Is BF1 gonna replace BF4 for you?

Comments

• Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    munkt0r wrote:

Battlefield Era Titles (meaning a Battlefield game focusing on an era of combat)

BF1942/BF2142
    BF 2
    BF 3
    BF 4
    BF 1 (For World War 1, despite the fact it's technically BF5)

Battlefield Spin-off titles

Star Wars Battlefront (not an EA/Dice title, but Pandemic Studios I believe -- only here for posterity sake)
    Battlefield Bad Company
    Star Wars Battlefront 2
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Battlefield Hardline
    Star Wars Battlefront (Remastered Newest Edition)

/// clarity .. missed a bf title and the swbf stuff is a bit skewed.

BF Prime titles [1942, Vietnam, 2 , 2142, 3 ,4, 1]
    BF Spin offs / Alt Universe [Bad Company, BFC2, Hardline]

[Lucas Arts / Pandemic Studios / Savage Entertainment / Slant Six Games]
    Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) ~ original
    Star Wars: Battlefront || (2005)
    Star Wars: Battlefront III (cancelled)
    Star Wars: Battlefront Online (2011 - cancelled)
    Star Wars: First Assault (cancelled)

[EA / DICE]
    Star Wars: Battlefront 2015

Thank you for that...but the point remains consistent. Hardline is not a follow-up title to any Battlefield title, it's a spin-off and will have its own sequels non-related to BF era (prime) titles anymore than SWBF's are.

I agree. Was just clarifying.
    Hardline [EA/Visceral] isn't a prime title. It's a spin off just like Bad Company is. They are both separate entities within the BF franchise. Just as SWBF (2015) is a separate franchise title under EA/DICE (EA bought the rights from Lucas Arts) , as TitanFall is a separate franchise title under EA/Respawn (Source Engine).
  • H-Hour_Absolute
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It depends on if they address some of the things I didn't like about BF1, from the Beta

-the Bayonet charge is a cool concept; dumb that you basically become superman during it

-movement was far too chunky. Yes, it was a beta. But past movement in past betas weren't different from the release. History suggests it will stay the same

-shooting was too easy! I don't know why, but those medic guns were so amazing! Just shoot in the general direction of someone and you got a head shot.

-ADS felt weird; almost like there was a separate force pulling the crosshairs around...hard to describe. It wasn't steady, get it didn't impact accuracy...seemed like the bullets were homing to their targets or something...not satisfying at all

I am interested in some of the new game modes tho! And 12 man rush should be interesting...but they should probably increase it to 15 so you can have 3 full squads of 5
  • Ruski_Drunk
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    It will replace BF4 for me, I've liked them all (Speaking BF2,3,4 and BFBC2 - i skipped hardline and star wars), it took me some time after the beta (also played the alpha) ended for me to join a BF4 game, and although it was enjoyable I cannot wait for October..

It took a while to adjust to BF1 (especially the desert map), but now I am hooked.

And FFS! three cheers for the horses! - who would've known they'd be so cool (but it needs not to have the stamina of a battle cruiser)
  • cweberling
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I haven't touched BF4 in like a year. So.......ya. BF1 will be the game I play/invest in.
  • MattKaia1970
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi All,I just want to say,The first few days of playing bf1 I wasn't sure,But now I love it.Domantion is awesome.Dont forget bf4 is still a awesome game.But bf1 is better.
  • FF_smart27
    1984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not if they don't change that sweetspot bull***. Sniper rifles that kill in one shot are gamebreaking.
  • Guzstav
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It'll die just like SWBF did, albeit not as quickly. It's super arcady and without some serious attention, the longeviity is poor. The game was fun up til lvl 50, then it was just revealed to be a no skill required SWBF repeat. Support = useless, Snipers = worthless/don't contribute and Assault = why use anything other than the MP and Automatico? Just spray and side strafe. ADS in this game is about as useless as ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on a boar. It's a quick pick me up kind of game, play a game or two, put it down and maybe don't play it again for a day or so. It's a 5/10 AAA game. Typical from EA/DICE.
  • Nietzscheese
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    BF4 is a very bad game compared to BF1 imo.

UCAVs, Airbursts, Semi-auto shotguns, bad netcode, C4 spam and other issues meant it was never a favourite game of mine. Just something I "tolerated" because I am a Battlefield addict.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 is a very bad game compared to BF1 imo.

This is a very dirty and wrong thing you've said.

BF1 was fun for the first week, now I'm starting to agree with the naysayers. Now that people are used to it, it's getting to be an ultra arcade-y hipfire spam fest. All the medic rifles taught people was to weave back and forth and hipfire. Or just use melee because it's more powerful than the guns. Plus you can apparently front knife people from 100% now.

I'd just play campaign but it was over in like 10 minutes and has no replay value...the Harlem Hellfighter mission was really misleading as to how the campaign was actually going to play, that's the only mission like that and it's over quick. It's basically like the Hardline story mode where most missions require stealth otherwise the enemies descend on you in .1 second.

I hopped into a bf4 server for a minute after I got frustrated with bf1 and immediately felt better by the crisp and agile movement and genuine Battlefield look.

• jelliedsoup
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't understand people's preoccupation with BF4.
  • namvn
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    already, BF4 maps are boring. Will be playing BF1 only from now
  • 0scarthepooch
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, I'll be sticking to BF4. BF1 has way too many snipers. I've seen over 75% of a server playing snipers way too much with this game.

In BF4 you had to have real, tangible skill to play a sniper, you had to know what you were doing. In BF1 there just isn't that same "feel", everything seems like it's built for anybody to simply pick up anything. There just isn't any learning curve for anything, even Star Wars Battlefront required more skill.
  • 0scarthepooch
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Rcompleto wrote: »
    Justascii wrote: »

I do not like the spread mechanics on the fully autos (LMG particularly).

The LMG spread system is a total joke! Battlefield 3 and 4 were great because they used realistic or at least believable ballistic mechanics. BF1 doesn´t and it ruins the Battlefield experience when a weapon reaches max accuracy in the middle of sustained fire.

FFS the game is becoming noob friendly just to win kids from COD, and it all started with Battlefront... So much potential .

The game after this beta is not worth price.

Exactly, I've been dropping most FPS games in favor of games like Overwatch or Team Fortress 2, those games take skill, REAL skill, you have to know your class and know your limits. Most games today seem to be built for the lowest common denominator.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was one of the worst Battlefields, will not miss it.

BF1 on the other hand, one of the best yet.
  • cTravisty
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Replaced it quickly and easily. I can't think of a single thing from bf4 that I find myself missing while playing bf1.
  • Misutoraru16
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    BF4 was an updated version of BF3. It did almost everything better.

BF1 is pretty fun, but it doesn´t feel like an update. It feels more like a whole other game. They have changed to many things IMO. The guns feel awful. The revive mechanic doesn´t work. No minimap anymore.

Even if I buy BF1 ( depending on how Dice change things) I can´t see myself stop playing BF4.

Will you retire BF4 completely?

upgrade is a nice word imo
    i fould BF4 is nothing but more like addon of BF3, i just feel BF4 is the worst BF ever
    when BF4 first came out i found disappointment very soon
    and i got to say Modern era is a dead horse, i found BF2 the best modern era, follow by BF3
    WWI era give me brand new taste, and operation mode does give me some fun than endless head chasing tail conquest
  • H-Hour_Absolute
    462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Battlefield 1 seems like it was named "BF1" because it's designed to be so easy that even a 1 year old can play it effectively.

Everything about it is easy. I've played it for 4 days: I'm in the Top 2% for Fighter kills. Flying is SO EASY. There's nothing to master, nothing to practice. No learning curve.

On ground, the auto aim is so strong that whoever gets the first shot off wins, until you run in to a group of hostiles at which point it seems to average the distance between hostiles and forces you to shoot at thin air.

Hop in a tank, and before you know it you have finished the map at 50-0, like 30000 points, and nothing to really learn there.

Grab a sniper rifle and as long as you use the same sniper rifle for a little, you can learn the sweet spot mechanic, and insta kill everyone.

While there's 5 weapons per class, and 3 variations per weapon, similar variations from class-to-class basically play the exact same. Which in the end, make it feel like there's actually only a handful of weapons in the game. The best weapons are clearly the best, the best vehicle loadouts are clearly the best. In about a month, once the vast majority of the base has leveled up to "class 3" or "class 10" every single person will be running the same cookie cutter Loadouts.

Add on to that the fact that movement is about as responsive as a boat in water, that ADS has been essentially relegated to a meaningless mechanic for everyone that isn't a DMR/sniper....and you have basically an arcade-based game that would be a better fit for the local county fair, as opposed to your living room.

I'm not sure why anyone plays it, except for the hope that maybe Dice will fix it somehow, and that in said example/hope/case, the players that are STILL playing it will be familiar with the game, and won't have to learn much if anything changes...but that's only IF they address the issues. This game is a total joke.

No this doesn't replace 4. And I can't find a single reason to play it except for those days where I want to run up a 30-40-50 and Zero kill streak (I.E. "kill farm").
  • Dan_is_g0D69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think that BF4 is the best realistic, complete modern style FPS and until something else which fits that same category is released and is better then it cant be replaced. BF1 is a different game for people who want the immersion of something different so in reality they cant be compared. After playing both they each have something different to offer. for realistic current warfare it has to be BF4. for iron sighted rifle fun and satisfactory head shots in historic setting then BF1 is your choice. yes the graphics are better in BF1 but... not by much and BF4 still keeps up. ( i will say however the lack of choice in BF1 weaponry is a bit disappointing- although i know DLC should provide more)
  • Cpl_McCrumpet
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like both
    BF4 though just feels better multiplayer
    BF1 campaign is fantastic
    Id like to see elements from BF4 brought over to BF1, 4 player start would be nice instead of having to wait for hours to get enough people to play, and snipeing in BF4 felt like you had earned it now its "ill just shoot in that general direction and ping!"
    Ill keep supporting both and playing both till either bf4 closes down or my wife divorces me...in which case ill even have more time to play both!
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I love the fact that in BF1, there are no crutches - no lock-ons, easy-mode gadgets, player ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, etc.

It's just raw.

Plus, on either console, it's impossible to go back to BF4 after playing BF1.

Visually, BF4 looks really poor with it's resolution compared to BF1.