Is BF1 gonna replace BF4 for you?

Comments

• munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I see so you think in bf1 people will play more tactically? Lol good luck with that.

No, he thinks the weapon design choices will enforce weapon roles that will in essence force people to play at varied ranges with certain weapons to perform well.

He recognizes you will always have people that just want to run-n-gun deathmatch, but at least now they're only really effective at close range. He realizes that the weapons drive the playstyle and it appears from his comments he likes the playstyle choices BF1 is offering as compared to BF4.

• rock1obsta
    3819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Myrm1don wrote: »
    After playing BF1 beta, BF4 feels like such a manic mess. Every weapon is so effective over every range that random death comes from all sides with no reason. No time for tactics and thoughtful play, just a sequence of tap-twitch gunfights. Well, I try and play tactically, but because no one else seems to see the need, it just doesn't work.

The weapons being less effective in BF1 (and clearly role-specific) really helps with a return of slower paced, more tactical, thoughtful, squad/team-based play which I'm wholly in favour of. People who rush in and try and rely on reflexes and twitch gunplay die, which is as it should be. You need to respect all other gun-carriers and use cover, movement, location, awareness, squad-mates, team-mates, etc.

I've loved every BF game and I loved BF4, but, yes, BF1 is better and I can't see myself playing BF4 once it's out. Maybe still with platoon members who haven't moved on, but I will be nagging them...

That is great for bad players. Now, no one accept snipers can kill you when you thoughtlessly run out in the open. There is no precision aiming anymore, accept for snipers. Within the range where the assault weapons can kill anyone, you can´t miss anyway. It´s stupid and favor unskilled players in every possible way. Not the other way around like bad players seems to think.
    Now, they don´t need to even try to get better at aim quicker and with more precision, that won´t reward you anyway.

I guess that´s how dice wants it. Of all the people that pay for the game, most people don´t give a s#it about trying to become more skilled anyway. They will just whine that they are getting killed all the time. Trophies for everyone.

thats a stupid argument. Skilled players are aways going to do better regardless. So its easier to aim for noobs? it is for skilled players too. Who is going to be quicker on the trigger. I honeslty didnt notice a difference comparing friends from bf4 to bf 1. KD ratios were similar and so was the score difference between a skilled friend and a not so skilled friend. The difference was, the unskilled friend found the experience much more enjoyable, without actually doing any better stat wise than they did in bf 4.

There is no doubt what so ever that the "skillgap" is reduced in BF1 regarding infantry combat.

Thats not how it is for everyone. To me BF4 is many times easier than BF1. Kills felt more earned. I couldn't kill a guy halfway across the map with the mp-18. Maybe one or two hit markers if I was lucky.
    Any gun could kill at any distance in 4 (obviously excluding shotguns) which is clearly not the case in 1.
    Of course, everyone has an opinion, this is just one persons take on it. However, Im positive there are more who feel the same.
  • NatsuTerran
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So beating someone at gun rock/paper/scissors is "earned" kills to you? I think any gun should be pretty reliable at any distance. It's a gun after all, and guns should be mostly equivalent at killing. The unrealistic forced niches is a major turn-off to someone like me who wants more realism.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So beating someone at gun rock/paper/scissors is "earned" kills to you? I think any gun should be pretty reliable at any distance. It's a gun after all, and guns should be mostly equivalent at killing. The unrealistic forced niches is a major turn-off to someone like me who wants more realism.

But you play on normal right?
  • Zhuni-I
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It will replace BF3 for me. BF4 was a let down. Hit reg, and mouse feel in bf4 feels carp. Bf1 can't wait!
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I see so you think in bf1 people will play more tactically? Lol good luck with that.

Your words, not mine
  • MikeManiac61
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It definitely will ( probably not getting it on l launch) for me. No spammable unlimited uav's, target detectors, thermals, audio spotting, etc...

Many more to list but BF4 was very hand holding.
  • disposalist
    8958 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think any gun should be pretty reliable at any distance. It's a gun after all, and guns should be mostly equivalent at killing. The unrealistic forced niches is a major turn-off to someone like me who wants more realism.
    Is this one of those ironic posts?
  • Kirk40k
    2363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Is? More like it already did. I give props to BF4 for many of years and hours of great gaming! But it's time to delve into a new field of battle!
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Looking at my stat's funnily enough I stopped playing BF3 at the 780+ mark, and BF4 at the 770+ mark. Bad Company 1 & 2, or BF1943, I have no idea.

I have a feeling BF1 may top BF3 and BF4 for total time played.
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes. Well BF4 is dead for me over a year ago
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think any gun should be pretty reliable at any distance. It's a gun after all, and guns should be mostly equivalent at killing. The unrealistic forced niches is a major turn-off to someone like me who wants more realism.
    Is this one of those ironic posts?

Think it might be one of those people who hasn't fired any/many real guns.
  • JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mr7Beans wrote: »
    Every new BF title replaced the older one, this won't be any different.
    *Coughs* Hardline!

• munkt0r
    JediScum81 wrote: »
    *Coughs* Hardline!

Arguably Hardline is a spinoff series that will have it's own releases (if it did well enough) like Battlefront.

Not purely a Battlefield Era title. I.E. BF1942, 2142, BF2, BF3, BF4

Even Bad Company series is a spinoff title and not really a Battlefield Era title.

• JediScum81
    1438 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    *Coughs* Hardline!

Arguably Hardline is a spinoff series that will have it's own releases (if it did well enough) like Battlefront.

Even Bad Company series is a spinoff title and not really a Battlefield Era title.
    Lol
    Listen to yourself... BATTLEFIELD Hardline! Clue is in the title

• munkt0r
    edited September 2016
    munkt0r wrote: »
    *Coughs* Hardline!

Lol
    Listen to yourself... BATTLEFIELD Hardline! Clue is in the title

Battlefield Era Titles (meaning a Battlefield game focusing on an era of combat)

BF1942/BF2142
    BF 2
    BF 3
    BF 4
    BF 1 (For World War 1, despite the fact it's technically BF5)

Battlefield Spin-off titles

Star Wars Battlefront (not an EA/Dice title, but Pandemic Studios I believe -- only here for posterity sake)
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Battlefield Hardline
    Star Wars Battlefront (Remastered Newest Edition)

Logically speaking, each of the Era titles replaced the former. Logically speaking, each of the spin-off titles replace their former.

Logically speaking, you're one obtuse person.
  • Jlinz20
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No.

They are completely different games and there are alot of players who aren't crazy about the WW1 theme. BF4 will continue to be active and i think it's pretty awesome that we're going to have two main battlefield games coexist for quite some time together, even cooler that they are in two different eras, we didn't get that with the BF3 to BF4 transition.

The only people who still talk garbage about BF4 are the players who still hold a grudge over its release state, it's even funnier when those same players have a sizable amount of playtime invested into BF4, why keep playing if it's such trash? The amount of active players on the game to this day, almost 3 years into its life, indicates they did something right.
  • claudiu111
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF4 was an updated version of BF3. It did almost everything better.

BF1 is pretty fun, but it doesn´t feel like an update. It feels more like a whole other game. They have changed to many things IMO. The guns feel awful. The revive mechanic doesn´t work. No minimap anymore.

Even if I buy BF1 ( depending on how Dice change things) I can´t see myself stop playing BF4.

Will you retire BF4 completely?

No as I do not plan to buy Bf1. Bf1 is trash
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote:

Battlefield Era Titles (meaning a Battlefield game focusing on an era of combat)

BF1942/BF2142
    BF 2
    BF 3
    BF 4

Star Wars Battlefront (not an EA/Dice title, but Pandemic Studios I believe -- only here for posterity sake)
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Battlefield Hardline

/// clarity .. missed a bf title and the swbf stuff is a bit skewed.

BF Prime titles [1942, Vietnam, 2 , 2142, 3 ,4, 1]
    BF Spin offs / Alt Universe [Bad Company, BFC2, Hardline]

[Lucas Arts / Pandemic Studios / Savage Entertainment / Slant Six Games]
    Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) ~ original
    Star Wars: Battlefront || (2005)
    Star Wars: Battlefront III (cancelled)
    Star Wars: Battlefront Online (2011 - cancelled)
    Star Wars: First Assault (cancelled)

[EA / DICE]
    Star Wars: Battlefront 2015
  • munkt0r
    munkt0r wrote:

BF1942/BF2142
    BF 2
    BF 3
    BF 4

Battlefield Bad Company
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Battlefield Hardline

/// clarity .. missed a bf title and the swbf stuff is a bit skewed.

BF Prime titles [1942, Vietnam, 2 , 2142, 3 ,4, 1]
    BF Spin offs / Alt Universe [Bad Company, BFC2, Hardline]

[Lucas Arts / Pandemic Studios / Savage Entertainment / Slant Six Games]
    Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) ~ original
    Star Wars: Battlefront || (2005)
    Star Wars: Battlefront III (cancelled)
    Star Wars: Battlefront Online (2011 - cancelled)
    Star Wars: First Assault (cancelled)

[EA / DICE]
    Star Wars: Battlefront 2015

Thank you for that...but the point remains consistent. Hardline is not a follow-up title to any Battlefield title, it's a spin-off and will have its own sequels non-related to BF era (prime) titles anymore than SWBF's are.