Is BF1 gonna replace BF4 for you?

SWE-Androctonus
557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
BF4 was an updated version of BF3. It did almost everything better.

BF1 is pretty fun, but it doesn´t feel like an update. It feels more like a whole other game. They have changed to many things IMO. The guns feel awful. The revive mechanic doesn´t work. No minimap anymore.

Even if I buy BF1 ( depending on how Dice change things) I can´t see myself stop playing BF4.

Will you retire BF4 completely?

Comments

• owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    With the improvements to the engine, graphics, and netcode, going back to BF4 feels like a great downgrade for most players. (source)
  • DevilsBathtub
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i am glad they changed it, another modern shooter would have been too much for me.
    and yes BF1 will replace BF4.
  • maelore
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love BF3/4 but I love the direction and feel of BF1. IDK about it replacing BF3/4 for me because they are so different, but I loved the BF1 beta.
  • AKBear12
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It will replace BF4 for me, I just can't stand the map design in BF4 anymore it's just crap
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Definetly. BF4 is dead for me over a year ago
  • TheDtuned
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF1 feels like a spin off
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's meant to be a whole other game FFS.

Never going back to bf4 after this beta. No real reason to and I couldn't stand it after what I've just played all week.
  • Justascii
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

BF1 is pretty fun, but it doesn´t feel like an update. It feels more like a whole other game. They have changed to many things IMO. The guns feel awful. The revive mechanic doesn´t work. No minimap anymore.

Even if I buy BF1 ( depending on how Dice change things) I can´t see myself stop playing BF4.

1. The semi auto and bolt rifles feel great to me. I do not like the spread mechanics on the fully autos (LMG particularly).

2. The revive mechanics DO work fine, you just don't like them. You can revive and find people to revive just fine, but most people don't even both to ask for revive. The quick spawn option needs to go to fix this.

3. Minimap has always been terrible and is a lame **** crutch. Never should have been added to the game ever in the history of gaming. If you depend on the minimap, you are a no skill scrub.

Also I haven't play BF4 in months, so yeah this may replace it.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Justascii wrote:
    2. The revive mechanics DO work fine, you just don't like them. You can revive and find people to revive just fine, but most people don't even both to ask for revive.
    What he meant was that it doesn't work because of that. It performs its function well (could use work though), but the function itself is flawed.
  • incapslap
    3513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF4 did absolutely nothing better than BF3. In fact, everything was worse - from the gun balance to the vehicles, the hit registration, the maps, and the general functioning of the game. It didn't even play properly for two years, so I don't know how anyone can say it was a good game. The worst release for a game ever, and the worst Battlefield game in the series.

A disaster that needs to be forgotten.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    TheDtuned wrote: »
    BF1 feels like a spin off

bf3, and bf4 werent even real bf games, bad company was more of a bf game then bf3 or 4.

bf1 seems to have a mixture of bad company and older titles such as 1942, which gave you the ability to drive and fire battle ships.
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    incapslap wrote: »
    BF4 did absolutely nothing better than BF3. In fact, everything was worse - from the gun balance to the vehicles, the hit registration, the maps, and the general functioning of the game. It didn't even play properly for two years, so I don't know how anyone can say it was a good game. The worst release for a game ever, and the worst Battlefield game in the series.

A disaster that needs to be forgotten.

bf4 is more balanced then bf3.

unless you know one viable weapon in the entire game is your thing.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2016
    Justascii wrote: »

1. The semi auto and bolt rifles feel great to me. I do not like the spread mechanics on the fully autos (LMG particularly).

2. The revive mechanics DO work fine, you just don't like them. You can revive and find people to revive just fine, but most people don't even both to ask for revive. The quick spawn option needs to go to fix this.

3. Minimap has always been terrible and is a lame **** crutch. Never should have been added to the game ever in the history of gaming. If you depend on the minimap, you are a no skill scrub.

Also I haven't play BF4 in months, so yeah this may replace it.

Yes the bolt action is fun to play with. That´s the only rifles I enjoy.
    All other weapons just feel "wrong" past 30m. Even the medic class guns you start with miss the first shot 3 of 4 times at longer ranges than 50m.

So now the assault class can do fine 0-20m, medics 10-35m and scouts 15-1000m. Scout is the best class now, by far.
    And the removal of the minimap nerf all other classes, accept scout, even more because the minimap is used for CQB. Scouts usually spots their own targets.

Since the minimap is there you adjust you play style after it. It goes both ways. You can lure people in an ambush simply by firing your gun. It has always been a server option. Can´t see the reason why it should change. And you can use silencer to avoid being on the minimap when firing.

The map is pretty much useless in BF1. No one is spotting people, and if they do and you blink, you miss it. Enemies show up for 0.5sec.
    Even the flair gun is useless. Short range, short radius and only spots for 0.5sec. It´s only use it torching people on fire.

And the melee system is ridiculous.

Just played a couple of rounds of BF4. God I missed the assault rifles. Never gonna retire BF4.

BF1 needs a lot of changes for me to even buy it. Never expect it to replace BF4 for most people that really likes BF4 and have put a lot of time in it.
    Post edited by SWE-Androctonus on
  • -RUSH-BlackHawk
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    If DICE was to release like at least 10 new maps for Battlefield 4 I would keep playing it! Of course they'll never do it!
  • CPTANT
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why would I be playing bf4 in the first place.....
  • Ruski_Drunk
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, it will replace bf4 for me. Don't get me wrong I've loved BF2-4 AND Bad Company 2 but this is the next step for me.
  • 17th_Spike
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think most people have limited gaming hours so ultimately choose a favoured "go to" title.
    Yes, BF1 will get my undivided attention for the foreseeable future but it won't stop me going back to BF4 once in a while.

If DICE want to see people populating both I honestly think they need to release a quality map pack for BF4.
    Not a single DLC pack but an upgraded, re-invented core map pack, new lines of sight, choke points and hot spots (same environments).

Sure most of the guys I game with would pay good money for both BF1 and a BF4 re-imagined map pack!
  • g3a3stevo
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    For me yes it will.........Hopped onto to BF4 today and it felt so strange......don't get why as I played so much bf4 but I feel more at ease with BF1 although it did take a while to get into it......Bf4 just does not look as good as it did before I played BF1....I will keep BF4 installed but I can guarantee it will not be played for quite a while....Getting withdrawal symptoms already....I need to play some BF1
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I disgracefully left Dark Souls 3 unfinished when they started releasing the BF4 DLC for free. Now that I've gotten a taste of BF1, its time I finish up DS3, invade some scrubs, partake in some jolly cooperation, and get ready for my next major time sink with BF1.

Doubt I'll pick up BF4 again, even thinking about it just leaves me... unsatisfied.
  • Rcompleto
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Justascii wrote: »

I do not like the spread mechanics on the fully autos (LMG particularly).

The LMG spread system is a total joke! Battlefield 3 and 4 were great because they used realistic or at least believable ballistic mechanics. BF1 doesn´t and it ruins the Battlefield experience when a weapon reaches max accuracy in the middle of sustained fire.

FFS the game is becoming noob friendly just to win kids from COD, and it all started with Battlefront... So much potential .

The game after this beta is not worth price.