The EA/DICE Saga Continues...

EXILE157
204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 2016
I see more negative than positive comments with BF1..and I'm not one bit surprised about it.

@ the time BF3 was a very promising and a future proof game with so much room to expand!.... BF4 is still a very promising and a future proof game with so much room to expand!....

For the past 2 years EA/DICE are so freakin' focus in throwing out new FPS console style gaming! with their new Strategic Advertising $$$$ plan by Hyping, Pre-Order, Beta Access and now adding Celebrities to Lan Parties!

Instead EA/DICE should be focusing on BF4! There's so much room to expand the game like >>> (BF2 AIX Mod did in the past) >>> EA/DICE can Modify everything on BF4 plus Maps. Make it look like WWII, Vietnam, Korean War, Gulf War, etc...

One would think' that by NOW! EA/DICE has learn from previous HardLine and BattleFront and now it seems like BF1 is part of the FkUp's!
Post edited by EXILE157 on

Comments

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's also possible that the people that are enjoying it are playing it and not ranting on internet forums.
  • EXILE157
    204 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's also possible that the people that are enjoying it are playing it and not ranting on internet forums.

Still....there's too many negative feedback's from players. I haven't played the game so I can't say if it's good or bad, but it does look like it's focused on a "console joystick style" and not "BF4 Mechanics" if that makes any sense to you?....I'm like 60/40 in probably not buying the game, what's holding me back is the consistent feedback's about it's like playing (Hardline and Battlefront) and I got my refund on those two.

Will see what happens.
  • Cyberlife
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    EXILE157 wrote: »
    I haven't played the game so I can't say if it's good or bad,

and there is your problem - try the game, make up your own mind. Forums inherently attract people who complain about something, very rarely do you see the masses coming to the forums saying how good something is.
  • infern0warrior
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not so much complaining its more wanting to get what we always promised and then come delivery time nothing.
    We seen so many other DRMs do this pre order seems to be more important than end product these companies race to get their games on the market and when
    games give feedback it tends to fall of deaf ears.

I agree with Exile to a point.

I have All the Battlefield series and have played numerous hours on all them Im not complaining because I love BF series regardless but I would just like
    the devs for once to take our feedback into consideration and actually finish a game.
  • AresDamokles
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I just played the Beta and after 10 Minutes deinstalled it. And i m definitefly not buying the game. That is not BF. Its rubbish and looks and feels like a console game not an FPS shooter. Yes the Server Browser is back in the game where it belongs. But otherwise? Total failure.
  • EXILE157
    Cyberlife wrote: »
    I haven't played the game so I can't say if it's good or bad,

and there is your problem - try the game, make up your own mind. Forums inherently attract people who complain about something, very rarely do you see the masses coming to the forums saying how good something is.
    Not entirely true. The overall complaints started since BF3 and we all can't be in denial knowing for a fact EA/DICE fked up especially in handling the situation and that continued into BF4. I'll be waiting for BF5 and see from there, I speak as a veteran of BF Series. I don't have to play a game to know if it's good or not, there's plenty of reviews and video feeds from true honest gamer's and not fanboys.
    Its not so much complaining its more wanting to get what we always promised and then come delivery time nothing.
    We seen so many other DRMs do this pre order seems to be more important than end product these companies race to get their games on the market and when

I have All the Battlefield series and have played numerous hours on all them Im not complaining because I love BF series regardless but I would just like
    the devs for once to take our feedback into consideration and actually finish a game.
    Thank You for that response and I totally agree.

• EXILE157
    I just played the Beta and after 10 Minutes deinstalled it. And i m definitefly not buying the game. That is not BF. Its rubbish and looks and feels like a console game not an FPS shooter. Yes the Server Browser is back in the game where it belongs. But otherwise? Total failure.
    That's what I focus on early BF style FPS and not today's console gaming. My family and friends have more of a negative feedback compared to positive feedback, again I will see down the line maybe at a holiday price drop.

• scruffycavetroll
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm sitting on the deluxe edition right now. Actually ordered the 80 one, cancelled, ordered that again, cancelled, then got the ultimate (the one with the season pass). So I have a month and a half or so to decide whether or not to keep that.

BF 3/4 I enjoyed immensely. Hardline, stopped after a couple of weeks, Battlefront, a few days. Those two games, had uber potential but fell so far short of ever meeting that. So now we're at BF1, a WW1 themed BF game.

I thought BF1 was better than Hardline & Battlefront but slightly. Hardline was pushed out too quickly after 4 and just looked and felt like a reskin. Battlefront, capitalized solely on the license, and was also a shadow of the Battlefront we played years ago.

BF1 has more in common with Battlefront & Hardline than 3 or 4. I also think this map they used for BF1 (Sinai) put a lot of people off being a sniper map mostly.

I'm not playing any shooters at the moment and I did come around a little on BF1, but they really need to make some changes.
  • Diik-Dastardly
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I see more negative than positive comments with BF1..and I'm not one bit surprised about it.

@ the time BF3 was a very promising and a future proof game with so much room to expand!.... BF4 is still a very promising and a future proof game with so much room to expand!....

For the past 2 years EA/DICE are so freakin' focus in throwing out new FPS console style gaming! with their new Strategic Advertising $$$$ plan by Hyping, Pre-Order, Beta Access and now adding Celebrities to Land Parties!

Instead EA/DICE should be focusing on BF4! There's so much room to expand the game like >>> (BF2 AIX Mod did in the past) >>> EA/DICE can Modify everything on BF4 plus Maps. Make it look like WWII, Vietnam, Korean War, Gulf War, etc...

One would think' that by NOW! EA/DICE has learn from previous HardLine and BattleFront and now it seems like BF1 is part of the FkUp's!

Its forums. You are always going to hear more negative than positive. In general people like to complain and someone to validate the displeasure with it. The people who post positive comments will get trolled by all the nay sayers. I think the game needs balancing for sure but I would prefer this over any "modern aged" shooter anyday.
  • HALCONX4
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Let me ask you ..... So what are you doing here?

Go play and have fun :) forget about this forums or post something positive.

You are ranting, becasue of his personal opinion about feedback, you are nothing more than an offensive TROLL.

regards

I'm sitting on the deluxe edition right now. Actually ordered the 80 one, cancelled, ordered that again, cancelled, then got the ultimate (the one with the season pass). So I have a month and a half or so to decide whether or not to keep that.

BF 3/4 I enjoyed immensely. Hardline, stopped after a couple of weeks, Battlefront, a few days. Those two games, had uber potential but fell so far short of ever meeting that. So now we're at BF1, a WW1 themed BF game.

I thought BF1 was better than Hardline & Battlefront but slightly. Hardline was pushed out too quickly after 4 and just looked and felt like a reskin. Battlefront, capitalized solely on the license, and was also a shadow of the Battlefront we played years ago.

BF1 has more in common with Battlefront & Hardline than 3 or 4. I also think this map they used for BF1 (Sinai) put a lot of people off being a sniper map mostly.

I'm not playing any shooters at the moment and I did come around a little on BF1, but they really need to make some changes.

I agree with you in that one.

cheers
  • iColts
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member

I'm sure all devs would love to finish a game so its completely playable and has no major issues. But the publishers tend to force them to release on this date and literally nothing the devs can do about it. As long as it is playable their hand will be forced. At least in DICE case if and when this happens they tend to fix the game fairly quickly after it releases.
  • St3Cro
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm also not a enjoying this bf ... played every bf from day 1 .. and I wont be getting this one tbh ... I'm happy with Squad for my shooter needs. . . . looks very pretty but the gameplay is bab

had a giggle at the comment above about DICE fixing things quickly ... ah well..

• KC-STALKER
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

For the past 2 years EA/DICE are so freakin' focus in throwing out new FPS console style gaming! with their new Strategic Advertising $$$$ plan by Hyping, Pre-Order, Beta Access and now adding Celebrities to Land Parties!

I've about 2000hrs on bf3 and even with the bugs its better that all the **** games they have made afterwards... I agree with you and I'm totally over this rubbish. Dice you took one step forward with bf3 and 10 steps back thereon afterwards... I won't be buying another **** game off you until you do as the gamers ask!!! "stop putting money first"
  • Blakkspider776
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iColts wrote: »

I'm sure all devs would love to finish a game so its completely playable and has no major issues. But the publishers tend to force them to release on this date and literally nothing the devs can do about it. As long as it is playable their hand will be forced. At least in DICE case if and when this happens they tend to fix the game fairly quickly after it releases.

It's officially a tradition for DICE to release a unfinished game and fix it 1 or 2 years later and Bf1 it's not the exception, they'll nerf tanks, tweak some weapons, change the m com stations in rush, etc. By the time they finish all the patches they'll be announcing the next battlefield game.
  • HugoFlounder1
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have over 5500 hours on BC2 skipped BF3 and bought BF4. I have BF1 beta and it feels like BF4 a different skin. Should have used BC2 maps and expanded into WW1. I quit playing BF4 because it's garbage. So far BF1 looks and feels like garbage with deodorant.
  • St3Cro
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited September 2016
    all that it seems to me is .. they made star wars and that looked pretty .. instead of putting in the graft for a new title they have use most the SW textures and run with the new ww1 models...the beta map feels like its a backdrop for a SW scene apart the models etc

as iv stated earlier graphical wise they have hit the nail on the head .. the models through out the game are great but yet again and I know its a beta the bugs are bad ... surely you would want to be running an open beta to lure ppl into buying the product along side helping out with feedback, but yet again with this ea/dice product every time I try to play the beta it puts me off that much more
  • KC-STALKER
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have over 5500 hours on BC2 skipped BF3 and bought BF4. I have BF1 beta and it feels like BF4 a different skin. Should have used BC2 maps and expanded into WW1. I quit playing BF4 because it's garbage. So far BF1 looks and feels like garbage with deodorant.

Give bf3 a go and you will see they were heading in the right direction - then some bright spark says "hey lets screw this up completely"
  • thesolomongrundy
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2016
    (1) LEAVE! isnt this kind of like complaining about a restaurant, then going back every Friday to that same restaurant? then also when that restaurant opens a new restaurant you go to that... and to every other opening of that restaurant chain, the whole time telling everyone how much you hate it? after a while those listening realize its you, not the restaurant...

(2) WAIT! my experience in all games since i started in 1986 is that clever gamers wait. always wait. [this defeats the whole Sid Meier Civilization empire -- waiting a year or two then buying the whole package for like 75% off]. wait, always wait for price and release improvements. fools chase bleeding edge and like a fool waiting outside the apple store for a new iphone, one only gains bragging rights (or in this case those unemployed folks that put 8 hours a day into BF and sprint higher in rank promotion* from day one, hour one; for example in bf1 beta on the second day i saw a guy like level 32!) but here is what i guarantee to all of you: this game will be better 12 months after release. dlc's. patches, game feedback integration, etc. all make the game a completely different experience later.... 12 months plus later. me and the fellas hated 2142, now its our old school favorite. some of it is getting used to a new beast, but almost always the game catches up a year later. i still play 2142 and BF1942 Secret Weapons today (check both out, hosted privately!).

(3) LOOK UP ONLINE FOR "EA PROFITS" i dont blame dice/ea, rather i blame anyone that pre-orders. that is pissing your money away and reinforces the money over the responsibility of the developers to deliver a viable product. blows my mind someone would hand ea pre-order $ (on steam you get 'Early Access' which is a different thing, more like kickstarter for smaller dev's but NOTE ea doesn't need your money folks!!!!!).. EA isnt about you, they are about maximizing profits for shareholders as a public company and hope to achieve that through game delivery. ea wins everytime a new version gets published in their sports franchises. nobody comes into ea thinking how can i make that one guy happy, the one guy that said on the forum we suck... i want to know where is my Maxis development team from SimCity - gone because ea isnt about one of the longest running games, but because it didnt make enough money. ea is a machine.... as a matter of fact i am still marveled at the open stock prices of all these folks considering in 1986 it was called foolish. i hate to state the obvious but microtransactions and other death-by-papercuts for fanboys all reinforce the profitability of making games. its being rigged against us as the money dominates over the experience, and as long as fools charge $80 for pre-order why care if you are ea?

(4) USER SUPPORT LEVELS PLUMMET OVER TIME... bf2 got basically abandoned by the user group upon two fantastic DLC releases (man o man i miss those maps from Euro Force and Armored Fury but note i never, ever, saw more than like 50 people playing it). so the irony is that a couple years after release ea is hating the money drop, and its all about profit. in those years we have accumulated a better user group, awesome mods (missed post BF2), and game improvements RIGHT AT THE SAME time most fickle folks move on the next big thing... like the pre-order hype folks that make developers say "why push any further, we already hit our sales goal?".

STOP PRE-ORDERING? make the developers earn your dollars, imho. this game will be great in 2018, and i can hear the EA CFO crying at me the whole time i wait...
  • thesolomongrundy
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    <<begin paste>>

"The extra content business is $1.3 billion a year. Half of that is roughly our Ultimate Team business"

Electronic Arts
    ea.com

The Ultimate Team modes in EA's FIFA, Madden and NHL franchises are now earning around $650 million in annual revenue - half of all sales generated by the extra digital content released to accompany the publisher's games.

Speaking at a Morgan Stanley investor conference, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen detailed the role of digital content and commerce in the improving the company's performance. Jorgensen broke the digital side of EA's business into discrete parts, of which he considered extra content and DLC the most important.

"We've been a leader in driving digital extra content for games, which really drives the profitability of this business," he said. That extra content includes products like a Season Pass for Star Wars Battlefront, say, or map-packs for the Battlefield series, but the biggest contributor - by far - is Ultimate Team.

First introduced with the long-running FIFA series, Ultimate Team is now a key part of the Madden and NFL franchises, too. A retrospective glance back at the EA's financial reports reveals clear indicators of rapid growth, but the company has generally presented that information in terms of percentages - 82 per cent year-on-year in at the end of calendar 2014, for example, or 64 per cent year-on-year in Q2 of the current fiscal year.

For Morgan Stanley's investors, though Jorgensen was more forthcoming about just how valuable Ultimate Team has become to EA's digital business. "The extra content business is a billion-three [$1.3 billion] a year," he said. "Half of that is roughly our Ultimate Team business."

That's equivalent to $650 million in annual revenue, in addition to the revenue generated from units sales of the full games. Assessed in the context of the last fiscal year's results, Ultimate Team would account for almost 30 per cent of EA's record $2.23 billion digital revenue.

Jorgensen also revealed that EA's mobile business is now worth $650 million in annual revenue, substantially higher than the record $524 million it earned in the last fiscal year.

<<end paste>>

so folks if you want to break the system, wait... you risk a lower user base but i suggest it becomes a better user base. until they firesale the game like bf4 for $5. now in bf4 we have dont-care-noobs OR level 140s that need a life... EA is telling you its about the DLC. do a game 80% then pretend that last 20% is DLC. works like a charm!
  • Firemanno3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I can say I have played BF through the series, BF3 IMO had by far the best single player and co-op I've played in an FPS. BF4 to this day I still play and love, then BFH was coming I did the Beta and dear did I hate it. Then the atrocity that is know as SW:BF came. I did the stupid and pre-ordered with all the "future" expansions. I think I made it to the first added content not even the promised DLC before I uninstalled that POS. So lesson learned and no more pre-order. I almost pre-ordered because it was Battlefield, but sticking to my guns I waited until the Beta. Glad I did as this game is an exact skin of battlefront. it is such a disappointment and departure from what battlefield played and felt like. I feared this would be the path after BFH but with the poor following I would have expected EA/Dice to take note. I see this is more of a cash grab than an attempt to make something truly epic. Too bad as I would have loved to purchase this game but there isn't a shred of it worth my hard earned money.