BF1 Servers - Thread for discussion of server rentals and settings*

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Not good

What is the point of having these forums if dice don't even bother responding.

Because it's a community forum. It has been for 10 years.
  • CBBFGun_Plumber
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Bottom line is don't rent servers.
    Don't buy the game and cancel all preorders
    It is the only way to get their attention

Unfortunately, Axlerod is right. We PC gamers must not buy into the Pre-Sale marketing. EA and other companies exist today because of us Die-Hard PC gamers who have been playing games for 20+ years. When large companies like EA figure that out when we stop falling for every pre-order scam they throw at us maybe they will listen. If they achieve their sales goal before the game is ever downloaded they will never listen to us Period!
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Bottom line is don't rent servers.
    Don't buy the game and cancel all preorders
    It is the only way to get their attention

Unfortunately, Axlerod is right. We PC gamers must not buy into the Pre-Sale marketing. EA and other companies exist today because of us Die-Hard PC gamers who have been playing games for 20+ years. When large companies like EA figure that out when we stop falling for every pre-order scam they throw at us maybe they will listen. If they achieve their sales goal before the game is ever downloaded they will never listen to us Period!
    +1 Why i wait for the full game review. (My first game was Castle woulfenstein 1981, omg i'm old)
  • CBBFGun_Plumber
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    +1 Why i wait for the full game review. (My first game was Castle woulfenstein 1981, omg i'm old)
    [/quote]

Yes I know how you feel. I also played that game and a few others over the years. The difference is today I have choices I didn't have when I was younger. So Far I Choose not to buy this game after playing both the Alpha and the Beta. My gut tells me this game will be released with several issues and a Patch will be available shortly after the big release. Does this sound familiar?
  • SirBobdk
    4702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes I know how you feel. I also played that game and a few others over the years. The difference is today I have choices I didn't have when I was younger. So Far I Choose not to buy this game after playing both the Alpha and the Beta. My gut tells me this game will be released with several issues and a Patch will be available shortly after the big release. Does this sound familiar?

Yep, the on going history of BF.
    I love playing FPS. but when I look at how many hours I've spent on BF4, a game that was incredibly frustrating, then I don't want to repeat that mistake again. So I wait and see.
    This game can be great, but it can also go really wrong.
  • Crackhead88
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2016
    BiggyD1313 wrote: »
    Not good

What is the point of having these forums if dice don't even bother responding.

Because it's a community forum. It has been for 10 years.

Wrong.

DICE and EA were active regularly back when it was the US and UK forums
    and the job of the moderators wasn't shilling for EA and deleting/locking any criticism.

It got a bit better on Reddit until the Community manager got caught red handed bribing mods there.

-comment removed

Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3884 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited September 2016
    There hasnt been any official info released yet concerning servers.

-CB
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    It sounds like DICE and EA are dumbing down the server rental options for PC like they have been for console. It sounds like you will be only able to rent them through EA and the servers will be provided by Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, and i3D.
    http://www.anarchygaming.uk/Forum/battlefield-5/bf1-server-rentals/
    I bet this means very locked down settings and no direct access to server files. So no RCON and no Procon support. This means no streaming anti cheat services, limited administration options, and very few customization options. Enjoy....
    Edit: Also this means EA can shut your server down when ever they want without going through a GSP this time. Fun...
  • westyjoe
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find it sad that there hasn't been one real peep of response or word from anyone on these threads other than those with "member" levels. This thread (and a corresponding thread in the beta BF1 PC Community forum) are fast becoming the largest threads in their forums and not one EA/DICE rep, or even a moderator, has commented. Probably another sign that it's a done deal and that are concerns, no matter how valid, will have no impact and go without response, no matter how much EA/DICE claim they listen to the community. I would love to see broad control as before (with procon), but for right now, just the ability thru some RCON to warn and, if necessary, kick players in game (along with the ability to adjust server settings as noted earlier by RevOverDrive) our clan would consider participating in this game. But any less than that minimal level of consideration for such a devoted part of their community would be an insult that would result in the loss of many players (and customers).
  • RaRaAv1s
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Along with a few members of my clan, and myself. We are waiting on the official word, because it's make or break for us and Battlefield. Not just the game but a server (or two) aswell.
    The ability or inability to have control over a server you rent, properly, is a MUST.

You don't go a rent a car, and then they say, sorry you can only drive within 25 mile radius of our rental dealership.
    Or a house, but sorry you can only stay in the house between 6am and 3pm.
  • HaitianVacation
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is troubling. Very troubling considering EA's most recent multiplayer games lack of player controlled servers.
  • HaitianVacation
    edited September 2016
    Typically when developers dodge basic questions regarding features of their games it's bad news and they are doing it because the answers aren't going to be good. I can't even begin to explain why they wouldn't talk about such basic and important information when the game is nearly 1 month out from release. It's baffling, unless they are indeed going to do another Battlefront/Titanfall server setup, which I think would be devastating to the game's longevity and pre-order numbers on the PC.

DICE, you need to address these legit concerns.
  • HaitianVacation
    edited September 2016
    I wonder if they aren't going to go this route because they see it encourages frequent purchases of newly released games. Basically a short sighted net gain but they'll develop a bad reputation after people realize they are intentionally reducing a game's longevity to get players moved to the next game. That would explain why after Titanfall failed and Battlefront they'd do the same thing on their other more popular franchise which historically retains players over the years.

I don't know what they are thinking anymore. For gamers obvious blunders are obvious, but for people who do it for a living apparently are clueless as to what makes PC multiplayer games successful and played for years.
  • TrailMix1975
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wonder if they aren't going to go this route because they see it encourages frequent purchases of newly released games. Basically a short sighted net gain but they'll develop a bad reputation after people realize they are intentionally reducing a game's longevity to get players moved to the next game. That would explain why after Titanfall failed and Battlefront they'd do the same thing on their other more popular franchise which historically retains players over the years.

I don't know what they are thinking anymore. For gamers obvious blunders are obvious, but for people who do it for a living apparently are clueless as to what makes PC multiplayer games successful and played for years.

Sadly this generations preference for quick mass consumption contributes quite perfectly for this corporate logic. What's trending today is no longer relevant 3-4 days later. Short attention spans and getting bored easily,means games for a lot people are short lived and they're hungry for the next thing. Slimming down ui's and making them cross platform/franchise wide means cookie cutter,less money input=more profit. Rinse and repeat.
  • R0gueWarrior
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sad news, there will be no server renting for bf1, all server will be hosted by i3d.

i3d there you have it these shared pipe rack rooms with so many firewalls your hit detection sucks shlongs

I have been playing on a server that is hosted by i3d, and for the last 3 days the lag has been horrible, Seems that the server has to be moved to a newer one because........ Wait for it, too many servers on the same box!
  • RomeoZero1
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    So that BF1 would again, like BF4, be owned by you - renters ? So we - customers , who bought a product to play and enjoy whenever we like, be owned by some imb rules you create ??? )))))
    It is a worldwide mulitplayer online game, if I "bought" the game to play online ,I should - as it is advertised!
    There might be no servers in my country but neighbor country with relative ping have one to enjoy smooth netcode, MM automatically can load that server. But if it belongs to a mentally unstable admin that bans me from playing the game ? What ,I need to get owned by " ping limit, Narcissistic personality disorder admin abuse or another continent 250+ping unplayable bs for (keyword) "my money" ? )))
    There are Consumer protection rights for a reason,I don't want to be cheated by a false advertisement.
    It should stay as SWBF3. Load game>connect> play>quit game.Simple as that.
  • RaRaAv1s
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RomeoZero1 wrote: »
    So that BF1 would again, like BF4, be owned by you - renters ? So we - customers , who bought a product to play and enjoy whenever we like, be owned by some imb rules you create ??? )))))
    It is a worldwide mulitplayer online game, if I "bought" the game to play online ,I should - as it is advertised!
    There might be no servers in my country but neighbor country with relative ping have one to enjoy smooth netcode, MM automatically can load that server. But if it belongs to a mentally unstable admin that bans me from playing the game ? What ,I need to get owned by " ping limit, Narcissistic personality disorder admin abuse or another continent 250+ping unplayable bs for (keyword) "my money" ? )))
    There are Consumer protection rights for a reason,I don't want to be cheated by a false advertisement.
    It should stay as SWBF3. Load game>connect> play>quit game.Simple as that.

Your correct to some degree, but there should be both, not one or the other. ALOT of players, like playing by a ruleset thats not the norm, look how many Bf3 and Bf4 servers are still packed on Metro and/or Locker, because thety have no nades or w/e.
    This game will be dead on PC within a few months, if we get servers that we have little to no control over.
  • FlankerMTL
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If there are no dedicated servers, the BF franchise is dead. What a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ fail, I'm, so sick of these shoddy business tactics. Unbelievable
  • BEASTUMOFO
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just cancelled my pre-order. E/A better wise up and let the servers owners run as they use to or they can go the way of the dinosaur.
  • SirBobdk
    BEASTUMOFO wrote: »
    Just cancelled my pre-order. E/A better wise up and let the servers owners run as they use to or they can go the way of the dinosaur.

Agree
This discussion has been closed.