BF1 Servers - Thread for discussion of server rentals and settings*

Comments

• impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jodomar wrote: »
    To me this is going backwards. People want more freedom not less, and they are doing exactly the opposite of what the consumer wants. To me, choice is everything. I should have the choice to play on an official server with no rules, or a private server with a ton of rules. I should have to choice to gamble on a adminless-server with a high chance of cheating douchebaggery going on, or the choice to play on a strict admin always one server. The point is, I should have the freedom to choose how I want to play, not have the choice made for me by some bigwig who doesn't have a clue to what players want. I hope some sense of reality comes back to them as I really do want to play bf1, but right now it's looking more like battlefront which was just a terrible, terrible game, and a step backwards, not forwards.

Thank you for these awesome words ! I may add that if someone is going to buy/rent something, we should also have the right to choose what we want . And from what I'm reading about the rental server program from EA this is not possible .

All I can say is express your thoughts with your wallet !
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Flipping a few check boxes on a heavily curated settings page is not customization.
    What exactly are they then? When you flip them on/off they have an effect. They do in fact change the play setting regardless of things being automated or not.
    You can't auto kick, ban, etc for violations. You can't send automated messages to alert players to rules or that they are doing something they shouldn't. You can't build your community. You can't even effectively monitor the status of the server and the players that are on it. This effectively kills all customization and the ability of admins to control players in their servers. This will only have a negative effect on the entire player base and the game overall.

Where are you getting your information? Your comment above comes across as fact. I want to see the proof. No one here knows what options and or features will be available come release.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    Flipping a few check boxes on a heavily curated settings page is not customization.
    What exactly are they then? When you flip them on/off they have an effect. They do in fact change the play setting regardless of things being automated or not.
    You can't auto kick, ban, etc for violations. You can't send automated messages to alert players to rules or that they are doing something they shouldn't. You can't build your community. You can't even effectively monitor the status of the server and the players that are on it. This effectively kills all customization and the ability of admins to control players in their servers. This will only have a negative effect on the entire player base and the game overall.

Where are you getting your information? Your comment above comes across as fact. I want to see the proof. No one here knows what options and or features will be available come release.

If Procon doesn't work with BF1 servers and there is no RCON then what I said is true. It is pretty obvious there will not be an RCON. If there is no automation, there is little or no administration. These are facts.
  • RaRaAv1s
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trouble is Console players will be getting more choice while PC players get shafted, compared to what they are used too.

Say for example the game under sells, on PC, fewer servers are rented, and so forth.
    While Console sells on projected targets, and server rentals are more than expected.
    You can bet your bottom dollar if the next few years they just won't bother with PC anymore, too much hassle and not enough sales, all despite the fact that it's all their own doing.
  • StarscreamUK
    7431 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    pc players get shafted? no, some server owners may feel like that, but the average player (the ones who make up the vast majority of players, won't feel shafted
  • fvmz
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    pc players get shafted? no, some server owners may feel like that, but the average player (the ones who make up the vast majority of players, won't feel shafted

Getting out over your skis again?
  • Braddock512
    1465 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Facts are what was posted in the Blog.
    @S1ngular1ty You continue to post assumptions and label them as facts, with zero details to back you up other than the argument that "If there's no RCON, there's no control." At this point, unless you have 100% proof and evidence (of which you don't, but I'm working on getting actual real information), it's probably best to rephrase your "facts" with "assumptions" or "my opinion".
    You don't have official information because it hasn't been released yet. That's a fact.
    Otherwise, it's conjecture and assumptions.

-Braddock512-
  • Rev0verDrive
    6760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

If Procon doesn't work with BF1 servers and there is no RCON then what I said is true. It is pretty obvious there will not be an RCON. If there is no automation, there is little or no administration. These are facts.

You act as if Procon is the only way to do any of this. You also do not need automation to have a lot of administration capabilities. I don't recall BF1942, BF Vietnam or BF 2 having Procon. I don't even recall your precious 2142 having procon. AND SOMEHOW admins still go the job done quite easily. Clans and Communities thrived. In fact most of the largest communities from 2002 - 2007 mainly used in-game console commands. !kill, !kick, !ban, !nextmap. I explicitly remember having votemap and votekick built directly into the BFV game browser (scoreboard ALT option).
  • S1ngular1ty
    I wasn't saying my assumptions were facts. I specifically said, if there is no automation, then there is little or no administration. This is a fact. It is kind of hard to administrate a server without automated tools. I'll clarify better from here on.
  • Tireseas
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What was in the blog barely qualifies as facts. More an insult really, than anything substantive.
  • GitSum
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016

You act as if Procon is the only way to do any of this. You also do not need automation to have a lot of administration capabilities. I don't recall BF1942, BF Vietnam or BF 2 having Procon. I don't even recall your precious 2142 having procon. AND SOMEHOW admins still go the job done quite easily. Clans and Communities thrived. In fact most of the largest communities from 2002 - 2007 mainly used in-game console commands. !kill, !kick, !ban, !nextmap. I explicitly remember having votemap and votekick built directly into the BFV game browser (scoreboard ALT option).

Ever hear of BF2CC? Based on what you typed - it is evident that you do not know what your talking about...
    http://bf2cc.com/
  • S1ngular1ty
    edited October 2016

I didn't say it was impossible. It is just hard to admin without automation. Unless people these days don't sleep, eat, or function in society I mean. We still have no info on specifying other admins besides the server owner. This just makes automation even more important.
  • GitSum
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    @S1ngular1ty You continue to post assumptions and label them as facts, with zero details to back you up other than the argument that "If there's no RCON, there's no control." At this point, unless you have 100% proof and evidence (of which you don't, but I'm working on getting actual real information), it's probably best to rephrase your "facts" with "assumptions" or "my opinion".
    You don't have official information because it hasn't been released yet. That's a fact.
    Otherwise, it's conjecture and assumptions.

-Braddock512-

@Braddock512 How would moderating this forum be if you didn't have the ability to kick or ban?
  • CptMIFF
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 How would moderating this forum be if you didn't have the ability to kick or ban?[/quote]

- Just send in an report and EA will check it out within 4 weeks, until then we'll just have to hope ;) This reminds me of most games these days. "Oh a cheater? report.. - Wait , wait - not banned yet .. wait 1 week - still not banned .. week 2.. nevermind no ban.. week3 .. no ban , "f*** this game".

touché
  • Braddock512
    1465 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @GitSum - Don't get me wrong. I understand the point. That is why I'm continuing to push for answers to the questions being asked.
    @S1ngular1ty That's all I ask. Thank you.

-Braddock512-
  • kL-SnAjP
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @Braddock512 you know what would be amazing and would seems like there is still some hope? If your world leaders in EA took few questions, even if some "not so important ones" and answer em. Now its obvious that the stalling tactic is on place, couse there is so many questions and "they want to answer em right" and all of em at once ofc :wink:
  • RaRaAv1s
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well, maybe most players directly don't notice much difference.
    But how may they feel a few months down the line, when they have little choice of servers to play on, players stuck with 200+ ping that are near impossible to kill and can kill you want seems instant.

Don't get me wrong, there are Pro's too having servers "in-house", and limiting the admin fuctions to some extent is needed, I don't think many players are gonna miss 64 player rush on Flood Zone.
  • impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 Please don't get me wrong here and by all means I'm not against you in any way . I don't understand the situation with getting some simple answers . As long as EA stalls/waits the anger will only get worst . I do apologies if I sound like a rant . Thank you for your support .
  • Acinixys
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    The silence on the issue of servers in countries that are not in the EU or USA is deafening. I am a huge BF fan, but I cannot justify paying over $75 for a game that will not even have local servers. I really hope EA helps out the 10 000+ South Africa community members with a server cluster, else they will lose my preorder, as well as thousands of others. I am crossing my fingers that they come out and say that we will be supported, but until then im not holding my breath.

Its extremely frustrating as a consumer and as a lover of the BF franchise to get left in the dark like this.
  • DrVanNostrand1
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    given the current circumstances i'll vote with my wallet...
This discussion has been closed.