Never Seen this Many Noobs

Comments

• Magic_Pepee
    378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i don't see how some newbs throwing nades at a tank is a complaint. i think that guy was merely making fun of how oblivious some of these people are. and to be honest, it makes the game more fun, for the most part.
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the noobs, sometimes they even make me feel I´m pretty good at this game... And then I run into Ameeba...
  • Maddayz
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Unexperienced who wants to learn the game and knows how to use the chat ≠ Noob
    The real noobs are those lvl 100+ who suck at the game and only spam explosives because it's the only way for them to get any kills. They might occasionally use an actual gun, but when they do, it's usually a saiga with frags.
  • Trokey66
    8069 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ben8D8over wrote: »
    I like the noobs, sometimes they even make me feel I´m pretty good at this game... And then I run into Ameeba...

I know that feels all to well!

I call Hax.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "Funny that you mention that because i recently picked up the game since it was on sale and yet I and many other "noobs" perform better than many lvl 100+ i've seen."

I've seen a lot of these $5.00 "noobs" at the top of the scoreboard, they obviously have plenty of experience in other games and are doing just fine.

Some people have a need to sneer, maybe they are bullied at school or something, so they act like new players in an online game are lesser beings than themselves. I prefer to take the view that these new BF4 players will keep the servers up and running for some time to come, so welcome aboard.

The 5$ noobs are not at the top of the scoreboard....those are guys with second accounts. You can be a God in COD but playing BF will make you humble.
  • Darizuka
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    "Funny that you mention that because i recently picked up the game since it was on sale and yet I and many other "noobs" perform better than many lvl 100+ i've seen."

I've seen a lot of these $5.00 "noobs" at the top of the scoreboard, they obviously have plenty of experience in other games and are doing just fine.

Some people have a need to sneer, maybe they are bullied at school or something, so they act like new players in an online game are lesser beings than themselves. I prefer to take the view that these new BF4 players will keep the servers up and running for some time to come, so welcome aboard.

The 5$ noobs are not at the top of the scoreboard....those are guys with second accounts. You can be a God in COD but playing BF will make you humble.

"I am the Iron Sheikh, And I'll make you Humble!" - Iron Sheikh.
  • keeohtay
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    khalid_kib wrote: »
    and they are brutally bad at playing the game.

Funniest thing is when those noobs start throwing grenades at my tank !

Some noob literally stood on top of my tank , threw a grenade, shot his pistol at my tank, and then got a sabot shell to his face lol !

I took out plenty of tanks with my Unica or grenade. Of course I happen to place a land mine on or near by the tank. I wonder what they thought when the Unica/grenade came up as the kill weapon. Well guns don't set off the land mines anymore but grenades still do.

There have been a few times when thats all I had, a 2-3 bullets in my hand gun or a grenade and no one dropping ammo - maybe I'll try knifing a tank next time I run out of ammo (I never seem to remember I could pick up the enemies kit)
  • CosmicStriker
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i think it's great way to breath life into the game other than giving it away for free, when GWG had Bad Company 2 for free , there were a lot more new players.
  • MAILBOMB
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maddayz wrote: »
    Those noobs are no different than the thousands of lvl100+ noobs i see every round.

Yah your the bomb get a grip loser
  • MAILBOMB
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Couldn't agree more:)
  • LGBTrump
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Learn the difference between a newb and a noob.
  • Maddayz
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    MAILBOMB wrote: »
    Maddayz wrote: »
    Those noobs are no different than the thousands of lvl100+ noobs i see every round.

Yah your the bomb get a grip loser

d0703a9188ee9042243e8f3290746621.png

Thanks for proving my point.
  • MightyJasperr
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Servers are filled with them. In the last round, I was probably the only player that is level 100+. I guess all the newcomers are here because of the $5 deal.

$20 for Premium, I don't see the point in buying the Basic if you can get 70 battlepacks and 12 maps for $15 more.

Anyways, everyone has to start somewhere, even you started as a level 1 in the past. Yes, new players are not necessarily the best, but you have to give them a chance.

I just started playing BF4 today, but don't know the maps good enough to make good use of it, so instead I play as a Medic who sits back a bit and constantly heals and revives. So far, I don't think I did bad, and I noticed other new players on my team doing the same, simply because it's helpful for your team and you can get XP and learn the game/maps without dieing constantly.

What I'm trying to say is that one can't say all noobs/newcomers are bad, and even if some are bad, the better approach is to help them understand the game so they are more useful for your team. That may take some time, but in the end it rewards them with more knowledge about the maps and the game mechanics, which makes them a better asset for your team.
  • parkingbrake
    3119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "The 5$ noobs are not at the top of the scoreboard....those are guys with second accounts. You can be a God in COD but playing BF will make you humble."

Some are without doubt second accounts. But some of them are new players, I've talked with some of them and they just bought BF4 for the first time because it is so cheap. They've played other shooters, so their learning curve isn't as steep and they are doing well. New players will help keep BF4 alive longer, so I'm glad to see them.
  • xROLLIN_STON3x
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Teams are pretty bad at the min, so many 5-600 ticket tdm on conquest rounds.
  • scrappy-_-coco0
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just went 28-2 on domination. Next round 34-4
    The round after that 32-3...
    I like it, it's a legitimate way to boost K/D :smiley:
  • also-ran-uk
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    I'll put my hands up as a noob that is completely new to Battlefield. I love the idea of a WW1 shooter, have been looking for a new on-line multiplayer game & have been impressed with the gameplay featured at E3.

Consequently, I have decided to purchase BF1 ready for launch in October.

I am a mature [aged 48] gamer, who plays on the PS4. Although I have played games off and on since my teens, my first experience of on-line gaming was though only last year when I purchased Star Wars Battlefront. As I fully expected, I completely & utterly sucked when I started. But I knew if I simply put in the practice, learned the mechanics and maps then I would improve. After starting with leaving a K/D ratio of 0.38 and an average of 3 kills per match, I managed [after 200hours of play] to move my overall kill ratio into the black and was averaging and generally contribute something to my team.

The lack of content had me in search of another third-parrson [which was how I played Battlefront] shooter and in March I jumped onto The Division. I am still enjoying this game; but play it exclusively as a PVE co-op game.

As a mature gamer, I am never going to have the reflexes of those much younger than me; but strategy / objective based games, will hopefully help reduce that disadvantage a little. Hence my interest in Battlefield.

Not wanting to enter BF1 completely cold, I have recently taken advantage of the fact that BF4 was on sale $5 and decided to use it help learn the core elements of the Battlefield series. I estimate I have approx. 120-200 hours worth of available gaming time on BF4 to get to grips with the mechanics of both a FPS and Battlefield in particular, before BF1 launches.

As with my entry into Battlefront, the first three hours of play - even on the newbie servers - have been a flurry of deaths that have come in every shape & form. So after nine games I stand at 13 kills & 71 deaths.

I am loving my initial foray into the game; but the really frightening part is that there seem to be a host of other players who are ranked 1 to 10; but who are producing some very scary numbers!

The top three on my team in my last game of Rush were:

1) Rank 8 - 61 kills / 27 death / score = 12,534.
    2) Rank 6 - 23 kills / 12 deaths / score = 10,149
    3) Rank 4 - 59 kills / 35 deaths / score = 9,589.

I am praying they have experience of this or other FPS games; or I am in for a very long painful learning curve.

I am currently trying my hand at the support role; and generally following my squad leader if he looks as though he knows what he is doing.

Finally, I am devouring youtube videos in order to get to grips with the game a little.

In summary...be nice to the noobs! ;)
    Post edited by also-ran-uk on
  • Ben8D8over
    940 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @also-ran-uk
    Welcome to the game m8
    As a mature gamer myself (45) coming from 0,36 KD I know exactly what you are going through :)
    Those low ranks scoring well are most likely experienced players using a new account.
    It took me a while to get mediocre at this game, and now I love it, and hopefully, so will you one day.

I watched youtube and I took some good advice from this website here :
    http://www.respawnless.com/

See ya on the Battlefield !!
  • mckrackin5324
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    and they are brutally bad at playing the game.

Funniest thing is when those noobs start throwing grenades at my tank !

Some noob literally stood on top of my tank , threw a grenade, shot his pistol at my tank, and then got a sabot shell to his face lol !

Do you get c4'd a lot?

I was wondering that too. lol
    Why do you let someone stand on your tank? I suck and know better than that.hahaha

Playing guys...I keed,I keed...
  • khalid_kib
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll put my hands up as a noob that is completely new to Battlefield. I love the idea of a WW1 shooter, have been looking for a new on-line multiplayer game & have been impressed with the gameplay featured at E3.

Consequently, I have decided to purchase BF1 ready for launch in October.

I am a mature [aged48] gamer, who plays on the PS4. Although I have played games off and on since my teens, my first experience of on-line gaming was though only last year when I purchased Star Wars Battlefront. As I fully expected, I completely & utterly sucked when I started. But I knew if I simply put in the practice, learned the mechanics and maps then I would improve. After starting with leaving a K/D ratio of 0.38 and an average of 3 kills per match, I managed [after 200hours of play] to move my overall kill ratio into the black and was averaging and generally contribute something to my team.

The lack of content had me in search of another third-parrson [which was how I played Battlefront] shooter and in March I jumped onto The Division. I am still enjoying this game; but play it exclusively as a PVE co-op game.

As a mature gamer, I am never going to have the reflexes of those much younger than me; but strategy / objective based games, will hopefully help reduce that disadvantage a little. Hence my interest in Battlefield.

Not wanting to enter BF1 completely cold, I have recently taken advantage of the fact that BF4 was on sale $5 and decided to use it help learn the core elements of the Battlefield series. I estimate I have approx. 120-200 hours worth of available gaming time on BF4 to get to grips with the mechanics of both a FPS and Battlefield in particular, before BF1 launches.

As with my entry into Battlefront, the first three hours of play - even on the newbie servers - have been a flurry of deaths that have come in every shape & form. So after nine games I stand at 13 kills & 71 deaths.

I am loving my initial foray into the game; but the really frightening part is that there seem to be a host of other players who are ranked 1 to 10; but who are producing some very scary numbers!

The top three on my team in my last game of Rush were:

1) Rank 8 - 61 kills / 27 death / score = 12,534.
    2) Rank 6 - 23 kills / 12 deaths / score = 10,149
    3) Rank 4 - 59 kills / 35 deaths / score = 9,589.

I am praying they have experience of this or other FPS games; or I am in for a very long painful learning curve.

I am currently trying my hand at the support role; and generally following my squad leader if he looks as though he knows what he is doing.

Finally, I am devouring youtube videos in order to get to grips with the game a little.

In summary...be nice to the noobs! ;)

Welcome to Battlefield !

Battlefield is hands down the best multiplayer experience you will ever find. The large scale battles, the large maps, the vehicles, the team work - all make this franchise very unique.

As for the "Noobs" that are doing well on the scoreboard, I think many of them are experienced Battlefielders who have second accounts or who have played previous Battlefield titles.

Don't worry too much about your K/D in Battlefield. Battlefield is different then other shooters; there is certainly more emphasis on teamplay, objective play and winning rather than going solely for the kills.