease the young like some may think - This is a public forum, and we expect people to talk here like grown up men, and I highly doubt that without a filter this place will be the home of a productive and friendly community. I for example will never take a person seriously if he cannot write anything beyond profanity.
    The filter in its current state is still being tweaked as some words that shouldn't be filtered have been censored. It will take some time to fully integrate it correctly, but overall I believe it's safe to assume that it is working as intended.

This is what I'm trying to convey.
    Some of the words and even combinations of letters being filtered is ridiculous.
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Some of the words and even combinations of letters being filtered is ridiculous.
    And it will be amended as is/if necessary. Have faith in Braddock. C:

There is also a primary feedback thread for the forums, I think it will be nice if you share your concerns about the filter there too.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/617/my-feedback-on-the-new-forums
  • mckrackin5324
    Avarik wrote: »
    And it will be amended as is/if necessary. Have faith in Braddock. C:

There is also a primary feedback thread for the forums, I think it will be nice if you share your concerns about the filter there too.
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/617/my-feedback-on-the-new-forums

I despise "super threads". So...no thank you.
    When a thread gets past a couple dozen replies,most of them are being overlooked or they are in response to something 100 pages back and make no sense (out of context).
  • thansk_doge
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2016
    Really they should just add a profanity filter, the mutes and bans for someone saying something like 'hell' or 'damn' are just plain stupid and a waste of time. Having a simple *** would get the job done.
  • mckrackin5324
    Really they should just add a profanity filter, the mutes and bans for someone saying something like 'hell' or 'damn' are just plain stupid and a waste of time. Having a simple *** would get the job done.

We're talking about the profanity filter on the forum here.
    This morning it was deleting the letters w,t and f as well as b and s.
    Not the words...it was deleting the use of the letters.

c...r...a...p is still too dirty and gets zapped here. lol

They are toning it down a lot though...obviously since a few words in your post were auto deleted this morning. hahaha
  • mckrackin5324
    AND WHY DOES THE ENTER KEY PUT A WHOLE PAGE BETWEEN LINES?
  • Maddayz
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They should put the filter as a setting (turned on by default so the thin-skinned sissies don't get offended) that can be disabled. An irrelevant opinion will still be irrelevant if you take out the insults, so it won't really change much...
  • Nzwg
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maddayz wrote: »
    They should put the filter as a setting (turned on by default so the thin-skinned sissies don't get offended) that can be disabled. An irrelevant opinion will still be irrelevant if you take out the insults, so it won't really change much...
    Maybe if the filter is not a setting that can be disabled (the way it is now), users that are disturbed by the filter could learn to use word that are less offensive.
  • Maddayz
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sometimes (often?), offensive words are the only way to pass a message to those people who forgot to pay their brain bill. I don't see why it's acceptable for some people to be stupid but not acceptable for us to point it out.
    Post edited by Maddayz on
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3870 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It has nothing to do with people being thin-skinned, just like the BL forums, these forums can be viewed by all ages therefore profanity and whatever else they deem to be not suitable will be filtered.

These are the forum guidelines, if you don't like that there is filter in place then don't post. It's that simple.

The filter is something that is and will also be something that is constantly evolving/changing.
  • NOVA-GOA
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    QQ op nothing to add here but your whinning. Mods please lock thread.
  • Darizuka
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    NOVA-GOA wrote: »
    QQ op nothing to add here but your whinning. Mods please lock thread.

now now
    calm down
    they're all having a constructive dialogue
    give it time, maybe it can switch into adult content such as...
    Political discussions?
    or..
    Market prices?
    or...
    News and Current Events?

is China still banning BF4
    or is it okay now?
This discussion has been closed.