BF1 Servers - Thread for discussion of server rentals and settings*

Comments

• staRS-SirBob
    1234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why preordre and loose money, when you can wait and see. Getting a few days earlier playing cant be the answer i hope. Wait a few Weeks after release and see how it all works out. No need to get frustrated from Day 1.
  • DurtySonuva
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yep, already sent a tweet to @Dice and @Ea_Dice... no reply though. And I agree, they're only waiting to lessen the damage they know is coming. Even though this is the single largest thread on these forums (for pc and news), I don't think it matters, since as one person pointed out, their mind has clearly been made for quite some time. They know exactly what they are doing, or not in this case. No amount of *****ing or moaning from us (albeit obviously warranted), is going to change the timing of their release of information to us. And no amount of *****ing or moaning (again 100% warranted), is going to change the decision they have already made. So all we can do is hope their decision is in favor of us being able to manage the smacktards on our server(s). I will say though, that since there are quite a few large communities here, and I'm sure for those not represented they have the exact same feeling as us, that if their decision is not favorable, it will massively impact at least server rentals. So we at least have that going for us... but I doubt that makes any difference at all on future iterations of this game. Crappy.
  • WITTY74
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They need to release the info now. Delaying the release of information now just screams shameless cash grab. The longer they wait the less chance people will have to cancel their pre-order and the more likely the negative information wont hurt sales.

Personally i would like to see everyone on here that cares about this game on PC go out and start messaging the devs on Twitter and any public source we have. Be polite and respectful but we need to let them know this isn't ok and that we need to know whats going on before we give them our money.

Talk with your wallet....I've cancelled my pre-order as have a lot of others....Hopefully they may realise there is a problem if everyone hands them the game back and then look into it....they are in it for the money nothing else
  • Reverend-1313
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I've purchased every BF game except Hardline (because it was a dumpster fire). I even convinced some of my console (special friends) to buy BF on console, so i'm a pretty diehard BF fan...been playing from the start good old 1942. If they go the route we all think they are i wont be buying it. I always play on HardCore rule sets and refuse to play on official servers because they are always complete hacker (invisible kill everyone in 1 shot like the beta hackers) and malcontent Cesspools.

I just want to be able to continue to find a few good servers with great admins and play on those servers. No crazy rule sets, just Hard Core and properly moderated by admins who perma ban the hackers.

I don't understand peoples argument against server administration. I know people get bent out of shape for servers with whacky rules...just dont join those servers...We dont force administered servers on everyone so why should Un-administered servers be forced on us...pretty simple.
  • TML8
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand peoples argument against server administration. I know people get bent out of shape for servers with whacky rules...just dont join those servers...We dont force administered servers on everyone so why should Un-administered servers be forced on us...pretty simple.
    Exactly this.

• TheQue
    285 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2016
    One thing going against this "movement," is the ability to blame any number of issues as the root cause of cancellations.

They changed so much (gun play, mode play, class play, etc...) it is easy for whoever is making the decision to point to any one of a dozen things.

All we can do is keep this thread up and show this has a huge amount of players behind it. I have seen many admins posting here; I would suggest the following.

Talk to your platoon (I am doing so tonight myself) and ask the members to take 5 min to write on this thread their support.

Though this is a large thread, and many of the people "represent" a larger platoon of people, there are not that many unique posters here. Not enough to justify a change from the people on the outside. Just my opinion, but it certainly would not hurt. They do not have to read all of these posts, but a quick reply on support would help the cause. This was my plan for the merged thread I created so it was not muddied and quite clear what was being asked for. Unfortunately, the administrators did not have my same vision. We need to work with what we have at minimum though.

-Ray [TheQue]
  • matsif
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    if I had the information to share I would, you think we like living in limbo anymore than anyone else?

nope.

but we have to wait just the same...

I understand that, didn't mean my post as a pointed attack at you or any on the mod team. you guys as a mod team shouldn't have to answer for the dev team's problems.

even if they give us everything we could ever ask for in terms of server administration at this point, this whole discussion is still yet another black mark for DICE in terms of community relations. if they came out and told us months ago the bad news, then people would be upset but they would at least know. and if the system gives a good amount of control and rcon access and such, then this whole discussion would never even have to happen. leaving everyone in the dark and letting them speculate on rumors and such isn't doing anyone any good.
  • Jurgen_Kappke
    281 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

the thread is asking questions about server rentals, as such I will continue to merge any threads regarding server rentals into one thread. we don't need threads about the same subject (even asking if only part of server control is going to be in, its still related to server rental)

It is far easier to respond to one thread, than having to go searching the forum to answer the same questions in a multitude of threads.

ok..
  • uncbio98
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I have over 3000 hours in BF4, 700 hours in BF3, and over 300 hours in Hardline. I will request a refund and sit out BF1 if they do not allow private administered servers. Simple as that and they need to quit this crap and announce what they are going to do. They already screwed up the Star Wars Battlefront franchise with that crap they gave us last year. EA/DICE you want to get off the worst company's in America list then quit screwing things up.
  • Tireseas
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I don't have much to add outside of what's already been said, but in case DICE is watching this I'd like to echo that gimping private server administrators' ability to maintain community standards and deal with problem children would severely degrade my experience in game and until we get a definite answer one way or the other on it my preorder is cancelled and my purchase of the game is on hold. I have no major issues with EA hosting the servers rather than the GSPs, but the functionality has to be on par if not better than what PC currently offers
  • CoffeeCommando
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    We've gone so far backwards. When 1942 was released - they gave us a separate server binary complete with a remote access tool - they gave us a map editor, an SDK of sorts via the MDT and provided support and updates for all of it.

Fast forward - with recent titles - they took away mod tools - took away private server support - made us go through independent companies and pay monthly fees to their 'partners' and slowly shred away more and more of the ability to customize the server.

Now - there's the possibility that we will have that last thing taken away - no server control at all. EA, UBISOFT and ACTIVISION - the big three have all but destroyed video gaming on PC. Most of the great franchises that we play like Battlefield - were made by regular people who LOVED making games - they made games that they wanted to play - they got bought out by one of these big three and then they just destroy it with pure greed.
  • westyjoe
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    There are many things that frustrate, anger and sadden me about the way this issue is being ignored or not talked about by EA devs/producers/etc. But among the most aggravating is that I actually looked forward to this game coming out and playing it with our clan. I was so excited for the WW1 format, thought the initial trailer was brilliant. The beta was fun and grew on me quite a bit the more I played it (though I would want to try other maps). I would love to say I pre-ordered it and am anxiously awaiting it's release. But no, I cannot. This is because either (1) EA/DICE cannot, no WILL NOT definitively answer this simple question "Will there be rentable servers that users can admin"? or (2) EA/DICE have decided that the answer to that question is "No" (or mostly "no"). I will not play this game when it inevitably will be overrun with hackers as every other game that has taken control from users has gone (see SWBF, CoD, etc). Such a shame, because I really think it could be a great game, one that could have locked the PC community into BF for years to come. I will miss what it could have been.
  • Victor-_-TheStar
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Battlefield 1 will end up like battlefront based on the news i hear about procon and such. Limited admin access and not allow to kick or ban people. How my clan going end up removing trolls like griefers and racists people on the server? And the cheating will be bad if this is true.
  • BEASTUMOFO
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    uncbio98 wrote: »
    I have over 3000 hours in BF4, 700 hours in BF3, and over 300 hours in Hardline. I will request a refund and sit out BF1 if they do not allow private administered servers. Simple as that and they need to quit this **** and announce what they are going to do. They already screwed up the Star Wars Battlefront franchise with that **** they gave us last year. EA/DICE you want to get off the worst company's in America list then quit screwing things up.

If you have not already, please cancel your pre-order. You have up until the day before release. These guys would have released the info already if they weren't going to change it. They MIGHT let you rent a server but it will be under their rules with very little control from procon/rcon if ANY AT ALL. VOTE WITH YOUR MONEY, ITS THE ONLY THING THEY UNDERSTAND.

• Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    If every single person in here started a thread about Server Rental and Server Admin Control (albeit they would all be merged by the mods) I am sure DICE would get the idea how important it is. I have tried reaching out on Twitter and had no luck. Are these forums even read by the Dev's ? I haven't seen a single reply from anyone other than Mods.

I can see a lot of people have cancelled their preorders, as have I. If the news about rentable servers is good, I will definitely buy it, if it is not then sadly the BF franchise will be over for me just like COD was when they removed rentable servers.
  • Px-Progdogg
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Also created a couple of polls, as when you cancel your preorder you don't have the option of giving feedback why you cancelled.

Posted in General Chat - http://www.strawpoll.me/11220712/r (For all platforms)
    Posted in PC Community - http://www.strawpoll.me/11220803/r (For PC ONLY)

Would be good to see where the community stands on this issue of rentable servers.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6097 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Polls aren't allowed via Forum Rules

Dice is making an announcement about servers soon. They are aware of the concerns.
  • Px-Progdogg
    @Rev0verDrive, my bad, didn't realise they weren't allowed.

Feel free to delete mods.

• ElStryfe
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Until that time comes, my pre-order will be canceled. And I'm encouraging everyone that joins my servers to do so as well till we know more.
  • darkelf1
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i've been an admin for 2 different clans/communities and if server renters are not allowed to run the boxes they rent, than there is no point in renting them which means their communities have no reason to buy the game...you really need to spill the beans ea/dice so we know what we are dealing with...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!