Is BF1 gonna replace BF4 for you?

Comments

• Turban_Legend80
    4746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Rotank wrote: »
    owltro wrote: »
    No, it will replace battlefront. Because obviously I dont want two identical games using up space.
    I guess beating dead horses is a trend now

Well, that was too easy.

I guess getting defensive when somebody says something you dont like about a computer game is also a trend?

To be fair, that's practically written law of the Internet at this point.

That's a good point. I should've expected nothing less.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned ragdolls yet. Man, those things in BF1 were beautiful! In BF4, ragdolls didn't have any special effect. In BF1, 'nading somebody and seeing their body fly past you was one of the best parts of the game. :cry:

FRICKIN LOVE THOSE RAGDOLLS MAN

Hahha i member getting tank blastes and my ragdoll doing a cartwheel over a building :D:D
  • moodii_77
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    No, it will replace battlefront. Because obviously I dont want two identical games using up space.

Well, that was too easy.

I guess getting defensive when somebody says something you dont like about a computer game is also a trend?

You don't like it?! Simple, just leave! ... the door is always open ... start giving constructive criticism as to why you dislike the game, or leave ...
    Post edited by moodii_77 on
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There's no need to get defensive when there's already 20+ threads killing that argument.
  • slim413
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yes time to move on i loved bf4 and did very well on it but to keep my conpetitive juices goin i have to try to learn the world of bf1.
    This is battlefield1 and has a different feel but its on u to adapt ur skills to it not the other way around.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Wont play competitively but will casually troll in bf1.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    moodii_77 wrote: »

Well, that was too easy.

You don't like it?! Simple, just leave! ... the door is always open ... start giving constructive criticism as to why you dislike the game, or leave ...

Wtf? Where did I say I didnt like it??

Maybe you should leave.
    There's no need to get defensive when there's already 20+ threads killing that argument.

Exactly. So why did you get defensive?

Its funny how you fanboys get mad over somebody making the same joke that others have already made. But because i'm not somebody who bums BF1 you dont see the funny side.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Probably. BF4 even after all of its updates is still one of the worst BF games I've played (in my opinion of course)

It had way to much bloat in terms of weapons and gadgets, the maps where mostly poor to play on and felt like they where designed from an aesthetic point rather than a gameplay point. Probably would have dropped it for an updated console BF3 in a heartbeat.

• BrokeWar
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Won't replace my modern shooter, replace my most played shooter yes.
  • mcRen98
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016
    Gonna play both, if I want to play a modern warfare game I go for bf4, if I'm bored of bf4 I go play bf1 for the BritsnWebley, cycle repeats until I get my ww2/proxy war/bad company 3 battlefield game. Problem I had with bf3 and bf4 was both had their ups and downs which made me want to play either game but in the end had to permanently stop playing one of the other due to the 24 player limit :/
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's definitely time to move on from BF4 - it's just been out for too long, and even with all the content, feels very stale.

That being said, it's still the premier modern shooter out right now, so it won't be totally replaced.

But BF1 is definitely going to be a lot of people's primary shooter now.

I
  • Rakirz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF1 will no doubt replace BF4 for me.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    After playing BF1 beta, BF4 feels like such a manic mess. Every weapon is so effective over every range that random death comes from all sides with no reason. No time for tactics and thoughtful play, just a sequence of tap-twitch gunfights. Well, I try and play tactically, but because no one else seems to see the need, it just doesn't work.

This pretty much nails it. It's really bad on PS4, it's just being played like deathmatch with weird letters on the minimap

I kept getting frustrated yesterday trying to play rush defending Paracel, Everyone just bunched up on the MCOMs and we kept getting flanked because the enemy team knew what they were doing. Recognizing this, I kept trying to defend the flanks, but there's only so much 1 person can do when you have entire squads driving at you from the side.

Then on Golmud we got all the MCOMs except for the last set which requires running across LOTS of open ground under sniper/DMR fire. It would've taken MAYBE 2 people with XM25 Smoke to provide enough cover to advance, but no, everyone just hung back and took potshots at enemies while we bled tickets forever.
  • XTS-KingBeef
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Oh I see so you think in bf1 people will play more tactically? Lol good luck with that.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    After playing BF1 beta, BF4 feels like such a manic mess. Every weapon is so effective over every range that random death comes from all sides with no reason. No time for tactics and thoughtful play, just a sequence of tap-twitch gunfights. Well, I try and play tactically, but because no one else seems to see the need, it just doesn't work.

The weapons being less effective in BF1 (and clearly role-specific) really helps with a return of slower paced, more tactical, thoughtful, squad/team-based play which I'm wholly in favour of. People who rush in and try and rely on reflexes and twitch gunplay die, which is as it should be. You need to respect all other gun-carriers and use cover, movement, location, awareness, squad-mates, team-mates, etc.

I've loved every BF game and I loved BF4, but, yes, BF1 is better and I can't see myself playing BF4 once it's out. Maybe still with platoon members who haven't moved on, but I will be nagging them...

That is great for bad players. Now, no one accept snipers can kill you when you thoughtlessly run out in the open. There is no precision aiming anymore, accept for snipers. Within the range where the assault weapons can kill anyone, you can´t miss anyway. It´s stupid and favor unskilled players in every possible way. Not the other way around like bad players seems to think.
    Now, they don´t need to even try to get better at aim quicker and with more precision, that won´t reward you anyway.

I guess that´s how dice wants it. Of all the people that pay for the game, most people don´t give a s#it about trying to become more skilled anyway. They will just whine that they are getting killed all the time. Trophies for everyone.
  • Cpl_McCrumpet
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Probably not
    If i want to play a modern shooter ill play BF4 if i want to play WW1 ill play BF1, depends on the mood im in and what i want to play at the time.
    Looking forward to release!
  • Myrm1don
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016

The weapons being less effective in BF1 (and clearly role-specific) really helps with a return of slower paced, more tactical, thoughtful, squad/team-based play which I'm wholly in favour of. People who rush in and try and rely on reflexes and twitch gunplay die, which is as it should be. You need to respect all other gun-carriers and use cover, movement, location, awareness, squad-mates, team-mates, etc.

I've loved every BF game and I loved BF4, but, yes, BF1 is better and I can't see myself playing BF4 once it's out. Maybe still with platoon members who haven't moved on, but I will be nagging them...

That is great for bad players. Now, no one accept snipers can kill you when you thoughtlessly run out in the open. There is no precision aiming anymore, accept for snipers. Within the range where the assault weapons can kill anyone, you can´t miss anyway. It´s stupid and favor unskilled players in every possible way. Not the other way around like bad players seems to think.
    Now, they don´t need to even try to get better at aim quicker and with more precision, that won´t reward you anyway.

I guess that´s how dice wants it. Of all the people that pay for the game, most people don´t give a s#it about trying to become more skilled anyway. They will just whine that they are getting killed all the time. Trophies for everyone.

thats a stupid argument. Skilled players are aways going to do better regardless. So its easier to aim for noobs? it is for skilled players too. Who is going to be quicker on the trigger. I honeslty didnt notice a difference comparing friends from bf4 to bf 1. KD ratios were similar and so was the score difference between a skilled friend and a not so skilled friend. The difference was, the unskilled friend found the experience much more enjoyable, without actually doing any better stat wise than they did in bf 4.
  • SWE-Androctonus
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Myrm1don wrote: »

thats a stupid argument. Skilled players are aways going to do better regardless. So its easier to aim for noobs? it is for skilled players too. Who is going to be quicker on the trigger. I honeslty didnt notice a difference comparing friends from bf4 to bf 1. KD ratios were similar and so was the score difference between a skilled friend and a not so skilled friend. The difference was, the unskilled friend found the experience much more enjoyable, without actually doing any better stat wise than they did in bf 4.

There is no doubt what so ever that the "skillgap" is reduced in BF1 regarding infantry combat.
  • Myrm1don
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2016

There is no doubt what so ever that the "skillgap" is reduced in BF1 regarding infantry combat.

skillgap being reduced only matters when its screwing over a skilled player. Like giving an "I win" button to a class in an MMO that you can do nothing about. When you have exactly the same options at your disposal alls fair. so noobs cant miss? (which is bollicks by the way), then the skilled player distinguishes himself by shooting first and landing critical headshots
  • SWE-Androctonus

skillgap being reduced only matters when its screwing over a skilled player. Like giving an "I win" button to a class in an MMO that you can do nothing about. When you have exactly the same options at your disposal alls fair. so noobs cant miss? (which is bollicks by the way), then the skilled player distinguishes himself by shooting first and landing critical headshots

It favors less skilled players, hence no reason to become better. Stay unskilled and be reworded.