BF1 Servers - Thread for discussion of server rentals and settings*

Comments

• Madturnip
    415 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Now I know that DEVS, moderators, community involved EA/DICE employees know the answer to this question. I'm not sure what interest they would have in not telling us other than there will not be server rentals, at least as we know it, so they can maximize on pre-orders. I will cancel my pre-order prior to launch if we don't get an answer soon. This is something vital that communities across the board rely on. Frankly -- the concern of others (mostly console players and hackers) who don't like people policing their actions -- find a different server to play on. Your right to play on a non-admin server does not negate my right to play on a server with admins and rules.

We have played, and rented, servers since BF1942. I would hate to have to abandon the franchise who only caters to console players and 12 year old teenagers who download $19.99 hacks so they can play like gods. I have seen a trend since BF3 of gradually taking away server admin rights to cater to the LOUD MOUTH children of the forums. How about listen to the people who built your franchise in the first place, catered countless of servers for years, and painstakingly put up with less and less control of servers?!

I have done a search in the forum and have found countless of questions on this subject, but no answer as if it is some kind of secret. Just tell us, yes or no, so the community can rest assured that we are getting or not getting server rentals. However, if the answer is no (which I am sure is why we have not been informed one way or the other) you will have a mass exodus of this game and will probably be the final installment of the Battlefield series.
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    amen to you both
  • R0gueWarrior
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BiggyD1313 wrote: »

That has yet been confirmed. With previous beta's it was long confirmed, and server hosts were already announced. I'm doubting there will be private servers. It may be their best chance at squashing cheaters.

Nope, their best chance at squashing cheaters is to BAN their ORIGIN ACCOUNTS.... If you have a Library of games, and your account gets Banned then you lose EVERYTHING!

The best way to catch the cheaters is to leave it to the Community like it has been.

• sancron
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    But where will host the Dedicated Servers? EA itself? Look at the History

BF3 Beta - Betaservers Provided both by EA and GSPs
    BF4 Beta - Betaservers Provided both by EA and GSPs
    BF:H Beta - Betaservers Provided both by EA and GSPs
    BF1 Beta - Server only Provided by EA

So as result i see, GSPs can't test which Hardware they need, can't setup their interfaces etc. etc. So at this point, it looks like when BF1 will get Private Servers, you need to Buy it directly from EA.
  • gazzabwoy
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope they dont think we will buy the match making option they included. So we matchmake and get put in a lobby, then join a ea dedicated server.. i heard of a game called cod that done that and look at it now.
  • cobaltsarecool
    17 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    sancron wrote: »
    But where will host the Dedicated Servers? EA itself? Look at the History

BF3 Beta - Betaservers Provided both by EA and GSPs
    BF4 Beta - Betaservers Provided both by EA and GSPs
    BF:H Beta - Betaservers Provided both by EA and GSPs
    BF1 Beta - Server only Provided by EA

So as result i see, GSPs can't test which Hardware they need, can't setup their interfaces etc. etc. So at this point, it looks like when BF1 will get Private Servers, you need to Buy it directly from EA.

let me fill you in on something, maybe you already knew this and experienced it, I played on private servers back when BF3 Beta was around, GAMESERVERS.COM or the like somehow leaked server files.

I played on private hosted servers for 2 days and it was the best experience Id ever had with OVERBITE, perfect hit detection....

The fact is none of these clowns can set it up right not even their own idiots. It might not even be their netcode it may be like you're saying their stupid network admins this entire time.
  • cobaltsarecool
    BiggyD1313 wrote: »

That has yet been confirmed. With previous beta's it was long confirmed, and server hosts were already announced. I'm doubting there will be private servers. It may be their best chance at squashing cheaters.

Nope, their best chance at squashing cheaters is to BAN their ORIGIN ACCOUNTS.... If you have a Library of games, and your account gets Banned then you lose EVERYTHING!

The best way to catch the cheaters is to leave it to the Community like it has been.

WRONG , BAN EA ID + HARDWARE ID'S If certain hardware ID's are matched then you can't join , either buy new components or kick rocks.
  • sancron
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Leaked Server Files should be no Problem since BF4, as far as i know the Servers only got listed on Battlelog when the IP of the Gameserver is whitelisted by EA, what should be done through the GSP. So Leaked Server files should not be a major Problem.

But i think, there will no Servers provided to the Community by GSPs for BF1 because, the Release should be really near. And no GSP has informations.
  • VonReisler
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    Private servers are a must have!!
    60hz tick rate definitely needs a player ping limit ( the ones I play BF4 on have 120 ping limit and it's great for stability and hit reg).

Also, as said previously, hackers can be controlled and banned from playing on the server when detected by other players.

Battlenonsense just posted on BF1 beta netcode -
  • sgt_S4ndyM4n
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Sad news, there will be no server renting for bf1, all server will be hosted by i3d.
  • DeweysTV
    123 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The consoles are already set up this way, so I'd think the PC is next. All purchased in game.

• cobaltsarecool
    edited September 2016
    Sad news, there will be no server renting for bf1, all server will be hosted by i3d.

i3d there you have it these shared pipe rack rooms with so many firewalls your hit detection sucks shlongs
  • matsif
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    if we don't get this, or get a "server" with even more controls gutted out of it like they've been doing for each frostbite installment in the series, the series is going to die on PC.

just give us a yes or no. a yes so we can start getting ready or a no so we can move on with our lives. this darkness is a huge red flag for tons of players and if the battlefront no servers at all option is chosen for PC the game is going to last on PC about as long as battlefront lasted - 3 weeks and dead.

stop catering to 30 minute a week players on consoles and think about the players that actually got the game to be this popular for once, your dedicated PC communities that have been hosting servers and building communities since BF1942.
  • cobaltsarecool
    matsif wrote: »
    if we don't get this, or get a "server" with even more controls gutted out of it like they've been doing for each frostbite installment in the series, the series is going to die on PC.

just give us a yes or no. a yes so we can start getting ready or a no so we can move on with our lives. this darkness is a huge red flag for tons of players and if the battlefront no servers at all option is chosen for PC the game is going to last on PC about as long as battlefront lasted - 3 weeks and dead.

stop catering to 30 minute a week players on consoles and think about the players that actually got the game to be this popular for once, your dedicated PC communities that have been hosting servers and building communities since BF1942.

They don't care about the guys here since 1942 , it's kind of sad.
  • llll-Rogue-llll
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Beta is over, now is time to release news on servers,
    Without community run servers and the diversity, the game will have a short life span and they will have to release a new game every year like Infinity Ward and COD !
  • impulsive_tango
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know for sure whats going on with the servers being dedicated *like we have in BF3/4. Thanks.
  • matsif
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    nobody knows except EA/DICE, who have been silent on the matter. anything else is either confirming that both GSPs and players have no information or rumor.

given there's only 1.5 months or so until release you should be expecting the battlefront treatment (we have no server control) until proven otherwise by EA/DICE.
  • -GOG-WelshTwat
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well I can tell you now if it's going to be like battlefront I won't be buying the game, I want to be able to control my own server(s) like I have done with all previous battlefield games.
  • XDCFluffy
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It needs user controlled/admin servers. I always find a few servers that who good players and reasonable admin and stick to them. Random servers with no admin are often just full of idiots and cheats.
  • P1asma
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Beta is over, now is time to release news on servers,
    Without community run servers and the diversity, the game will have a short life span and they will have to release a new game every year like Infinity Ward and COD !

I'm with you on this. My team has always had dedicated servers since BFV in 2004. without the servers I see the PC competition and clan side of this game and future others like it dying out.
This discussion has been closed.