Revive BF 2142 launched - play NOW

Coffeecup132
542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited September 2016
The Dethklok clan has been running 2142 since Gamespy shutdown.

The Revive BF2 team will be joining forces with the Dethklok Clan to revive BF 2142 very soon
https://battlelog.co/news.php?id=230

Another nostalgia trip :)

I will fill up with updates as things happen.
Post edited by Coffeecup132 on

Comments

• Coffeecup132
    edited September 2016
    From September 23rd onwards, the Revive BF2 team will launch Revive BF2142, which will join forces with the Dethklok clan to have unified stats & ranking. I stand to be corrected, but at the moment, it looks like this merger will start off with three 64-player servers and one 48-player server, which include the Titan mode among others.
  • Vespervin
    1205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!
  • NZepica
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Will have to try that. I didn't get into BF until BC2ish.
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2016
    Same here. One thing I discovered was the BF games I disliked (or even hated) the most initially, are my most favorite games now. I was never into futuristic themes, hence why 2142 wasn't love at first sight and took ages for me to really like it.
    Above all, 2142 even though futuristic, is still a simple straight old school style no-frills BF - no wall/ultra jumps or fancy warp laser stupid moves and all that rubbish.
    Now 2142 is one of my most favorite, alongside BF2 and BFBC2.
  • Toxic_CA
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm so how does this work. I go to this website and I can play 2142? I don't really like downloading things from random places
  • DevilsBathtub
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    is it FTP?
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2016
    Toxic_CA wrote: »
    Hmm so how does this work. I go to this website and I can play 2142? I don't really like downloading things from random places
    Thanks for your interest!

The yet-to-be-launched Revive 2142 will work in the same way with Revive BF2 -> just download the small Revive launcher, and starting your BF2 via the launcher will make the game connect to the new Revive network (instead of encountering previous errors from the game by default trying to connect to the already non-existent Gamespy network).

After that it is just playing the game.

All the files from the Revive website are safe - this service is a non-profit community created project running from the developers' own pockets (and donations), which have been in service since 2014. All these time, there have never been any complaints of hanky panky with any of the files obtained from the Revive website. The thousands of current users of the service can also attest to this :)

To avoid going tldr here (also I'm not the technical expert), for even further information, feel free to drop by the Revive 2142 discussion forum. The admins/mods/community are proactive in helping out and answering questions.

Apart from the forums, you can also join the Revive 2142 Discord channel for chats/inquiries :)

*Since the Revive BF 2142 website is still work in progress, the current 2142 forum board including the 2142 section is pretty much the Revive BF2 forum board as well. Things will gradually be built in stages.

• Coffeecup132
  • Mr7Beans
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2016
    But i want BF2143
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2016
    Mr7Beans wrote: »
    But i want BF2143
    Let's hope for the best...

....but you don't have to hope for BF 2142 anymore because its here :)

Revive Battlefield 2142
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still waiting :D
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2016

Master server up and the battles have begun :)
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried downloading through the launcher but it said battlelog bootstrap wasn't working correctly. Any ideas how I can fix this?
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2016
    @JacobtheSmartGuy Thanks for reporting! I think I saw your post and a few others having the same issue. I'm no techie, so I have also directed your queries to the devs via discord. Will update you once I get something from them.

Despite early post-launch issues for some, numbers playing online on five servers have gone up to about 270 within the first 12 hours post-launch. The devs are working hard to iron out any problems.
  • Coffeecup132
    edited September 2016
    @JacobtheSmartGuy
    Try temporarily disabling antivirus during install
    (if you use f-secure refer here: https://battlelog.co/post.php?id=17779

When running installer, 1) do NOT run as administrator, and
    2) uncheck compatibility.
  • JacobtheSmartGuy
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks. Will try
  • XmDaWgX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016

Master server up and the battles have begun :)

Just found this thread and noticed that this video actually perfectly depicts how I felt that morning at 6am when everything was finally online and I thought it was FINALLY okay to fall asleep after being up for 32hrs...... until I woke up to servers crashing every single round :D Did not expect such an incredible turnout for such an old dead game. Got it fixed pretty quickly after waking up though ;)
  • Coffeecup132
    XmDaWgX wrote: »
    Did not expect such an incredible turnout for such an old dead game. Got it fixed pretty quickly after waking up though ;)
    Bravo to you guys for the hard work driven purely by passion - the impressive rate things are further improving makes it feel like the team haven't slept since launch :)

In one week -> exceeded 800 players online with servers in 5 continents

Thumbs-up.png

• NerdRevenge
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Now how about Reviving Revive launcher? I do know a legal means under US Copyright law to bring back all those games. It's under exemptions. One exemption is for preservation, especially when an old media is no longer available. EA sold those games on CDs or DVDs. That media for distributing games is dying off. Downloads is the future.

In addition putting new servers bakc up is another means to preserve the game un the exemption since the GameSpy ones were shutdown.
  • StarscreamUK
    7169 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. thats not an exemption, the copyright still exists, the media can still be read. cd/dvd can be read in dvd/bluray drives.
    2. thats largely irrelevant, the tos on those games indicated there was no given period of length.
    3. this thread isnt exempt either. Necro
This discussion has been closed.