BF1 Servers - Thread for discussion of server rentals and settings*

Comments

  • Horseysaurus
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    EBassie wrote: »
    If EA / DICE would do their job enforcing their own TOS / ROC I wouldn't have to.
    And there are more examples like this, where we (the owners of the servers) have to enforce EA's TOS / ROC.
    Players can say anything without repercussions from EA / DICE and admins will always take the blame for keeping their servers clean of ****.
    EA / DICE has to remember we do the police work for them.
    .
    Removing these abilities will result in a cesspool of abuse.
    I can tell you: it won't be fun to play this game any more without these automations.
    EA doesn't care. Do you know why? Because they sold 14 million copies of SW Battlefront and there isn't an admin in sight on that game. So why should they put up with clans who think that just because they pay for a server they have the right to run it? And the trolls et al. who've complained about these semi-mythical badmins provide all the excuse EA needs. So they've told DICE to build in just enough control to hopefully keep some server renters happy, but they're probably okay going with company servers if there aren't enough renters. The hack users and trolls will run riot, oh well, they have other games in the pipeline for us to buy, they don't necessarily want us sticking with one game for years anyway.

    The players care more about the game than the people who sell it.

    +1

    And let's not forget that COD has already done the exact same thing, with games that were only like 24-player games, not 64-players.
  • Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    @parkingbrake and others...
    -
    You all keep saying that the franchise is gone, you're done, and walking away. No sweat off your skin and you have options. Yet you keep posting the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over until what? Are you expecting something to change? I feel your agony on wanting an answer from DICE / EA on why it feels as if we got the short end of the stick on this, but the fact of the matter is we got our answer. The answer is plainly put on their news section of this website. They said you are going to have to wait closer to the launch date for more information. We waited over a month to get them to say that, but repeating your feelings over and over doesn't change anything. We now just have to wait and hope we get the answers that most of us want to hear. I am going to bet that you want to hear it too! You say you don't care, but you keep coming back to this post with passion. Albeit, you do care more than you are letting on and want to see Battlefield succeed just as much as I do.
    -
    You are venting --- I GET IT! You know what though? Get all your friends and all of their friends who have an issue with this to come in here and express such. We have a ton of views, but only a handful of people voicing concern in this thread. There is no substance behind a few people filling up this thread with the same thing stated 50 different ways. You want to grab DICE's attention? Fill this thread with 1000's of people asking why? Then you will get the answers you seek.
    -
    I'm not calling you out here man... Seriously, it's the same people posting over and over the same thing. There just isn't any bite to that bark no matter how you try and spin it.
  • PBS-iRuthless
    347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'd say with 62.3k views and rising the thread has got some traction and has been noticed by both EA/Dice including the issues raised within. If they judge how important matters are by statistics then we can show them this thread when it comes down to it. Rather certain it was arround this time last week where the thread had about 24k views.
    I just hope we don't get the same treatment and receive "more info" on Friday! That wouldn't look great in my eyes.
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Madturnip wrote: »
    @parkingbrake and others...
    -
    You all keep saying that the franchise is gone, you're done, and walking away. No sweat off your skin and you have options. Yet you keep posting the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over until what? Are you expecting something to change? I feel your agony on wanting an answer from DICE / EA on why it feels as if we got the short end of the stick on this, but the fact of the matter is we got our answer. The answer is plainly put on their news section of this website. They said you are going to have to wait closer to the launch date for more information. We waited over a month to get them to say that, but repeating your feelings over and over doesn't change anything. We now just have to wait and hope we get the answers that most of us want to hear. I am going to bet that you want to hear it too! You say you don't care, but you keep coming back to this post with passion. Albeit, you do care more than you are letting on and want to see Battlefield succeed just as much as I do.
    -
    You are venting --- I GET IT! You know what though? Get all your friends and all of their friends who have an issue with this to come in here and express such. We have a ton of views, but only a handful of people voicing concern in this thread. There is no substance behind a few people filling up this thread with the same thing stated 50 different ways. You want to grab DICE's attention? Fill this thread with 1000's of people asking why? Then you will get the answers you seek.
    -
    I'm not calling you out here man... Seriously, it's the same people posting over and over the same thing. There just isn't any bite to that bark no matter how you try and spin it.

    First, people continue to post because they want good news and surprise when the rest of the information is released (extremely long shot I admit), short of that, they want to get their message across that these decisions that EA/DICE have made aren't good enough. It's not like we all want EA/DICE to fail, but we want them to return to the idea that PC gamers aren't console gamers, our systems can do more and should be treated differently. So I think if people are saying the same things over and over, it's because they are passionate about the franchise but don't feel like they are being heard.
  • GypsyTango
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Madturnip wrote: »
    @parkingbrake and others...
    -
    You all keep saying that the franchise is gone, you're done, and walking away. No sweat off your skin and you have options. Yet you keep posting the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over until what? Are you expecting something to change? I feel your agony on wanting an answer from DICE / EA on why it feels as if we got the short end of the stick on this, but the fact of the matter is we got our answer. The answer is plainly put on their news section of this website. They said you are going to have to wait closer to the launch date for more information. We waited over a month to get them to say that, but repeating your feelings over and over doesn't change anything. We now just have to wait and hope we get the answers that most of us want to hear. I am going to bet that you want to hear it too! You say you don't care, but you keep coming back to this post with passion. Albeit, you do care more than you are letting on and want to see Battlefield succeed just as much as I do.
    -
    You are venting --- I GET IT! You know what though? Get all your friends and all of their friends who have an issue with this to come in here and express such. We have a ton of views, but only a handful of people voicing concern in this thread. There is no substance behind a few people filling up this thread with the same thing stated 50 different ways. You want to grab DICE's attention? Fill this thread with 1000's of people asking why? Then you will get the answers you seek.
    -
    I'm not calling you out here man... Seriously, it's the same people posting over and over the same thing. There just isn't any bite to that bark no matter how you try and spin it.

    ^ Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

    See what you've done EA/Dice? Happy now? You put them over the top. /jk :D


  • TheNorthFIN
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can only speak for myself here, but yes, I do care. I do want Battlefield 1 to succeed. I played the alpha and beta, it felt good, keeping in mind that it wasn't the final product. I keep posting on this and other threads because I want to keep reminding EA and DICE that this is important. I also post to discuss this situation with others, reading their posts and giving my view, voting up the good posts. But everything we post is speculation, our own feelings and opinions. Because there is no real information, even this close to release.
    .
    We got one answer, I'll argue that it wasn't enough. The lack of information is a surprise, I thought the CTE was an amazing idea and mistakenly thought that the devs are communicating with their community more. That they have decided to keep us in the dark seems to me as a way to keep the sales up. They have had a specific idea for rental servers in mind for a long time, even if it is bad for us they should have said so.
    .
    I try not to vent or rant, I delete many messages I've written before I've posted them. If I vent, it's because I care for the franchise. I'm not done with Battlefield, EA or DICE. I want a good game with good servers. Keeping silent isn't an option.
  • Horseysaurus
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    We are recycling things over and over due to:

    1. EA releasing incomplete information

    2. Other posters making their wishes known that they don't care for admined servers

    3. Disagreements about server operation

    4. And yes, we are venting. Blame that on EA (see #1)!
  • ThoriumPower
    332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    dflynn222 wrote: »
    The anticipation is murdering me.

    Why? Just don't buy the game and move on. Stress gone. EA/DICE have demonstrated they aren't willing to provide you any relevant information before release, so why even buy the game and then be pissed/disappointed about servers. The simple solution is to just not buy it. Let it bomb.

    I see a lot of comments about badmins, who cares? Are you seriously so butt hurt about being kicked/banned from 1 or 2 servers when there are literally hundreds if not a thousand servers for BF4. If someone purchases a server, they have every right to admin it as they choose as it is their money, not yours. LOL, I got called a badmin once because I kicked a guy that was 40-0 on one of our servers in the first 5 minutes of play. I couldn't determine if he was cheating or not, all of his PB screenshots (12 of 12) were black (good indication he was running a screen blocker though so he probably was cheating). I didn't ban him for cheating, people were leaving the server because it just wasn't fun so I banned him to keep the server from emptying out. People get kicked/banned for multiple reasons, and for the most part they deserve it. LOL. I've never been banned from any server that I can remember. I've been kicked from many for things like over the skill cap, over the ping limit, over the rank limit, K/D too high/not noob friendly, using a sniper rifle when there is a sniper limit. but you know what, I didn't cry badmin about it. I accepted they had rules and breaking those rules would get you kicked. I moved on and went to another server, the same option as any of you have. Quit crying about badmins because your little fragile underdeveloped emotions got hurt.

    As a server owner, there are somethings I won't tolerate, and those are my rights as a server owner. You have no right to tell me or any other server owner how to moderate/admin it. If you think you do, then you are the problem, not the admins/server owners.

    /End of Rant

    You seem like the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ badmin people complain about.
  • HydeAut
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Facts are what was posted in the Blog.
    @S1ngular1ty You continue to post assumptions and label them as facts, with zero details to back you up other than the argument that "If there's no RCON, there's no control." At this point, unless you have 100% proof and evidence (of which you don't, but I'm working on getting actual real information), it's probably best to rephrase your "facts" with "assumptions" or "my opinion".
    You don't have official information because it hasn't been released yet. That's a fact.
    Otherwise, it's conjecture and assumptions.

    -Braddock512-

    Official information has been released.

    Given that, I would rather say it´s more of an assumption that meaningful additional information even exists.
    Post edited by HydeAut on
  • utopiate07
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing is going to change. No more information will be released until after launch and shortly before server rental deployment. The functions will of course include 'kick/ban', will be more than what was available for console BF4 but much less than what the PC community is used to. The community reaction to these decisions would have been fully realised and thus, as the decision was still implemented then they are obviously going to just 'weather the storm'.

    The only question that is left for us is whether or not we accept this new model and still buy the game and subsequent games or whether we leave the franchise behind. Personally, after many years of being a member of and leading a clan/community I am now what you could consider a 'casual' player, just dipping in and out when the mood takes me and thus less affected by these changes, however, I don't think I will be buying the full game. I will give it a try on Origin Access and may even get the game when I can get it for £10 lol but EA are certainly not getting £65-100 from me.
  • olT3lo
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited October 2016
    dflynn222 wrote: »
    The anticipation is murdering me.

    Why? Just don't buy the game and move on. Stress gone. EA/DICE have demonstrated they aren't willing to provide you any relevant information before release, so why even buy the game and then be pissed/disappointed about servers. The simple solution is to just not buy it. Let it bomb.

    I see a lot of comments about badmins, who cares? Are you seriously so butt hurt about being kicked/banned from 1 or 2 servers when there are literally hundreds if not a thousand servers for BF4. If someone purchases a server, they have every right to admin it as they choose as it is their money, not yours. LOL, I got called a badmin once because I kicked a guy that was 40-0 on one of our servers in the first 5 minutes of play. I couldn't determine if he was cheating or not, all of his PB screenshots (12 of 12) were black (good indication he was running a screen blocker though so he probably was cheating). I didn't ban him for cheating, people were leaving the server because it just wasn't fun so I banned him to keep the server from emptying out. People get kicked/banned for multiple reasons, and for the most part they deserve it. LOL. I've never been banned from any server that I can remember. I've been kicked from many for things like over the skill cap, over the ping limit, over the rank limit, K/D too high/not noob friendly, using a sniper rifle when there is a sniper limit. but you know what, I didn't cry badmin about it. I accepted they had rules and breaking those rules would get you kicked. I moved on and went to another server, the same option as any of you have. Quit crying about badmins because your little fragile underdeveloped emotions got hurt.

    As a server owner, there are somethings I won't tolerate, and those are my rights as a server owner. You have no right to tell me or any other server owner how to moderate/admin it. If you think you do, then you are the problem, not the admins/server owners.

    /End of Rant

    You seem like the **** **** badmin people complain about.

    Why because he banned an obvious hacker who was killing his server? Get a grip.
  • TheNorthFIN
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olT3lo wrote: »

    You seem like the **** **** badmin people complain about.

    Why because he banned an obvious hacker who was killing his server? Get a grip.

    He didn't ban because it was an obvious hacker, from what I gather it was more in the lines of "very possibly cheating" but more than that, he was disrupting the game of the rest. I can understand why he kicked that player.
    .
    In the case it was actually a good player with a really good start to a match (I've seen such cases), he could very well yell "badmin" and blacklist the server. Again, assuming the kicked player wasn't cheating, it does seem unfair that his good streak is cut short. I've had some matches where I play way above of my normal level. I would be angry for getting kicked. I rarely do as well on the consecutive round, but if I do, I'll try to balance by switching teams. This is just my view, but I would understand the admin balancing the server, possibly even kicking me if I'm just stomping noobs - I don't like easy games either.
  • fvmz
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just because someone doesn't share your opinion, doesn't mean you are right :)

    it goes vice versa of course.

    Had you said that *you* would not or don't feel shafted, that would have been a valid opinion, yours. However, you took the extraordinary step of speaking for millions of people by asserting that, "the vast majority of players, won't feel shafted". You have no way of knowing what people's opinions are going to be about a game that hasn't been released. You can't even say with certainty your own opinion won't change. Thus, the statement was the sort of baseless speculation that mods threatened to lock the thread over.

    So yeah... you were wrong.

  • PBS-powerbits01
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    One thing i must say, i hear people saying...i am not playing if they dont give full rights.
    Kick, ban, vip and mix mode would already be good.

    But then people leave and start playing" the division, overwatch , battlefront , cod mw remastered"...

    Guess wat guys, those games have zero admins and server control....

    The game community should unite and real say in mp:" no admin, no game"!!
  • splifire
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Someone im there german forums section just pointed out, that the german Version of the "All you need to know... " News was sligthly changed without notification... e.g. november 1st as start of roll-out was removed...
  • TheNorthFIN
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One thing i must say, i hear people saying...i am not playing if they dont give full rights.
    Kick, ban, vip and mix mode would already be good.

    But then people leave and start playing" the division, overwatch , battlefront , cod mw remastered"...

    Guess wat guys, those games have zero admins and server control....

    The game community should unite and real say in mp:" no admin, no game"!!

    Good point.

    I haven't met any players in Overwatch who I would call a cheater, even to myself not in chat. I've met few who spammed chat with abusive stuff, but I just hid the chat. No admin but for whatever reason I haven't needed any, it's just 5 v 5 after all and can't be compared to Battlefield IMHO.

    I can't say for the other games, but I'll probably see what Battlefront is without admins soon. "I'm going in...!" I've been thinking what other games that I play could use admins... but maybe I just don't play any other games with big multiplayer, aside MMO's which are a world of their own.
  • Tireseas
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    When games last 5-10 minutes max and you're running on matchmaking for the most part, admins aren't as necessary. Worst case you drop game and requeue if someone is being THAT obnoxious. I have definitely seen more than a few cheaters in OW though, but unlike DICE, Blizzard bans them and those bans stick.

    It's also worth noting that Overwatch would be actively ruined by allowing customization due to the sort of game it is. Don't believe me, go look at TF2 back when it launched vs what it's been degraded into.
    Post edited by Tireseas on
This discussion has been closed.