Ps 4 and Ps 4 pro

Kalimar42
20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
If this game will support the new ps 4 pro won't the players have a advantage over the ps 4 players?? Better frame rate,less lag,better lighting to see enamies,etc. I'm not buying another ps 4 when my current system runs fine.

Comments

• F_R4TO
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    I think is stupid either way. You buy better hardware you should have better frame rates.
    Nonetheless is effed up if you have advantage over vanilla consoles. At least you should not have dips in frame rates. I struggled with my ps4 in some instances with frame rate dips and it is unnerving .
  • DofDk
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not that nerd but isn't it right that the pro should have more stabile framerate even if the developers don't do anything?

If the current ps4 had framerate drops caused by GPU and CPU, than the pro should have no problem due to better CPU and GPU. And I don't talk about higher rates if the limitations are set to 60.

Another thing is, ps4 pro comes with native 1080p where the current one is up scaling?!??
  • blackaddR
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There will be 1 game to the 3 ps4 consoles. What you might get is an individual update for example bf1, where by textures might be upgraded etc. Obviously HDR is being put out to all consoles so no one is at a disadvantage unless you don't have a HDR tv.

All past games played on the pro will be upscaled to 1080, but all future games will have developers do a bit more with the ps4 pro version of the game. At least that's how I've interperated it.
  • Private_UMPalot
    4234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The PS4 Pro is for singleplayer gamers with 4k and or HDR TV's. MP games you are capped to normal PS4's. If you want to spend all that money for that, then go for it.
  • monkChuck105
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Kalimar42 wrote: »
    If this game will support the new ps 4 pro won't the players have a advantage over the ps 4 players?? Better frame rate,less lag,better lighting to see enamies,etc. I'm not buying another ps 4 when my current system runs fine.

I think the better wireless and networking speeds might make a difference. Ultimately PS has said that this won't be the case, even stating that devs would actively try to balance this. I don't think it will feel like a huge disadvantage. A faster console can only improve your experience, but the same could be said for paying for better internet, a bigger TV, etc. It's not going to be a case have's and have not's.

Also, more than likely PS5 will be revealed after Xbox fully commits to Scorpio, for better stats across the board all for the same low price of $399.