Imagine if they released on reveal.

BadumBattlefield
97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Has there ever been a game that has been released once it was revealed?
That would have been so epic if we got this game right away. But I know they are still working on it but ya.

Comments

• CaptainHawsehole
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fallout 4 was released some 2 months after it was announced... that's about as short a release window as I can think of.
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The Five Nights at Freddy franchise had a tendency to be released spontaneously, almost on the same day as the reveal.

From a marketing point of view, releasing a game on the reveal date is a major mistake. You need to build some crowd for the game before you let it loose.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Avarik wrote: »
    From a marketing point of view, releasing a game on the reveal date is a major mistake. You need to build some crowd for the game before you let it loose.
    Thinking about it... I agree with this.

• 68Keif
    4628 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    [quote="Cryphisss;1867"][quote="Avarik;1660"]From a marketing point of view, releasing a game on the reveal date is a major mistake. You need to build some crowd for the game before you let it loose. [/quote]
    Thinking about it... I agree with this.

[/quote]

Indeed