Is the AA Gun OP

irainsIRA
8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
have seen a lot of discussion about this some say it shots to far some say it can aim to high and some say it dose to much damage. for me the only thing i would change is the speed that it rotates because right know its ridicules compared to the stationary cannons.

Comments

• ptf327
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't think adding airburst mechanics or changing the way it operates is the answer. I would be in favor of decreasing its range or damage however. I do agree that it takes out planes too quickly and there is little you can do once you start getting hit. It is not uncommon to get taken down with a single burst which is something I don't think should happen.
  • Hdhshxhsns
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The AA guns should deflect and destroy aircraft around a point, not half way across the solar system. With how the new plane destruction works if you get hit by an AA gun and hits your wing once 8/10 times your just dead cuz your plane lstarts listing like the titanic and you cant escape. AA guns should be good don't get me wrong, however, they have far to much range and not enough spread on the shots when firing full auto.
  • TheWalkingDerp
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ive suggested this in another thread, reducing the rotation speed and decreasing the stagger effect + the chance to disable instantly should do the trick without needing its damage or range.
  • Matster196
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah the things feel too strong if you ask me. For me the main problem is that as soon as you get hit once you lose control of your plane no matter what. Then there is the problem with the range. It's too strong against the air, I know it should be, but holy grails O_O
  • CharlyB123
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Most definitely OP. I now have to run around at the beginning of a match destroying them just so that I can have fun doing what I enjoy.
  • ll_1NFRA_r3d_ll
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    deffinatly OP , the thing is you cant just hop in a plane and get kills straight away , it does take time to use to its full potential unlike the AA gun which anyone can use , IMO it should kinda match that, so you should need to have decent accuracy and the perfect lead to be able to hit a plane . Right now its far too easy to make hits and kills on planes.
  • Jubblator
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah but then what do you plan to shoot down bombers with really? Only bomber hunters? I mean it would make for pretty onesided gameplay since you can spawn a limited amount of aircraft, so one side spawns bombers and the other bomber hunters and then we have a go at it till one side gives up pretty much. Because AA is the only counter to bombers atm.
    I wouldnt mind lowering the damage SLIGHTLY on it, but AA should be feared and ground troops should make sure to take out the gunners to support their aircraft.
    Or reduce damage/range more but let guns do more damage to the planes, the amount of damage you do now is pretty lame.
  • SniperWOLF-G
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Ive suggested this in another thread, reducing the rotation speed and decreasing the stagger effect + the chance to disable instantly should do the trick without needing its damage or range.

Something like that would be my suggestion too. The turning speed is way to high, or alternatevely to reducing the turning speed they could give it a dead spot like 270 degree operational and 90 degree dead spot but not 360 with a turning speed of a formula 1 car
  • Chappa74
    326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    And another thread of whine from BF 4 chopper pros who want a 45-1 KD guarantee death ship, to spam death with impunity with no recourse. These aircraft were made of wood, wire and cloth. They NEVER went close to the ground in battlefields because they were so prone to ground fire. They are in this game to counter other aircraft and airships, not To mimic a BF4 attack helicopters. Please adapt to this reality before the constant whining brings around so many nerfs this game just becomes another modern battlefield title with a different set of uniforms. The lack of air harassment on the ground is absolutely refreshing and that is in no small part down to the deterrent of the fixed AA.

TLDR? Adapt, counter and deal with it. Wooden planes are weak, fixed AA is NOT OP.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Range is way to long. If you are in a fighter plane and a guy camps at an AA you literally need to fly at the edges of the map until he gets bored and leaves. Thats just not ok.
  • SniperWOLF-G
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That is the biggest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i ever read... Why to have Planes if their only purpose is to counter other planes ? LoL
    if they have no slightly impact to the ground you can take them out of the Game. point.

No one here wants an 40:1 Killstreak in an Aircraft, that is not what we want. We just want a clearly OP Flak to get slighty tweaked a bit so that it can shoot aircrafts yes but not control the whole air on it's own.

Aircrafts in BF1 are far beyond from Firepower of BF3/BF4 Choppers or Jets. You won't see such high Killstreaks. But funny how pissed some People are about asking for an AA nerf when every ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ round with a Tank there is a Tank Guy that actually has such a high killstreak while pilots are just happy to fly and even more happier when they have a positive K/D, because most of the time you die from everything.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But funny how pissed some People are about asking for an AA nerf when every **** round with a Tank there is a Tank Guy that actually has such a high killstreak while pilots are just happy to fly and even more happier when they have a positive K/D, because most of the time you die from everything.

This! I don't think I could count the times I spawned in a plane, flew two feet before it started rocking like crazy from AA fire across the map and I thought "Nope, gonna get out of this defenseless death trap..:" only to then parachute out of bounds.

I also play tanks. You tend to rack up a lot of kills before someone finally manages to kill you and guess what? No one ever complains. But when I kill one or two foot soldiers with a strafing run everyone starts crying. Odd.

• SniperWOLF-G
    Not to mention all those ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ bugs you have to deal with...
    On Operations i constantly spawn in the Air or in the Water without a Plane at the beginning of the round, then sometimes i don't start in a fighter which is my standard aircraft, instead i sit in an attack plane with zero weapons mounted ( not even a front gun just a weaponless plane). The number of bugs involving planes is ridiculous.
  • disposalist
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    They maybe do too much damage but anyone should be able to use them easily.

Let's not have another BF4 where any half-decent pilot is unkillable...
  • SpicyBhangraLova
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haha it's ridiculously OP, anyone who says otherwise doesnt use the planes..
  • PinkAnarchist
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why does noone mention a very simple counter to an AA gun? Have a ground team take out the shooter!
  • SniperWOLF-G
    edited October 2016
    They maybe do too much damage but anyone should be able to use them easily.

Let's not have another BF4 where any half-decent pilot is unkillable...

That will never be the Case in BF1 because

1. They do not have the Fire Power of an BF3/BF4 Aircraft which could shoot from 1km away
    2. There are 3 different Aircrafts

There is a a bomber or attack plane kicking your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on the ground ? Well just pick a Fighter with Anti Bomber Setup and shredd them in like 2 Seconds. No uber flying Skills needed just a little bit aim.

And even if this is too much for you... Well than get rid of your tank and take an anti aircraft vehicle in the base and shredd the aircraft to death. It's never been so easy in a BF Title to shoot down good Pilots...

• SexxyNurse
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TOO OP imo
This discussion has been closed.