Is the AA Gun OP

Comments

• tigros40208
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why does noone mention a very simple counter to an AA gun? Have a ground team take out the shooter!
    Woah don't being throwing that logic in here? lol

That said most AA placements are either very exposed or have a limited field of fire. At least form what I have seen in operations. Most of the time getting in one is a death sentence cause as soon as you fire snipers are gunning for your head.

• PinkAnarchist
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also, while they have a great reach, the projectiles still have travel time. So as long as you are not flying a straight line towards/away from the AA gun, whoever is hitting you has to put in the effort to aim properly ahead and predict your movement. Obviously, I'm not a pilot (nor driver - I can't handle vehicles, never could since BF 1942).
  • Nixal1337
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why does noone mention a very simple counter to an AA gun? Have a ground team take out the shooter!

That said most AA placements are either very exposed or have a limited field of fire. At least form what I have seen in operations. Most of the time getting in one is a death sentence cause as soon as you fire snipers are gunning for your head.

Teamplay in Battlefield? No way... Pilots need to dominate maps on their own... (might include sarcasm) ;)
  • TheWalkingDerp
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

There's plenty of AAs that can't be cleared as easily as you said. And on top of that have you ever tried telling your team to please take out that AA? Thing is people just don't care as long as it's not affecting them. For example on Monte Grappa there's an AA close to A, it's a little to the south so you dont directly pass it when you spawn on A or your base. Several times my team held A and had the base on that side and still some enemy would constantly sneak up and sit on the AA while people just ran past him.
    Also, while they have a great reach, the projectiles still have travel time. So as long as you are not flying a straight line towards/away from the AA gun, whoever is hitting you has to put in the effort to aim properly ahead and predict your movement. Obviously, I'm not a pilot (nor driver - I can't handle vehicles, never could since BF 1942).
    No AAs are ridiculously easy to use, sure you gotta lead your shots a little but the blast radius is so big that's not exactly magic.
  • SniperWOLF-G
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    So it's ok when you need Teamwork to kill a single Guy in an AA Gun which you can hop in and out whenever you want and it's also ok that it needs no teamwork at all to shoot down a vehicle with 1-3 people inside (which btw needs quite some time to respawn), in seconds ?

And again it's ok when it needs Teamwork to Kill a Tank but shredding someone in a Plane with just a single guy in an AA Gun is ok ?

I call that double standards if you want team work to kill an AA guy but don't want team work to kill an airplane at all.
  • MarxistDictator
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    That's the cusp of their argument though, they have such a hate-on for pilots that they think they're inflicting some sort of cosmic justice in this game. They have no interest in flying but enjoy the incredible imbalance of air vs ground in this game because they didn't have the skill to deal with aircraft in BF4 (where they are the easiest aircraft to counter of all BF games until this one).

This is also why the quietest murmurs of the AA being op or planes being weak are always met with rabid 'you just want op air!' and 'qq flyboys sucks you cant go 45-1 anymore hahahahh'

Meanwhile the guy in the heavy tank is going 70-0 and is a talentless hack. But super easy super powered armor is just fine, so long as it doesn't fly!
  • Ggballday414
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    More people that shouldn't be flying. leave that up to the professionals.
  • MarxistDictator
    5174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah there's no one left to fit that criteria, you finally got your wish you inept child. Sky's clear and totally unthreatening.

Now you'll just find something else better players are doing to cry about.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/29929/throw-distance-on-nades-still-op#latest

Looks like you already found it.
  • SniperWOLF-G
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Says the dude with little to no flying experience

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

This guy again. Apparently he is the only "professional" around. Just wait, he is going around the servers Chuck Norris perma-killing all the FLAK guns with his super pilot death stare. Then we noobs can all fly happily. /sarcasm off

Its weird though how I have yet to read any post were someone gives a good reason, why the AA should be as powerful as it is now. Maybe there is no rational argument for that at all?
  • MarxistDictator
    It's their victim complex, they think air needs to pay because they constantly got killed by attack helicopters on siege of Shanghai when all they wanted to do was roof camp in peace.
  • TheBaitOne
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The AA is unquestionably over powered, mainly due to the inexplicable automated radar fuse setting. Which is weird considering I'm pretty sure the QF-1pdr didn't ever have airburst ammunition, in fact early rounds wouldn't even burst when striking aircraft canvas.

The simplest solution to this would be a drastic nerf to the range. Unlike BF3 and 4 where jets could launch laser guided weapons across the map or drop JDAMs from very high altitude BF1 features only bombs and cannon as principle ground attack weapons, AA only needs the range to cover objectives within a reasonable area and nothing more.

If you want to cover your tanks, get an AA truck.
  • SniperWOLF-G
    edited October 2016
    Yeah this dude definately must have a BF4 or BF3 trauma. Everything else makes no sense...
    What a big Tragedy... Such a wounded soul.
  • Trokey66
    8980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm so sick of OP AA that I got in a Bomber with a mate last night and got shot down by it once!

It was remarkably easy to ask the other 3 guys in the squad to take out any AA we couldn't, 18 kills as a gunner and Lord knows how many my mate got from bombs later......

But then I hate vehicles and can't fly.....apparently.
  • MarxistDictator
    I'll take 'things that didn't happen' for 500 Alex
  • Ggballday414

lol. I have real flying experience. In the real world. You're going off topic
  • Ggballday414
    You all know that "altitude" is the whole reason planes are worth anything? Does no one understand the concept of "flying"
  • MarxistDictator

Resume your tirade of whining about how far you can throw grenades and how cheap that is.
  • Ggballday414

Resume your tirade of whining about how far you can throw grenades and how cheap that is.

lol jeeze talk about a bunch of uptight noobs mad that someone doesn't want them to cheat
  • SniperWOLF-G
    This "ask your squad mates for destroying AA" argument again... I wish i would have 3 people under my command at any time that will suicide run for me behind enemy lines and kill the AA for me. What a great Solution this... Would be.
This discussion has been closed.