Is BF1 gonna replace BF4 for you?

Comments

• Khaotik707
    584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    Battlefield 1 is getting worse with every patch and the new map is absolute garbage, I don't see much to look forward to.

I like a lot of the things the game does, and the lack of high tech, but eh, it's getting less and less fun.
  • HerroBigBoi
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Personally, I cannot stand BF1. It just feels awful.

After a few matches in, I always end up going back to BF4. Mainly because BF4 is actually fun to play. BF1 just isn't fun. Besides the graphics, I don't see any reason to keep playing it.

No way BF1 will replace BF4 for me.
  • DevilsBathtub
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    still having more fun in BF4
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really have no desire to go back to bf4, bf1 is the most fun i have had in a battlefield game since bf2.
  • MotchiMoose
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I stopped playing BF4 a while ago. I much prefer this game,
    no millions of gadgets and weapon mods to unlock,
    There's less of 'the best gun is..' and more of 'my favourite gun is..' at least for me.
  • NuttysKunKs
    574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 needs more refining and DLC.. I'm playing BF4 in the mean time
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm definitely giving bf1 a break for a bit...

Ever since the LMG buff I've been finding lots of squads with 3-4 support players and the overall gameplay has definitely shifted even further into full auto/'nade spam mode. They're not all that powerful but the game has just gotten so noisy and spammy.

I preferred the quieter, more tactical matches. it's way more exciting to hunt and kill than just run for the tracers and muzzle flashes of MG15s.

And no crutches? Lol. How about Assault weapons that hipfire more accurately and better than ADSing? I felt like I had to go back to playing Perfect Dark to practice up on my scrub techniques.... Or infinite grenades courtesy of support players to keep people away from bunker doors rather than face to face gunfight showdowns? Self repairing tanks? Splash damage from bombs that kill you two trenches over while prone?

The lock ons on bf4 are usually easily bypassed by good pilots/drivers to the extent that dumbfire was actually the safer, more effective weapons.
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Last time i played bf4 was 5 minutes before bf1 came out for early enlisters and I don't plan on going back.
  • jedsw20
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Fix hardcore mode and i'll stay with BF1. Right now its normal mode without a map.
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    smart2705 wrote: »
    TickTak77 wrote: »
    I love the fact that in BF1, there are no crutches - no lock-ons, easy-mode gadgets, player ****, etc.

It's just raw.

No idea what you talking about.
    Over the top aim assist paired with ohk rifles that's the most lock-on, easy-mode weapons anyone has ever seen in any fps.

There were many more easy-mode crutches in BF4 than in BF1, but I suspect that with raging so hard about how often you die in BF1, you probably don't remember BF4 all that much anymore @smart2705
  • PlCATlNNY
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 all the way, uninstalled BF4, great game but will never play again.
  • ii_lakai
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still play bf4/hardline whenever the mood strikes. Sometimes I enjoy the familiarity and the modernism. These two are totally different games and play like such so there's no reason to exclusively play only one over the other imo. It's nice having some variety.
  • OGsandwitch
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think its time to decide that yet. Don't you remember how many updates ( not just dlc's ) bf3 and bf4 had? I still find many bugs and glitches on BF1. Even managed to drive a tank on a crashed blymp. Biggest problem right now is the meta in weapons. How can only 1 shot gun be realistic. I have legendary skin on 12g Automatic and the amount of problems i'm having with it is ridiculous. It actually feels like its just another semi automatic rifle, no spread, no damage unless aimed downed right into their face. I do think they should balance out Battlepack drops, Weapons, New class gadgets, granades and different builds on vehicles, sucks to have options but only have 1 reliable one. Anyone remember when supports air mortar was op? Now it takes 4 shots to kill someone... Like whats even the point lmao. The game has a lot of work, but i hope its gonna go as long and well as bf4 did. And im still praying that they will increase customisation on weapons. gg wp Dice.

OGsandwitch
    Lvl 53
  • A_warped_mind
    1051 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope BF1 replaced BF4 the moment I installed BF1 and uninstalled BF4, never going back to that.

BF1 harks back to the old days BF1942/Bad company 2 etc etc etc it's more fun/more engaging and a better all round game. no 10,000 weapons and gadgets or camo's.

Just good old get out and shoot people in the face FPS madness.
  • ironfist235
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I still go back to bf4 whenever I feel like a modern shooter but with the server count diminishing I find it hard to go back and find a game
  • disposalist
    8976 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 2017
    I loved BF4. It was retired the moment the BF1 beta came out. I went back and played it to get a couple of BF1 dogtags. It didn't compare well, poor thing.

Many people disagree, but I don't get them. Every BF game has been an improvement on the previous in most ways (enough to retire the previous anyway).

BF1 going back to WW1 and back to basics is a fantastic move. Much more emphasis on tactics and thought and less on twitch-tap muscle-memory gunplay.
  • Mynx1911
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF4 was an updated version of BF3. It did almost everything better.

Stopped reading here. Just no! And BF1 will replace nothing.
  • Madd-Maxx66
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you like to run a server, BF4 is the way to go. Dice has ignored the BF1 RSP since the release and continues to do nothing for the RSP community. The fact that they've let so many rental servers sit empty for months just because they aren't interested in fixing the min player to start issue is disgusting from a customer support angle. It's probably the easiest thing to fix but they can't be bothered with that, their too busy with more maps and **** .....
  • sg2434
    3826 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Holy necro Batman!