Snap-to-target Auto Aim

NatsuTerran
170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited September 2016
Why is this still in the game on consoles? I thought everyone universally agreed that this was a horrible addition to BF4 and should die in a fire. Console players didn't need snap auto aim in BF3 or BC2. Especially now with the greater sensitivity options, kontrol freaks, and so on, it has become much easier to somewhat bridge the gap between console aim control and PC. It's always one step forward and a giant leap back it seems. We got FoV options on console, great! But we are still plagued by other features that just serve to dumb the game down that were never needed in the past.

Comments

• SonahhJudah
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Gotta please the 7 and 30 yr olds who cant aim.
  • tokuMi
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Hey I'm a 32 year old fps veteran and you bet your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I can aim. Age hasn't effected my reaction time or coordination one bit. And I should know a thing or two about hand eye coordination and reaction time - I played quake 3 at a high level for about 13 years.
  • bobafrost1982
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm 34... I hate it. It's your generation that added it.
  • KenMastersESFF
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The snap aim or (aim assist auto rotation as its known) is just a terrible addition to the game... the majority of players I have spoken to have said they would rather not have it in the game so why are they forcing it upon us?... who actually wants this??
  • jigglyjames29
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'm in my 70s. I can't go to the bathroom by myself but I have no problem aiming.
  • FORSAKEN_ESF
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I'm 35, I made a thread about this very topic, please man we came from a generation of gamers who played doom! and I don't want aim assist
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm in my 70s. I can't go to the bathroom by myself but I have no problem aiming.
    Oh man lol :lol:
  • PeterLA69
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I believe these complaints about aim assist are from snipers. There is nothing wrong or over powered about aim assist.
  • bobafrost1982
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I believe these complaints about aim assist are from snipers. There is nothing wrong or over powered about aim assist.

I think it's giving snipers an advantage. They just have to be about an inch from a play on screen with their sites and scope in and shoot. The reticle aims right for the chest when you do this.
    Edit- also it's not aim assist it's snap aiming. It's in the controls above aim assist.
  • KenMastersESFF
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Hahaha brilliant!