Is BF1 gonna replace BF4 for you?

Comments

• 909EagleTwoThree
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was an updated version of BF3. It did almost everything better.

BF1 is pretty fun, but it doesn´t feel like an update. It feels more like a whole other game. They have changed to many things IMO. The guns feel awful. The revive mechanic doesn´t work. No minimap anymore.

Even if I buy BF1 ( depending on how Dice change things) I can´t see myself stop playing BF4.

Will you retire BF4 completely?

I left BF4 long ago due to:
    1. Rampant cheating...and EA/Dice decision to do nothing about it, AND actually make it worse with free game time.
    2. Admin servers stacking teams so games kept ending 500-0.
    These are actually player base problems, and I don't see BF1 changing either one, so no, BF1 is not replacing BF4.
  • Serkaii
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    rock1obsta wrote: »
    No minimap is a definite bonus.
    The "one size fits all" guns of BF4 is a thing of the past.
    BF1 is a complete and total upgrade in every way.

Yes, Sir.
  • PackerFan_68
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, 3 years is enough; ready for BF1.

Although...if they released another 10 maps for BF4 I'd have no problem playing it for another year.
  • TheWalkingDerp
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Yes it will replace it. Might go back for a round every now and then.

I'm glad we're getting a quite different game and not just another reskinned rehash. Its funny how people complain this isn't a battlefield game because of the changes but back when bf 4 launched they complained about the lack of changes.

Also funny when salty "pros" whine about bf 1 being too noob friendly when in fact the game is just more rewarding of general skill and doesn't reward having no life and just learning simple game mechanics as much as bf 4 did.
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BF1 is pretty fun, but it doesn´t feel like an update. It feels more like a whole other game. They have changed to many things IMO. The guns feel awful. The revive mechanic doesn´t work. No minimap anymore.

Even if I buy BF1 ( depending on how Dice change things) I can´t see myself stop playing BF4.

Already retired BF4, and nearly every change in BF1 is a direct solution to my complaints of BF4
  • Troopperfofo
    371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If every with Battlefield 1 goes smoothly it will replace Battlefield 4 I don't really like Battlefield 4 that much and the only other Battlefield game I own is bad company 2. So I know it will replace battlefield 4 but il probably switch between it and bad company 2 if there are still people playing Bad company on Xbox 360. Hopefully it will be backwards compatible on the Xbox one eventually...

Hopefully battlefield 1 ends up be a great game I am mostly excited for the Operations game mode.

• elpartizan88
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've honestly have been waiting for a solid classic shooter circa ww2/ww1. So sick of modern shooters with lasers and lock ons etc
  • AnzacPete
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll be uninstalling bf3 as soon as bf1 launches. Getting a little monotonous
  • psmsk8er
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'll be playing 1 mostly because bf4 is old news for me. It's not the worst battlefield, hardline is easily. I still have fun on hardline though so of course I'll be playing battlefield 4 a little. I still have my PS3 so I mostly just go back to bc2 or 1943 whenever I get the itch for an older one but I can't imgine myself never touch 4 or hardline again down the road.
  • disposalist
    8958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    After playing BF1 beta, BF4 feels like such a manic mess. Every weapon is so effective over every range that random death comes from all sides with no reason. No time for tactics and thoughtful play, just a sequence of tap-twitch gunfights. Well, I try and play tactically, but because no one else seems to see the need, it just doesn't work.

The weapons being less effective in BF1 (and clearly role-specific) really helps with a return of slower paced, more tactical, thoughtful, squad/team-based play which I'm wholly in favour of. People who rush in and try and rely on reflexes and twitch gunplay die, which is as it should be. You need to respect all other gun-carriers and use cover, movement, location, awareness, squad-mates, team-mates, etc.

I've loved every BF game and I loved BF4, but, yes, BF1 is better and I can't see myself playing BF4 once it's out. Maybe still with platoon members who haven't moved on, but I will be nagging them...
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    rock1obsta wrote: »

BF4 is much too easy after playing the beta.
    No minimap is a definite bonus.
    The "one size fits all" guns of BF4 is a thing of the past.
    BF1 is a complete and total upgrade in every way.

• bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes, as much as i love battlefield 4, the improvements battlefield 1 makes to the franchise will make it my go to battlefield game for the next couple of years.
  • OptimaForma
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    seeing how may hackers out there already in bf1, prob no. bf4 servers are cheated and hacked to death now, so this will prob will be my last shooter. not buying bf1, not even on sale (with this much cheaters/hackers)
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Yep I'll delete BF4 since I've only just reinstalled it to practice for BF1 anyways.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned ragdolls yet. Man, those things in BF1 were beautiful! In BF4, ragdolls didn't have any special effect. In BF1, 'nading somebody and seeing their body fly past you was one of the best parts of the game. :cry:

FRICKIN LOVE THOSE RAGDOLLS MAN
  • moodii_77
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes! ... BF4 is fun, but has the worst maps in a game I've ever seen ... I won't miss the nonstop lock-ons/3D doritos/nooby gadgets/ spammy commanders/cluster**** maps with nonstop grenade spam/the unbalanced Rush ...
  • Turban_Legend80
    4751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No, it will replace battlefront. Because obviously I dont want two identical games using up space.
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, it will replace battlefront. Because obviously I dont want two identical games using up space.
    I guess beating dead horses is a trend now
  • Turban_Legend80
    4751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    owltro wrote: »

Well, that was too easy.

I guess getting defensive when somebody says something you dont like about a computer game is also a trend?
  • Rotank
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    owltro wrote: »

Well, that was too easy.

I guess getting defensive when somebody says something you dont like about a computer game is also a trend?

To be fair, that's practically written law of the Internet at this point.