No PC Collector's Edition...Seriously??

Charliezinhu
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
edited May 2016
Today I was looking for info about BF1, and found that a collector's edition is already on preorder on amazon (tried to post the link but it doesn't allow me yet, just search for Battlefield 1 on amazon dot com)
However...as you can see, PC option is greyed...why?
I believe that EA/DICE own us, the PC comunity a lot, since BF started and always was supported for the PC community, so why can't do this CE available to us too?
EA loves Origin i know, but they can easily put a dvd and a serial number to redeem on Origin and that's it! it is too hard to do? :neutral:
Post edited by Charliezinhu on

Comments

• S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    More evidence of a console focused game. RIP Battlefield.
  • D3FCON-AU
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's funny you mention that because console sales are down for the first time in years. and the PC Component industry is on the up-rise for the first time in years. Consoles have 1 - 2 years left and then the PC will be again the leader in Gaming users. The reason the hit consoles mostly is it costs less in time to develop and less to manage/repair. The Devs are becoming Blind and in the END will just come back to the PC market without sales and the companies will fall apart and Die, Then as it usually does the devs will split from current companies. build there own or join others and the games will rebuild for PC in a way we want it. just will take some time. BF4 was great for PC as was 3 and the previous. the Cars/jeeps however were terrible ports. but anyway. I am sure BF4 will be great and i bet they make a tonne more on people like myself buying upgrades/kits and weapon packs. As well as premium upgrade etc..
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well most PC players buy digital.So it wouldnt be profitable to make CE foe PC
  • Charliezinhu
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I really hope that this situation changes in time, and prove me wrong, I agree that most of the games are now on digital, but there's still people like me that likes to collect special editions, that you can show on your shelf and be proud of it.
  • jaydog32
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I am thinking of buying the "Collectors Edition" on xbox or playstation even though I ONLY play on PC. I really want to turn the pigeon tube into a necklace and rock that thing around town, all while wearing the poster as a cape and carrying the figurine in tow. Maybe I can sell the game to a console player.
  • m1k3ol
    802 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 2016
    it seems to be marked as "out of order", not as it not being existent
  • Coltlol
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I wanted to purchase the collectors or deluxe version the game. Now as it seems there is none available. Is it only digital this year for PC players?
  • Carbonic
    967 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited May 2016
    I would probably just wait a bit and see what pops up :) Whats out there to buy now is very limited.
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • Carbonic
    967 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You can also not find it on any other stores yet. The offers and different options for buying the game is most likely not rolled out completely yet and if you wait a bit. Getting disappointed this early seems silly at least :)
  • Reconpilot001
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    i'm hoping for metal box edition myself !
  • Charliezinhu
    edited May 2016
    > @Carbonic said:
    > You can also not find it on any other stores yet. The offers and different options for buying the game is most likely not rolled out completely yet and if you wait a bit. Getting disappointed this early seems silly at least :)

Yes, I know it's early to really know the options to choose, but it's really anoying to see a presentation of a game and a "console exclusive" to a game that has been supported by the PC community for so many time.

Anyway, checked today and all things refered to BF1 on amazon just disappeared...hope they return with all the options, let's just wait and see :)

Edit: ignore the last part, the Amazon offer is back, and it continues the same, waiting time I guess
  • TimelordSloth
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    > @BadcuzTremysaid said:
    > Well most PC players buy digital.So it wouldnt be profitable to make CE foe PC

Not profitable to just throw in a PC copy of the game in the box?
  • Red_Spider
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Live QA, Battlefield V
    Merging these two threads together.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    I was debating on buying it for PC, and once I saw it wasn't a thing, I guess my choice was made
  • T0TALfps
    415 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V
    Hang tight.
  • Nok2rnal
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Absolutely need a BF1 collector's edition for PC!

Make it happen EA!
  • LacedUpFormal
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I went ahead and pre-ordered the collectors edition for the One.. but getting it on PC too. Sad that they didn't bring it to PC :(
  • Sgt-Tony-2-Tubes
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Game is selling collectors edition for xbox and ps, on twitter when asked if it will be released for pc they said "stay tuned for info on battlefield 1 ce on pc" not a deffo yes or no, just keep an eye on Game
  • Charliezinhu
    Game is selling collectors edition for xbox and ps, on twitter when asked if it will be released for pc they said "stay tuned for info on battlefield 1 ce on pc" not a deffo yes or no, just keep an eye on Game

This seems like good news (or actually better than stay quiet about it) let's just wait and see
  • Sir-xer21
    1890 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    they probably needed to test demand since so few people buy physical copies anymore.